What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Large beans

Buckeyebandit

Does a large seed have any influence on the plants that come from them. They are about twice the size as normal. Accidental cross I did

Thanks in advance for any info

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

I 'm thinking Ancestry ... seems to me if both parents were normal then you must have made seeds while the plant was crankin' ... and the goodness went to the seed ... which I think it will do ... and they grew well. Evolutionary priority ... or something.
Plant a couple ... bet they turn out mostly like their parents ...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not necessarily.

Large seeds are typically a result of genetics.
The largest I've ever seen were Chinese Yunnan, slightly smaller than a pea. They were breed to be used as food crops.

The only advantage I can think of that large seed MIGHT have over small seeds is the time that they remain viable in their native environment.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smaller seeds can result due to open or other heavy pollination.

Same goes for fruit crops....pluck peaches or apples when first forming, the rest are allowed to grow large.

It's both genetics and pollination.

Buckeyebandit

Thanks. I have China yunnan seeds from Bohdi but these are larger than them. These came from Tonys tortured beans. I took a male SSSDH X SOUR BUBBLE f2(rare cross) male and it hit a female of his SUPER SILVER SOUR GORILLA BUBBLE HAZE.

Teddybrae You might be on to something with( while the plant is crankin). When I pollinated the other plants for reproduction the SSSGBH was just put in the flower room. So she had to pick up some floating pollen during stretch and needing extra feedings.

The other plants that was pollinated was hit 3 weeks in flower and they are normal

Latest posts

Latest posts