What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

yaxu

Veteran
Mama thai #3 flores de espigas,con colores purpuras,aunque en la foto no se note mucho jeje me llama mucha la atención a que no huela a nada ��

Más fotos..

Saludos.

romanoweed

W

Water-

looks like Thai tanic. Thai X Skunk

seedsman got their hands on some of Sams stock, like flying dutchman

romanoweed

to Water- but it is said to be Kind of a cross of Skunk and Thai, wich doesent interfere with what Mustafunk stated , that he heard it is Kind of a OregonPurpleThai . And i also thik this is near to the Truth (OregonPurpleThai) cause of the Kind of Purple/Little Pink you see in it. Not that pure Thais cant get purple but(i believe) but the exat Overall look is very similar to OregonPurpleThai. But i still dont know, i only guess. Only that this looks moore Landraceish, probably there is more Procent of Thai in it, but no idea. And it doesent look sooo much like Flying dutchmens Thai tanic.

Pics not fom me of Mama Thai(only the nice ones):
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

W

Water-

yeah, its purple so it must be Oregon Purple Thai that Dj used decades ago.

makes perfect sense.

;)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
yeah, its purple so it must be Oregon Purple Thai that Dj used decades ago.

Oregon Purple Thai was a Oaxacan/Chocolate Thai hybrid... but anyway there is no reason to believe this could be somehow related to DJ Short's lines. The info on Mamma Thai being Chocolate Thai used to be in a description somewhere.

I'm more inclined to think that Seedsman sourced their thai from Eddie from TFD, just like many other of the genetics from Cultivator's Choice they used to sell in the past (Haze, Skunk, Haze/Skunk, Kerala/Haze and so on). Could be related to the Early Thai from Skunkman or Thai/Skunk indeed.

By the pictures it's pretty obvious the cultivar Yaxu and Truhan grew is different from the compact one at the other pictures.

W

Water-

I was just being sarcastic.

I dont know what it is, but if its good thats all that really matters i suppose.

Im might pop a couple seeds and see what I get.

Night4wings20

Mama thai is very nice smoke. I don't have any photos but I recall the smoke to be very strong, tasting like dog poo/lemons. Very recommended strain

martian313

Mama Thai/Sam skunkman/Flying dutchman

Mama Thai/Sam skunkman/Flying dutchman

Hey there,

I grew these out when they were first released...must be at least 12 years ago now if not more ? I enjoyed them a lot, some were definitely indica (in a hybrid way) leaning, dark green medium fingered leaves, however variation in appearance and smell was very variable. Many complex smells of sweet vanilla, grapefruit, skunk, and unexplainbles. Other plants went 15-17 weeks - very fine leaved,lanky tall plants that stretched and stretched. All plants had a lovely up high, some more soaring than others though- some were definitely very thai leaning, up up up and with a super sweet, tobacco/choclatey/anise thing going on.

I always reckoned they were f2's of TFD's thai-tanic which is an F1 thai/skunk cross that comes from Sam the Skunkman's stock. Seedsman seemed to have a lot to do with FTD/Skunkman in SM's early days. F2's would certainly explain a lot of the variation. I thought Thai-Tanic was an incredible cross, uniform and pretty much authentic thai in effect and stature -a long flowering plant for sure, but a much manageable version of their discontinued pure thai.

Not had seedsman for a while but always rated them as good priced gear with excellent if variable genetics from solid sources.