What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pump issues please help.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So im having an issue i was worried about from the start. Often times when i need to pump water out of one of my reservoirs the pump wont work right away. Ive needed to lift the hose up and down and move it around and eventually it will work. With my newest spot, i had to send the waste line really far and up a bit to get to a sink far away in a separate building. The hose itself was dug underground for a portion of it so it cannot be accessed and I need to never have this problem again. The hose is 3/4in and about 70ft long. It goes about 6-8ft up to access the sink. Worked the first time I used it. It hasnt since. Appreciate any insight here.

Chemdawggy Dawg

Sounds like your pump has a bad cord. You could try and fix it or just buy a new one. Idk what size pump you are using, but With the distance you are trying to push the water it is probably smart to buy one that is a lot bigger.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Your punlmp is having trouble moving the remaining air to deliver water i usually try to leave water in my line for siphoning power to help the pump when i start it again...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its one of the pumps that sucks from the bottom to get the res down to 1/2 an inch. Its like a 240ish gph. Tried a standard eco 396 didnt work either. Both pumps work, its the air in the line, but water is in it too. It just seems like its too far. Would love more info on sump pumps. Does that go in the middle of the line?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ty packerfan. Grabbed a 1200gph sump pump w some adapters and a clamp at home cheapo. Problem solved. Thanks again!