What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing QWISO with vegetable glycerin...

S-V-K

Hi,
I have made some QWISO and as you know it's sticky and impossible to work with :mad:

I have tryed to mix 0.5ml with 40% vodka(8ml) = oil stayed at the bottom of the small flask completely isolated(something like oil in water).

My second attempt is to add Vegetable glycerin to qwiso = I want to brake something-it(qwiso) bloody floats on top of glycerine all fuucking day(I have it on hot plate-low temperature).

What I have done: 0.5ml of qwiso heated up and then I have added 25ml of glycerin.After 6 hours(stering sometime) I have added Isopropanol = nothing happend it's still same(little bit darker).

Whole weekend gone and no results what so ever :-(
I'm not going to be heating oil before rolling joint or anything like that I just need to get that tar diluted :)

Please please please can somebody help me out ?
Thank you very much

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might try heating the vodka to boiling temperature first. That works with 190 proof, but I haven't tried with 80 proof.

In my own personal experience, the QWISO won't mix with the glycerine completely.

L

LouDog420

I couldn't get QWISO to mix with glycerin either...

Heated at 250F and stirred for 10-15 min... Never mixed.

Try some coconut oil, shit works wonders, and mixes easy peazy ;)

S-V-K

You might try heating the vodka to boiling temperature first. That works with 190 proof, but I haven't tried with 80 proof.

In my own personal experience, the QWISO won't mix with the glycerine completely.

Many thanks mate :)

Colour of the glycerin is light brown after 7 hours of heating.
Unfortunatelly we can't buy 190proof grain alc in uk.

I'm going to test that vodka-what ratio would you recommend ?

Thank you very much

S-V-K

I couldn't get QWISO to mix with glycerin either...

Heated at 250F and stirred for 10-15 min... Never mixed.

Try some coconut oil, shit works wonders, and mixes easy peazy ;)

I have coconut oil ready.
What sort of dillution ratio should I use ?
Can you smoke coconut oil ?

L

LouDog420

Nah, not for smoking. Ingestion, I figured that's what you were going for with the veggie glycerine.

If you want to smoke it, just smoke your QWISO after a good purge.

For ingestion, I use 1 gram of QWISO to 5mL of coconut oil.

Dose between 200-500mg QWISO depending on tolerance.

I played with it a little in my lounge here .... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4886655#post4886655

Will QWISO or a similar alcohol extraction mix with PEG-400 or PG?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't suppose ethanol would mix better. Personally, I can't stand iso.

Sadly no. Neither does BHO.

Glycerine does best when you extract with it, but concentration is severely limited.

The only way I've found to combine up to 50% or so, is with an homogenizer.

Will QWISO or a similar alcohol extraction mix with PEG-400 or PG?
Yes

I'm looking to get the Source Turbo Extractor for convenience -- is there a max amount of oil that I can put into suspension with Vegetable Glycerin vs. Propylene Glycol vs. Polyethylene Glycol?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking to get the Source Turbo Extractor for convenience -- is there a max amount of oil that I can put into suspension with Vegetable Glycerin vs. Propylene Glycol vs. Polyethylene Glycol?

Yes. PG and PEG hold more.

p0opstlnksal0t

Many thanks mate :)

Colour of the glycerin is light brown after 7 hours of heating.
Unfortunatelly we can't buy 190proof grain alc in uk.

I'm going to test that vodka-what ratio would you recommend ?

Thank you very much

A very cheap distillation kit could get you cranking out 190 from that vodka.

Yes. PG and PEG hold more.

I tried to make VG suspensions in a double boiler and it didn't work at all -- even at a zip of top grade per cup -- hence why I'm just making the jump and getting the Turbo Extracter by Source.

So now I just don't fully know the process of blending the extracted oils into the vape liquids. I got PEG-400.

Any tips??

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to make VG suspensions in a double boiler and it didn't work at all -- even at a zip of top grade per cup -- hence why I'm just making the jump and getting the Turbo Extracter by Source.

So now I just don't fully know the process of blending the extracted oils into the vape liquids. I got PEG-400.

Any tips??

Here is the archive for my old article on glycerin extraction:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150707125227/https://skunkpharmresearch.com:80/glycerin-extraction/

and for using a homogenizer:

https://web.archive.org/web/2015070...ifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice

To mix PG or PEG, you simply warm them up and blend them.

I haven't refined them, because i don't use it, but I'm sure someone here can share ratios.

Latest posts

Latest posts