What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this on my pots?

DoDad

It looks like some build up from the water or the nutes or the perlite/vermiculite.

How do I get rid of it?

Attachments

• IMG_6072.jpg
    IMG_6072.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10

MrBungle

have you tried soaking in a vinegar solution? I know CLR would work but I'd probably dillute that, and make sure its washed off the pots well with a scrub brush

Cvh

Supermod
Try to remove it with some vinegar.
If that doesn't work try some ph- straight from the bottle. (Be carefull! Don't let it come in contact with your skin or eyes).

DoDad

I soaked them overnight in just water and it loosened it some. I took a plastic scrubber and took off a layer and soaking them again today.

Another day soaking and one more round of scrubbing and it should be all gone.

M

metsäkana

:D that shit will block your sewer? send it to lab and see wtf it really is :D what fertilizers give that stuff out???

troutman

Seed Whore
Don't waste your time cleaning that mess.

Throw it in the garbage and get a new pot.

In the future, try using water with less dissolved solids like calcium and iron.

Junk

:D that shit will block your sewer? what fertilizers give that stuff out???

My thoughts exactly...

What are you using that is doing that? Or is that like 10 rounds worth? From the look of it, I would just buy new ones lol. You look like you need a chisel!

Latest posts

Latest posts