What's new

Phylos Galaxy - Landrace discussion

romanoweed

yes
Repeating the Conclusion: Better Read my first Posts in my Serie of Posts all on this Page: Page 36.

now the same in positive view: If i have a wild(or feral) Field of Cannabis... and everything is threated the same, namely NOT threated, just so untouched as possible... This is where phylos Galaxy shines.. Or the same Thing, if i do studies in inbreeding. namely take just ONE single plant... And do every possible combination , and sequence of INBREED-Selection... And then i compare the different Inbreeds, then i could watch if one Inbreed has become totally different. It would make a very SEPARATE Cluster in the Galaxy.. So i can see trough this Cluster-separation-distance.. And assume that i have done something very distinct while Inbreeding..

Same in Nature.. Some Parameter stay the SAME.. namely plants beeing untouched.. now i sample every 200 meter one plant.. Compare, and see some much more separated Clustersin in the Galaxy. Now i can learn from this Special Clustering.. probably it was Snails dooing Selection.......probably mold of the River.... I can overlay with river-maps, to see if this Rivers are the reason for Special-distant Clustering..

But , negative site again.. If i compare Different things, like a Multihybrid emerging out of DIFFERENT landraces, some Skunks are made of a normal Afghani, but some out of a VERRY Berry Afghani.. And see some STRONG Berry-Cluster.. then i have Problems to learn.. Cause this berryness was very strong in the Initial Afgani Plant, stronger than other Afghanis in similar Multihybrids..
The only Thing i could study how the Berrytaste degraded in some breeds or was highlited in other Breeds, emerging out of THE SAME AFGHANI plant.. I couldnt see ANYTHING more if EVERYTHING is DIFFERENT... NAMELY: multihybrids out of MULTI Landraces are compared..

I MAY be able to compare Multihybrids wich was created out the EXACT same Plants, namely per examp. :Sam Skunkmans Afghani, , Real seed Companys Nepaly, and Shantibabas Thai... Some exact Plants crossed to different Percentages, in different Sequences, inbreed in different kways..
But something HAS to STAY the same in order to teach me Clusters , STAND OUT of THE LINE.. It Needs one Line at least, i think

Peace, now i have told enough what i think

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day R

There are zones where species overlap .
In the right season a variety that usually grows further south or north can flourish .

This means that hybrids can be created .
Climate and conditions create borders that encourage or stifle wild / feral habitation .

But if there is a change in weather patterns the borders may fluctuate . And varieties that are normally outgrown by the locally adapted plants can flourish and combine in those climate border areas to create new varieties .

eg The Steppe and areas just south or north .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Grats!! I seen that, and was thinking it got hijacked because it was mentioned on the forum or something. Glad you got your credit!! I'd love to see what that strain is like I have some Greek in my blood lol

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phylos cashes in... Thanks for playing.

Conception Nurseries, a Leading Cannabis Micropropagation Company, Comes out of Quiet Production and Launches Publicly Today
January 16, 2019 09:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Conception Nurseries, a cannabis micropropagation company that has been quietly developing cannabis tissue culture clones for nearly two years, is now launching publicly. Conception is bringing tissue culture technology, a crucial component of industrial scale agriculture, to the cannabis industry. With tissue culture micropropagation, Conception produces plantlets that are free of pathogens and have exceptional vigor, at a cost-per-plant below producers' in-house costs.

Conception is led by Chief Executive Officer Kevin Brooks. Kevin most recently served as the CEO of Connected Cannabis, the largest vertically integrated cannabis company in California. Before entering the cannabis industry, Kevin spent 15 years as an executive in Silicon Valley supporting companies through multiple successful exits.

In partnership with both Phylos, the leading cannabis agricultural genomics company, and CropOne, the largest and highest yielding vertical agriculture company, Conception provides cultivators with next-generation, targeted cannabis varieties customized for the needs of consumers and cultivators.

Through its partnership with Phylos, Conception’s tissue culture clones will each be genetically tested and registered with Phylos. A unique genetic ID is assigned to each plant tested, and includes a report revealing identical clone matches and how they’re related to varieties around the world.

Through its technology partnership with CropOne, Conception will use the world’s leading controlled-environment agriculture platform and plantlet development technology to ensure plantlets are pathogen free as well as consistent, vigorous growers.

Conception will be launching its Series A funding and facility rollout plans.

About Conception:

Conception is bringing tissue culture technology, a crucial component of industrial scale agriculture, to the cannabis industry. With tissue culture "micropropagation," Conception produces plantlets that are free of pathogens and have exceptional vigor, at a cost-per-plant below producers' in-house costs. Conception is a partnership between Phylos and CropOne.

About Phylos:

Phylos is the world’s leading provider of cannabis genomics. Using modern molecular genetics and computational biology, Phylos is driving the development and improvement of hemp and drug varieties for optimal performance across diverse agricultural environments. Our world-class team supports research and development, breeding partnerships with global partners, and cultivation businesses worldwide with a comprehensive suite of genetic testing solutions.

oldbootz

Veteran
I think its a good thing Tonygreen. Who doesn't want clean clones? Why would Phylos not want to make some money? All businesses bottom line is money and its ok. Do you make money? Is that bad? How do you buy food?

Cannavore

Veteran
I think its a good thing Tonygreen. Who doesn't want clean clones? Why would Phylos not want to make some money? All businesses bottom line is money and its ok. Do you make money? Is that bad? How do you buy food?

Because they told the people who gave them their prized genetics they weren't doing this.

"PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Conception Nurseries, a cannabis micropropagation company that has been quietly developing cannabis tissue culture clones for nearly two years, is now launching publicly."

oldbootz

Veteran
Because they told the people who gave them their prized genetics they weren't doing this.

"PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Conception Nurseries, a cannabis micropropagation company that has been quietly developing cannabis tissue culture clones for nearly two years, is now launching publicly."

If you are saying what I think you are saying, that Conception Nurseries has been tissue culturing plants from samples sent into Phylos for the last two years, then I think that is an unsubstantiated claim. Tissue culturing from dead seeds or dry leaf samples is almost impossible. It would be far easier for this company to just go to clone shops and buy up all their best clones to tissue culture from this stock.

oldbootz

Veteran
Also, if they are submitting all their samples to the public database that we can all have a look at, then it would be obvious if their samples are direct relatives to other samples submitted by people in the last two years. So they would basically be outing themselves by doing this. I think this is just paranoia.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
The globalist always win lol. We are the ant workers for the queen no matter what. Thats nature. Nothing evil about it. Money isn't the thing to envy, money is just a means to encourage involvement in the process leading to things more advanced than shelter, food, and clothing. The only true wealth outside of health.

therevverend

Veteran
When you send them a sample for sexing you juice the leaf into the paper. No tissue. You've got to take a sample from a live plant. Doesn't take much but the samples sent for genetic testing won't work.

I've chatted with them a bit they're certainly capitalists. They'd love to send you a business offer of helping you improve the quality of your grow through their genetic magic. I do appreciate their enthusiasm the people that work there seem to be into their job. As with anything business, buyer beware. If you have more to lose then they have to give back don't deal with them.

Maybe this has already been said but part of their offer is that they can identify genetic traits that are favorable and unfavorable. So if you hire them they can advise you as to what traits you should be looking for, what traits you should cull. If this is accurate and they can do it, and pharmaceutical companies have been doing this for many years with big numbers, us pollen chuckers could be antiques already.

Maybe there's a backwoods redneck hippy guy out of Humboldt who's been breeding the last 40 years off some dirt road in the middle of nowhere who's got something that'll shock them. Where he'd lose out on having them 'steal' his genetics. For the most part drug cannabis is so closely related and so plastic, easily bred into different phenotypes, I think we the growers have more to gain from their knowledge then they have to take from us. Except in a collective, need really big numbers to get results kind of way. That's our value to them.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
giphy.gif

ahortator

Veteran
Hello. I wonder why people are so worried about if Phylos pantent the samples.

Growing marijuana is illegal in most places. We are breaking the law. If the cops catch us we can go to jail. So why bother if the patent "our seeds". I am going to continue growing them. It never mind to me if they have patented them (which I think they cannot), but I really don't care. I feel deeply more worried about I love real sativas and people are destroying them mixing or replacing them with Afghan or even hemp hybrids.

I really don't care if Phylos extract DNA sequences from "my seeds" and introduce them into yeasts to produce specific cannabinoids and terpenes profiles or if they patent everything. I am goig to continue growing in spite of whatever they do.

About "my seeds" or "my strains" I think they aren't mine or yours. People have been sharing seeds since the dawn of agriculture. I can say a strain is mine. But what about all those growers or farmer who have bred them prior I got those seeds? It is something really stupid. Only Monsanto, corrupts sold politicians and all those greedy garbage seed companies which destroy and deplete cannabis and other crops genepool wherever they go, are so stupid to care about the property of the seeds. Seeds belong to whoever grows them. I love to share seeds. In fact I would like to share seeds broadly but I have failed making them since some years ago.

ahortator

Veteran
I sure hope none of the seed sellers are worried about what Phylos might show about their work!

I see so many seeds sold as pure NLD with broad leaflets, thick buds and too fast flowering. It will be really funny! :biggrin::woohoo:

I wood

I see so many seeds sold as pure NLD with broad leaflets, thick buds and too fast flowering. It will be really funny! :biggrin::woohoo:

I bet world of seeds won’t be making any submissions, scammy fuckers wasted a bunch of this trusting persons time.

oldbootz

Veteran
Hello. I wonder why people are so worried about if Phylos pantent the samples.

Growing marijuana is illegal in most places. We are breaking the law. If the cops catch us we can go to jail. So why bother if the patent "our seeds". I am going to continue growing them. It never mind to me if they have patented them (which I think they cannot), but I really don't care. I feel deeply more worried about I love real sativas and people are destroying them mixing or replacing them with Afghan or even hemp hybrids.

I really don't care if Phylos extract DNA sequences from "my seeds" and introduce them into yeasts to produce specific cannabinoids and terpenes profiles or if they patent everything. I am goig to continue growing in spite of whatever they do.

About "my seeds" or "my strains" I think they aren't mine or yours. People have been sharing seeds since the dawn of agriculture. I can say a strain is mine. But what about all those growers or farmer who have bred them prior I got those seeds? It is something really stupid. Only Monsanto, corrupts sold politicians and all those greedy garbage seed companies which destroy and deplete cannabis and other crops genepool wherever they go, are so stupid to care about the property of the seeds. Seeds belong to whoever grows them. I love to share seeds. In fact I would like to share seeds broadly but I have failed making them since some years ago.

^^ wishful thinking is that this is common sense, somehow ego gets involved and nothing can possibly make sense

Dog Star

Veteran
They definitly dont do this cause they are good Samaritans...

huge amounts of ego is included,only money talks...

Latest posts

Latest posts