What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Supplemental light for 600 w hps.

maimunji

Im looking for supplemental light for my 600w air cooled there is not much space in corners so need to be something like cfl, led ,uvb or...

Im not looking for more light coverage only for more wide spectrum or something.
Im running 600 w hps 2100k.

Koondense

Veteran
You could get(make) 4x 50W 3500K cob leds on passive heatsinks, dimmable.
Or some led strips in 150-200W range.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
No they come with heatsinks attached you don't need a fan on them or anything.

Id agree totally with koondense, the 50w cobs will not be too bad on heat either..

Cobs are the simplest LED answer anyway.. Unless you fancy doing strips around the edge..

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Im looking for supplemental light for my 600w air cooled there is not much space in corners so need to be something like cfl, led ,uvb or...

Im not looking for more light coverage only for more wide spectrum or something.
Im running 600 w hps 2100k.

ive been using 14 watt screw in led bulbs with lens covers pried off in indoor outdoor light strings with 1 to 4 socket adapters

picture.php

maimunji

ive been using 14 watt screw in led bulbs with lens covers pried off in indoor outdoor light strings with 1 to 4 socket adapters

View Image
Many thanks to share pics bro. Good idea with this 4x 14w cfl. Save space also.
I also wonder for 4 big cfl in to each corner 105w or 125w cfl but maybe will be too much.
Also can't deside what spectrum and dont know how much this will matter?

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Maimunji,
For me it all depends on your budget. If money wasn't an issue I would probably go LED but for much less cost I'd use CFL. Even fluorescent tubes can work suspended either side of the grow in pairs and Fluoro's run cool.
I think it's a good idea to mix up your light sources & frequencies and in flower, I'd add an hour or two of infra-red toward the end of each 12 hour lights-on period. All depends how much heat your growroom can manage.

Peace and happy growing,
Iffy :tiphat:

maimunji

Hi Maimunji,
For me it all depends on your budget. If money wasn't an issue I would probably go LED but for much less cost I'd use CFL. Even fluorescent tubes can work suspended either side of the grow in pairs and Fluoro's run cool.
I think it's a good idea to mix up your light sources & frequencies and in flower, I'd add an hour or two of infra-red toward the end of each 12 hour lights-on period. All depends how much heat your growroom can manage.

Peace and happy growing,
Iffy :tiphat:

Hi iffy money always issue but this need be to some kind of upgrade. I think i will go with led if they will be the best i dont have much space around reflector in the middle of tent + extractor filter and duct. Only in corners little space. I also dont have idea how i will support this led flying in corners. I will make pics.
Will use them only winter.
Its summer here 33C° in my tent.:santa1:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Could get a couple mars hydro 300 (130 watt) led panels for ~$70 off ebay for side lighting, ive read good things about them.

It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

Now the led lights took me multiple purchases of Led panels to find a great company. MarsHydro Led panels are top notch and very cheap on the wallet. They use 5m chips which not a lot of Led companies use at the moment. I have switch completely over to Mars series for led lights. A Mars 300 cost $60 and will yield easily over 1 gpw. They last a very long time. I purchased 8 and none of them burned out in a year of straight use.

I would definitely recommend using them together. For instances in my 5 x 5 area I was using a normal 400 watt average MH/HPS set-up from ebay in the middle of the tent like normal. The Led lights I put one on each side. Where every light(used a light meter from ebay that was $20) was low I re-positioned that Led on that side of the tent to cover the area. Same for the other side.

maimunji

Could get a couple mars hydro 300 (130 watt) led panels for ~$70 off ebay for side lighting, ive read good things about them.

Check them but looks like space will be issues with this.
I will make pics to see what happening at the top of the tent.