What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Yarkhun @ Mriko

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Flood tima thx

Yarkhun valleys
picture.php

picture.php

Nouristan ex-Kafiristan culture (protohistoric)
picture.php

Well those tribes from
the most inaccessible valleys that border Afghanistan and India (Pakistan) look cool! Of course they are peaceful and they should cultivate cannabis from a long time ago! Unfortunately nowadays this animist People and this land up to 3000m is decimated cause monotheism n' islam.

Nuristan Valleys
picture.php

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Seems we are neighbor & have quite the same taste for oldshool Cannabis afghanica, quite funny haha!

Keep the good work mate, hope to meet you one of those days !

Kenavo ! :tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful old strain from Pakistan... I still remember the great old pictures from Mriko, good vibes for him wherever he is. Very interesting landraces from the hashish motherland indeed. Wish there were more of those available so we could understand more about the hashish culture and its plants.

Those "thin" looking Yarkhuns look more like the old NLD hashish landraces that Vavilov was describing rather than the more domesticated broad leaf afghanica subspecies found along the Chitral valley later on (former Kunar river valley), when Afghanistan took over the hashish industry after the fall of Turkestan and Yarkand reign.

Vibes.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Vibes Mustafunk, we hope that Mriko's relaunches and revive his association project for the Hindu Kush preservation. Unfortunately it is "off" cause lack of support and war tima there but the day will come, AlHamdoulillah ;)

Btw here a nice Pakistan trip...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=34849

Here my current grow with the last Pakik F1s, F2s needed! :D
picture.php

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
To complete the phyllotaxy debate i think it is imperative to have in mind and understanding that up to 3000m vegetation is considerably different and few species can really adapt. Nouristan valleys is up to 3000. Chitral , Laspur or Yarkhuns valleys are lower...

Cannabis has maybe adapted and acclimatiz, by the altitude and UV intensity plant has naturally shrinks and expands its leaves to compensate. Also more resin production to protect the plant. :)

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)
How much of potent smoke are those indicas you showing (...)

Salut DS, Yarkhun is not a potent stuff bro, medium i would say with a good combo physical and head relax (and not kill^^). But as always bit opposite potent pheno could appears but not usual!

My cross with X18 is degree potent above with complex fruity/vegetable tastes and heavier physical effects but good head high too.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)
Those "thin" looking Yarkhuns look more like the old NLD hashish landraces that Vavilov was describing rather than the more domesticated broad leaf afghanica subspecies found along the Chitral valley later on (former Kunar river valley), when Afghanistan took over the hashish industry after the fall of Turkestan and Yarkand reign.

Vibes.

Afghanica is not only a BLD, is also NLD according to the stage of grow! It's a F1 sati*indi! Afghanica is from Afghani oasis province hasch prod. where they breeded giant the indica to 5m by the cross with unknown sativa! Chitrali cultivars from the Kunar valley are not Afghanica alias indica giant, they are just indica pure, 3m max. True Kafiristanican (DC/X18) btw approx 1.5/2m max. ;)

Dog Star

Veteran
X18 looks very very interesting...,
those fat pistils and tight nugs have some special charm,eye candy for sure.

Thanx for answer Roms,so a X18 gives hard couchlock if i get proper??

Kafiristanica are plants that i dont have much experience with,they look so great on pics,
like Pit Bulls of Cannabis World,short compact,true indicas.

Kind regards Roms

conlarazon

Veteran
Hi Roms, i love this king of leaves ...you Pakik look very nice

Goog smoking

Regards from Chile

Salud por alla

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
X18 looks very very interesting...,
those fat pistils and tight nugs have some special charm,eye candy for sure.
Thanx for answer Roms,so a X18 gives hard couchlock if i get proper?? (...)

Yes X18 is far more potent imo, physically first but some good high specimens could be find too! It depends on terpenes i think, from my little experience with X18 i find that the fruity bubblegum ones are more THC head high and others apple/pear/vegetables ones are more CBD buzz narcotic. (?) Vibes DS

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes X18 is far more potent imo, physically first but some good high specimens could be find too! It depends on terpenes i think, from my little experience with X18 i find that the fruity bubblegum ones are more THC head high and others apple/pear/vegetables ones are more CBD buzz narcotic. (?) Vibes DS

Thanx man for precise and total answer,

appreciate a lot Roms :tiphat:

Kind regards,will stay tuned..

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Yah are welcome Dog Star, glad to educate as i can and try to understand things on the facts and independently or regardless of the current canna sciences skewed deductions theory. (imho)

Dog Star

Veteran
Yarkhoun flowers looks like there is some sativa implemented in that strain over time.

but a X18 is a plant that looks most indy visualy,good that you open this nice thread
about indicas,X18 and DC,maybe Sour Bubble from B.O.G. are genetics that good breeds
with everything and is good to have them around self for creating very cool crosses... ;)

Those Yarkhoun also sounds great as its a landrace,old good things need to be preserved
no matter that its not strongest weed there,your explains on Yarkhoun smells
get me interested a lot.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yarkhoun flowers looks like there is some sativa implemented in that strain over time.

I suggested Nepali genetics on page one.

I just looked through some old bud/top-photos of the Baglungs and i still think i see similarities.
..and Roms stated that some of the aromas could match as well. But who knows.
Check out our posts and few pics on page one.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Cool, pas très courant la Côte d'Ivoire comme cultivar auprès de notre landrace worldwide communauté, t'en as beaucoup?
Offtopic African mode on^^

En effet, extrement rare!

J'ai jamais entendu qui compte me parler de la cote d'ivoire. Si non probablement une douzaine, demi douzaine! J'ai probablement du en échanger au fil des année :(

T'aurais envis d'une petite selection? J'aurais p-e quel que landrace de madagascar aussi a y ajouté!

Si non je suis apres mon collègue de travaille pour qu'il m'obtienne quel que HP de ça tunisie natale!

A suivre :tiphat:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
(...)
but a X18 is a plant that looks most indy visualy,good that you open this nice thread
about indicas,X18 and DC,maybe Sour Bubble from B.O.G. are genetics that good breeds
with everything and is good to have them around self for creating very cool crosses... ;)
(...).

Ya thx bro, about SB it joins our projects i think, TonyG' told me word about your crosses and his idea to cross my Afrobubb with. If your are interested with the meet feel free to play with bro. :) Then cross the result with pure kafir or indi also sounds nice! Let's talk about the subject with pm. Kenav'

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
En effet, extrement rare!

J'ai jamais entendu qui compte me parler de la cote d'ivoire. Si non probablement une douzaine, demi douzaine! J'ai probablement du en échanger au fil des année :(

T'aurais envis d'une petite selection? J'aurais p-e quel que landrace de madagascar aussi a y ajouté!

Si non je suis apres mon collègue de travaille pour qu'il m'obtienne quel que HP de ça tunisie natale!

A suivre :tiphat:

La CDI ne me branche pas spécialement mais conserve les bien, si j'entend parler d'un autre seuil de conservation je te ferai signe! Par contre la Malagasy là ça m'intéresse à block mec, j'en ai peu et je compte en faire mon 4ème pilarbuildinblock avec les Mazar/Swazi/Pakik. Merci trugarez bro! :)