What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dealing with impatience during first grow?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
what do you guys do to stop yourself from peaking and poking at seedlings and vegging plants all day?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just remeber that there is a such thing as loving them to death bro...let them do their thing anf before you know they will pop their heads out of the surface....have you ever noticed how slow a clock goes when you stare at it....:yeahthats
peace-T-

RipVanWeed

I'm only on my 3rd indoor run. I also suffer from impatience.
I have about a thousand pics of the 1st grow, 100 of the 2nd grow...now I hardly open the door. At first I would open the doors and just marvel at the magic.

Here let me show you

Those are my happy girls

Be sure to be prepared for the next run, this is where my energies need to be focused. I haven't got the timing down for the plants on deck to ready for immediate flowering. Always room for improvement, yeah take a gander at 'em, but then work on getting more proficient.

Good Luck with your grow, I'm having the best time with my garden.

Excuse me while I

Another thing, be ready

Respect,

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my grow is in the loft,and my lights go on overnight, and i have kids - so i am lucky if i get to see it every other day - sometimes for literally 5 minutes.

which means my plants get left alone to grow.

V.

what do you guys do to stop yourself from peaking and poking at seedlings and vegging plants all day?
icmag.com!
ive been building and rebuilding my grow rooms. pondering new setups, new genetics, seeds, breeding, cloning, nutes, res upkeep, and LST. keeps me occupied as i watch my plants grow.
the weeks are falling off the calendar now, my perpetual setup is nearly dialed. i spend about 5-60 minutes a day on it, mixing nutes/changing water, taking clones, transplanting clones, LST, bugwatch, checking and adjusting ph.

i do love to bask in the glory though, plants are growing daily and theres always something new to see.

These help too!
brownie.jpg

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran

It's funny how after years of growing it's still somewhat exciting to look at your plants each day (turns out watching plants grow is actually fun!) ;)

My lights-on period is during the night (7pm-7am), and I work during the day so it's not like i'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting til I can see them next.

Of course, you could try a hobby? I like to collect the arms and heads off the statues that have no arms or heads.

K

KermitTheHermit

When it's safe, I like to open up the cabinet, let my little tribe see what's happening in the outside world, groove to some cool tunes, maybe watch some tube!

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran

Wait till you get to flowering!

I am one my XXXth grow and i still just sit in there sometimes (it was easier when it was a not a little tent :joint:). Go on IC, Mix nutes, plan plan plan...

my life seems to be a cycle of many ~ 2 month segments.

The big question is, what would you do with all this time if you went growing??