What's new

AN PH Perfect experiences?

T

TREE KING

Tree, we're here to help people like you so what don't you understand? Do you not know how to click on the link that I posted? I assume you know how to read, is the info on the labels over your head? You do know what a chelate is and why some elements are always chelated, right?

you never posted a link lol once again your just making shit up. stop misinforming people

Sensibowl

Um, Tree King, Homebrewer did post that Advanced Nutrients link. Let's not argue about something that's really inconsequential...LOL

The information is out there! LOL Twice!

catalyte

Veteran
the stuff is a great rock solid base nutrient system.

the Sensi A&B line is not even that expensive... produces great harvests... tons of people have done VERY well with it on here...

T

TREE KING

Um, Tree King, Homebrewer did post that Advanced Nutrients link. Let's not argue about something that's really inconsequential...LOL

The information is out there! LOL Twice!

i know i saw that link but it doesnt back up what he said. this dudes just makin shit up again cause he hates on AN ive been using the ph perfect for a couple days now and it does keep the ph around 5.8-6.3 constantly its not just about the nutes being chelated and forced through the roots at any ph level. additives arent a problem to use like he said they are

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
i know i saw that link but it doesnt back up what he said. this dudes just makin shit up again cause he hates on AN ive been using the ph perfect for a couple days now and it does keep the ph around 5.8-6.3 constantly its not just about the nutes being chelated and forced through the roots at any ph level. additives arent a problem to use like he said they are

You are one dense individual, aren't you? :biggrin: I know you AN guys don't typically look past the razzle-dazzle labels on the front of the bottles but if by chance you happen to be looking at the guaranteed analysis on the back, you'll see all the elements are chelated (or you could just READ the link i supplied which already shows the back of the bottles).

Now if you don't think the chelation of the elements is important then I'm kind of scratching my head at the fact that you think it's special that a hydro food stays in the range of 5.8-6.3 with no adjusting. Every single hydro food that I've ever used has no issues staying within the range you outlined when used with RO water. I'm really starting to wonder what you've been doing wrong over there if your pH has been swinging out of that range. I'd suggest you keep throwing money at your problems until you're either out of money or out of problems ;).

T

TREE KING

You are one dense individual, aren't you? :biggrin: I know you AN guys don't typically look past the razzle-dazzle labels on the front of the bottles but if by chance you happen to be looking at the guaranteed analysis on the back, you'll see all the elements are chelated (or you could just READ the link i supplied which already shows the back of the bottles).

Now if you don't think the chelation of the elements is important then I'm kind of scratching my head at the fact that you think it's special that a hydro food stays in the range of 5.8-6.3 with no adjusting. Every single hydro food that I've ever used has no issues staying within the range you outlined when used with RO water. I'm really starting to wonder what you've been doing wrong over there if your pH has been swinging out of that range. I'd suggest you keep throwing money at your problems until you're either out of money or out of problems ;).

heres what he said

"AN's 'pH perfect' line isn't necessarily pH-stable, it's just that they've chelated all the elements to be available at a wider pH range. So in theory if your pH is 5.5 or close to 7, the elements should still be available to your plants. So what if your pH is at 6.5 in hydro and you're using one of their boosters which isn't chelated like their pH-perfect bases are? I'm pretty sure that booster is now useless."

thats right keep making shit up. i use tap water not ro and after i normally add my nutes my ph is usually around 7 before adding ph down. using ph perfect it automatically adjust the ph for me to the correct levels so i dont have to add ph down and you can use all additives without a problem. it being chelated had nothing to do what we were talkin about. you said all additives will be USELESS because it doesnt adjust the ph for you. as i said before this is false information and dont listen to a word this guy is talkin about.

Last edited:

Sensibowl

heres what he said

"AN's 'pH perfect' line isn't necessarily pH-stable, it's just that they've chelated all the elements to be available at a wider pH range. So in theory if your pH is 5.5 or close to 7, the elements should still be available to your plants. So what if your pH is at 6.5 in hydro and you're using one of their boosters which isn't chelated like their pH-perfect bases are? I'm pretty sure that booster is now useless."

thats right keep making shit up. i use tap water not ro and after i normally add my nutes my ph is usually around 7 before adding ph down. using ph perfect it automatically adjust the ph for me to the correct levels so i dont have to add ph down and you can use all additives without a problem. it being chelated had nothing to do what we were talkin about. you said all additives will be USELESS because it doesnt adjust the ph for you. as i said before this is false information and dont listen to a word this guy is talkin about.

Thanks for sharing this. This is valuable info to pass on.

blackone

Veteran
AN isn't exactly being precise in their communication either... On their website they're stating that it's the chelates making the nutes work at any PH, and at the same time posting a video demonstrating the PH buffering. Perhaps it uses both mechanisms? Anyway I'm flowering now and using it without PH control for both soil and dwc: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244267

T

TREE KING

AN isn't exactly being precise in their communication either... On their website they're stating that it's the chelates making the nutes work at any PH, and at the same time posting a video demonstrating the PH buffering. Perhaps it uses both mechanisms? Anyway I'm flowering now and using it without PH control for both soil and dwc: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244267

yup its both. i think the plants can also take in the nutes easier and faster when there chelated im not 100% sure though. the video also left out that even a week after you make a new res and top off multiple times the ph stays rock solid.

decrimCA

yup its both. i think the plants can also take in the nutes easier and faster when there chelated im not 100% sure though. the video also left out that even a week after you make a new res and top off multiple times the ph stays rock solid.

Tree King, great info, as always. Glad you cleared that up. I sort of figured that out on my own, but it's good to hear someone else say what I was thinking.

T

TREE KING

Tree King, great info, as always. Glad you cleared that up. I sort of figured that out on my own, but it's good to hear someone else say what I was thinking.

its all good. i would be careful using h202 with it though cause when i did it raised the ph higher than normal. im gonna try zone instead

T

TribalSeeds

Holy Shit! I just looked at the price of the PH perfect line! Thats a lot more money than just buying a RO filter, a nice PH meter and just using quality nutes without 50 additives in the res. I dont know what all the fuss is about!! Ive used RO and everything has been stable ever since. Tap water is no joke... there are some crazy swings.
I know its not much more per liter than most A/B's, but you really cant buy nutes by the liter. Look at the price of the 10-20 liters. Thats atleast 50-75% more than other nutes. If youre just buying it by the liter pay no attention to me, youre overpaying so much it doesnt really matter what you buy.

T

TREE KING

Holy Shit! I just looked at the price of the PH perfect line! Thats a lot more money than just buying a RO filter, a nice PH meter and just using quality nutes without 50 additives in the res. I dont know what all the fuss is about!! Ive used RO and everything has been stable ever since. Tap water is no joke... there are some crazy swings.
I know its not much more per liter than most A/B's, but you really cant buy nutes by the liter. Look at the price of the 10-20 liters. Thats atleast 50-75% more than other nutes. If youre just buying it by the liter pay no attention to me, youre overpaying so much it doesnt really matter what you buy.

tribal where are you coming up with this? 10 liters of a&b ph perfect is only $30 more than the regular a&b from advanced. $165 for 10 liters doesnt seem like alot of money at all. especially for never having to check your ph ever again plus everythings chelated plus you get humic, fulvic, and aminos mixed in. plus you save money on ph meters. plus you save money when your meter finally breaks and your plants get fucked up . if you have alot of reses checkin the ph daily can be a fuckin bitch. and what about going outta town? no ph doser needed, ph perfect just made my life alot easier all i need is tds meters.

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran

I think AN users think that money buys results when in reality they're just being taken advantage of.

B

BrnCow

I think some people just hate AN and if they included a blow job machine with every gallon, would still complain about it not sucking hard enough....

T

TribalSeeds

tribal where are you coming up with this? 10 liters of a&b ph perfect is only $30 more than the regular a&b from advanced. $165 for 10 liters doesnt seem like alot of money at all. especially for never having to check your ph ever again plus everythings chelated plus you get humic, fulvic, and aminos mixed in. plus you save money on ph meters. plus you save money when your meter finally breaks and your plants get fucked up . if you have alot of reses checkin the ph daily can be a fuckin bitch. and what about going outta town? no ph doser needed, ph perfect just made my life alot easier all i need is tds meters.

You also get humics and such in most base nutes cause they want their stuff to work, its just not marketed like with AN.
I can leave my res for a week without checking the PH, there is no need. I just dont use PH perfect. Im sure I could leave it alone longer, but its only 30 gal. My roots are not in the res and I dont recirculate, but Ive used tap with nutes and its a headache. Now I dont even deal with runoff and Im lovin it.
I pay $100 for 10L of Flakes A&B and feel like Im being ripped off. Im probably going down to the cocos next, but flakes is so clean that I might not be able to switch. If you think $165 is nothing for nutes you must be killing it. Im not saying thats a bad thing, Im just saying thats a huge amount of money in the long run. Some people dont even spend the the total of the difference on an entire run and get better results than I ever will.

T

TribalSeeds

I think some people just hate AN and if they included a blow job machine with every gallon, would still complain about it not sucking hard enough....

It totaly sucks hard enough bro. If you gotta check your PH everyday(without their "perfect" line) there is something wrong and its not worth a BJ. I didnt even own a bottle of PH +/- for a couple of runs and checked ph all the time. Now I only do it when I mix, and I might check it along with the temp at some point here and there. Theres just way too much shit to do without crazy PH swings.

station2

Who gives a shit really, haters everywhere, use what you use and quit crying and trying to outdo each other... yes I do use AN

"an opinion, is a word between ignorance and knowledge" -SLAUGHTERHOUSE