What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Copalita (Oaxacan)- P1 Deep Dive

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Sativa Fans,

This year I am doing a deep dive into my remaining P1 seeds collected from Oaxaca in 2009 to reproduce my carry forward line. I have been blessed with 7 stable females and 2 stable males that are now 8 weeks into flower.

Here are some pics to wet your appetite for what is sure to be a great finish, noting there are green and purple phenos in the population set:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful plants my friend, glad to see you are still working on those beauties.

I'm receiving a new Oaxacan line and some other local seeds from Guerrero/Morelos areas. But this season I'm testing Mr Alkaline's Oaxacans along some others! Looking forward to see what's up!

Best.

Rodehazrd

Very nice buds there how long do they go?
I'm subbed I want to see this as I have some Bodhi Oaxaca just started

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
My pictures are terrible of course, but I ended up with some different phenos from the p2 of this. One fell over and broke from the weight last week, another had the carbon filter fall on her and is starting over.

Over all I ended up with 7 females and 3 males. So far just the one wildly branching female, two of these denser flowers (for copalita), one really airy whitish female and two main single cola spear type phenos.

These are just starting week 13 today of 10/14 from rooted cutting.

I am thinking another 2-3 weeks on most of them and the more wild lady I think she will go another 4-6 weeks.

Spicy smells some with pepper some like murr, woodish smells but can't pindown more than a slightly sour wood shaving type of smell.

Green

Veteran
Thanks RC for the photos and info. Dive deep! Love narrow leaf mexy’s. Keep it coming.

RC_Colas

Veteran
Very cool.
Just curious, you still have the manipuri project going also, or is that one all done?
Hola thejact55,

Yes I still have the Manipuri project in flight and they are also at 8 weeks of flower, looking great:) Will post pics of them soon on their thread and would say the buds are 2/3 the size of the Copalita...about 2 weeks slower to trigger.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Subbed!

The one I grew had a dreamy/floaty Colombian type of high. For that type of high, it was exceptional. A friend reported an energetic one from a small airy bud and skinny leaf one. Makes me want to double back and check more of them since I'm looking for a more soaring cerebral exhilarating high.

Very glad I found this thread.

Here are pictures of the one I grew. There was nothing delicate about it. It was a beast. It is a classic from the old days. The high was so relaxing yet buoyant. No heavy limb feeling like so many modern indica crosses. The aroma, though complex, had the spicy/musty smells like most Mexican strains from back in the day. I was blessed to have the opportunity to grow it. I hope you don't mind me posting this. You got a rare gem here, and I couldn't help myself:
picture.php

picture.php

Coughie

Whooo! Another RC thread!
I have not forgot about you, friend!

Tagging along for this one, hope I'm not too late

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola Limegreen,

Looking great amigo and sounds like you have selected some good diversity in your population set for the future:) Best of luck with the finish and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the lines end product.

Saludos

RC_Colas

My pictures are terrible of course, but I ended up with some different phenos from the p2 of this. One fell over and broke from the weight last week, another had the carbon filter fall on her and is starting over.

Over all I ended up with 7 females and 3 males. So far just the one wildly branching female, two of these denser flowers (for copalita), one really airy whitish female and two main single cola spear type phenos.

These are just starting week 13 today of 10/14 from rooted cutting.

I am thinking another 2-3 weeks on most of them and the more wild lady I think she will go another 4-6 weeks.

Spicy smells some with pepper some like murr, woodish smells but can't pindown more than a slightly sour wood shaving type of smell.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76849&pictureid=1862060&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76849&pictureid=1862059&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76849&pictureid=1862058&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76849&pictureid=1862057&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76849&pictureid=1862056&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola ThaiBliss,

Great to see you on the thread amigo and for the KIND words about your Copalita experience:) My current run is aimed at preserving the diveristy mentioned and ensure sexual stability for the future, so stay tuned as I have about 4-6 weeks to go for sampling.

Saludos

RC_Colas

Subbed!

The one I grew had a dreamy/floaty Colombian type of high. For that type of high, it was exceptional. A friend reported an energetic one from a small airy bud and skinny leaf one. Makes me want to double back and check more of them since I'm looking for a more soaring cerebral exhilarating high.

Here are pictures of the one I grew. There was nothing delicate about it. It was a beast. It is a classic from the old days. The high was so relaxing yet buoyant. No heavy limb feeling like so many modern indica crosses. The aroma, though complex, had the spicy/musty smells like most Mexican strains from back in the day. I was blessed to have the opportunity to grow it. I hope you don't mind me posting this. You got a rare gem here, and I couldn't help myself:
View Image
View Image

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Subbed!

View Image
View Image

That looks like a p1 of djs lines for sure! Glad to see you at it RC