What's new

Reliable auto-flowering

Do the modern strains that claim to be auto-flowering actually auto-flower? And finish within the promised time?

Some years back I tried several strains (including Sensi's Ruderalis Skunk) that were advertised as auto-flowering, and they didn't even begin to flower under our light conditions here at 61 degrees north. The plants grew, but it was all veg. None of them had even begun to flower before the September frost struck them down.

I figure I have maybe two and a half months to grow some pot outdoors. Some current strains are claimed to finish (from seed) within that time. Can the sellers be believed?

Which strains would you recommend?

Koondense

Veteran
True AF varieties behave like proper af and finish anytime between 10-15 total weeks. Of course depending on so called indi/sati ratio but most these days finish close to the advertised time, well tbh most need a week or two more.
My first picks would be La Buena Hierba(reg), Ace(fem), maybe Afterthought... popular seedbanks like dinafem, dutch passion, mephisto... who knows, i avoid the super commercial seedbanks and rather grow something from the underground breeders.

Cheers

Sorceror

I've found root space to be a big factor in auto veg times. When I run autos in DWC they can get quite big and run 2-3 weeks longer than when I plant them in soil in smaller containers (2-3 gal).

Latest posts

Latest posts