What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shishka's fresh start

Phases

How long are you planning on vegging for?

I am moving to new spot in Sept and was looking at maybe doing a sealed room I'll be watching close to see how you do. Been reading up on a bunch of threads with sealed rooms.

Can't wait to get more space either!

Those buds are looking nice and chunky!!

Robney

Thanks, I'm gonna wait a little on the co2 for now. Even when I'm ready I wonder if I should get an RO water filter or the co2 generator. I see guys that use ro filter have to add cal mag back in. If I'm at 360 ppm from the tap, whats the benefit in having to use more bottles? At least I know for a fact the co2 will help.

I can't really speak to it, but I think if you're running hydro/coco I'd be more concerned about the quality of water going in, soil I think you can get away with more. So maybe the ro filter? But your plants always look great, so I think you'd benefit more from getting the co2 together. But then again I don't know much!

Also, I see you put the ac inside the tent, are you gonna connect it to a controller or something as to manage temp and maintain co2 levels? Like an on off cycle or something?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I struggled with this concept too. I came to the conclusion that the CalMag add back is more in balance. Its also lower in PPM than my tap water. The RO gets rid of almost everything, then it is added back at the proportion needed for the plants. Plus it gets rid of chlorine, sulfur, and other nasty crap in the water.

Its making sense now. I have this weird situation where my plants that want a lower ec than my tap water have to get plain water for a little bit. My main focus at this point is NOT over fertilizing.

I would go with the Co2 genny myself. Do you know roughly what your water pressure is? Cause if you don't have enough pressure, your gonna have to get a booster pump(for a RO system) . Being in a city, I think you'll have enough pressure, but it never hurts to know ahead of time before buying something.

Your water is plenty workable at 360 ppm's. Remember that 5k grow, I always talk about, that I used to run. The water coming out of the tap there was between 550-650 ppm depending on the time of year. I made it work, even running ebb and flow hydro tables, lol. Although the dirt section there always did better.

You have a point. Even with all the extra nutes the plants were ok, but I feel like the limiting factor is water due to the reverse osmotic pressure of an overferted medium. I feel like theres prolly good co2 levels within the city blocks. I guess I could always try a less expensive ro filter and a co2 bucket, but I think of the co2 as a photosynthesis multiplier so I wanna get everything else within tolerance first...I think, lmao.

Looking good, and lol that amount of nutrition and I would never have any need to go to the shop again :p

Yep, the powdered nutes alone would last forever.

How long are you planning on vegging for?

I am moving to new spot in Sept and was looking at maybe doing a sealed room I'll be watching close to see how you do. Been reading up on a bunch of threads with sealed rooms.

Can't wait to get more space either!

Those buds are looking nice and chunky!!

Veg period is determined by my rotation schedule which is determined by the flowering period. Since I have a separate veg and flower space and my cultivar is 9 weeks, I have 9 weeks to veg.

Cuts go in the aero for 3 weeks. Then they go into 4" square pots for a little while, to 2 gals for the rest of veg. Finally they get dropped into 5 gals of coco and put into flowering for 9 weeks.

I can't really speak to it, but I think if you're running hydro/coco I'd be more concerned about the quality of water going in, soil I think you can get away with more. So maybe the ro filter? But your plants always look great, so I think you'd benefit more from getting the co2 together. But then again I don't know much!

Also, I see you put the ac inside the tent, are you gonna connect it to a controller or something as to manage temp and maintain co2 levels? Like an on off cycle or something?

The ac has a thermostat and a automatic regulator where I can set the ac at down to 60 deg and it will just maintain that temp.I set it to 79 and it comes out pretty much always 75 in the tent. I just have to use the humidifier to add some moisture. Its still not optimal but way better than the 20-40% rh I was getting the old way.

I wanna say the main thing that I was worried about with this set up is the passive exhaust just leaking out from the bottom of the tent but it seems to be working way better than before. So far I'm really feeling good about this way.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Im almost postive its a mag lockout due to over fertilizing which lowered the ph below the tolerable limits.

I went back and re flushed everything with phe'ed tap water, no nutes at all.

I got a pretty sick shot of the sd rooting in the aerocloner too.

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Took another trip to the hydro store today. I saw an ro 75 gpd for 129 I wanted to pick up but they dont stock it because there have been some issues with its performance.

I was like 39 bucks from the full 150gpd stealth ro, so I got the small boy that can be upgraded with the membrane at a later date. If I can get the ppms down under 100 Ill be happy.

Robney

The ac has a thermostat and a automatic regulator where I can set the ac at down to 60 deg and it will just maintain that temp.I set it to 79 and it comes out pretty much always 75 in the tent. I just have to use the humidifier to add some moisture. Its still not optimal but way better than the 20-40% rh I was getting the old way.

I wanna say the main thing that I was worried about with this set up is the passive exhaust just leaking out from the bottom of the tent but it seems to be working way better than before. So far I'm really feeling good about this way.

If the AC is taking warm air from the room and pushing cold air into the tent, won't it displace the co2 rich air already in the tent? Isn't a lung room necessary for that kind of set up?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
If the AC is taking warm air from the room and pushing cold air into the tent, won't it displace the co2 rich air already in the tent? Isn't a lung room necessary for that kind of set up?

Good question, all I can say is I dont know just yet, but I was thinking about putting the C02 in the bedroom next to the ac intake. For now tho I am jsut gonna get this water under control.

I went and picked up some technaflora magical and another trelis netting.

Found a fitting that made the small boy filter install under the sink but it deffo need the ro upgrade since theres no change in ppms. I was thinking maybe there were some metals I could filter out but...

I noticed the temps were a few degrees higher than before so I took the ac apart and cleaned out all the dust that was clogging the system.

Day one for the first group if 5 gals in the new set up. I might just throw one more in to fill up the canopy.

picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Tell me how I cleaned out the ac and its back to functioning normally again. Since I was back there empting the drip tray, I said "I wo der what the ppms of the ac water would be".

97 ppms.

Thinking again...

Robney

Good question, all I can say is I dont know just yet, but I was thinking about putting the C02 in the bedroom next to the ac intake. For now tho I am jsut gonna get this water under control.

I was thinking about that, maybe a co2 burner in front of the AC. I was trying to do a sealed room, but I couldn't keep the temps in check. I had though about a timer system, cuz I don't wanna spring on a controller ($$$) and I don't think my space is sealed enough to warrant trying to maintain a constant 1200 ppm (I'd assume I'd lose a lot of co2 through leaking and the controller would just leave the co2 on most of the day). When I get it all sorted I'll link all the stuff I use in case a similar path is of interest to you. Also how's the sdxn91 turn out? What does she smoke like?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Spoke to the hydro store guy but they cant order the ro unit until I put a deposit on it. So I gotta go all the way out there to order it and back again to pick it up.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I was thinking about that, maybe a co2 burner in front of the AC. I was trying to do a sealed room, but I couldn't keep the temps in check. I had though about a timer system, cuz I don't wanna spring on a controller ($$$) and I don't think my space is sealed enough to warrant trying to maintain a constant 1200 ppm (I'd assume I'd lose a lot of co2 through leaking and the controller would just leave the co2 on most of the day). When I get it all sorted I'll link all the stuff I use in case a similar path is of interest to you. Also how's the sdxn91 turn out? What does she smoke like?

Deffo keep me posted on that. Im interested in different design setups. I might be able to pick something up.

The sd x n91 is very gassy and strong smelling. Super sleepy diesel. It takes after its mom for the most part but with more density and bag appeal.

I have one at about 3.5 weeks to show.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
The water from a dehumidifier is the same man. Mine was testing at like 20 ppms. That SD x N91 is looking sweet man. No tip burn at all, and plants are the spitting image of health. Keep up the good work bro!!

Robney

Deffo keep me posted on that. Im interested in different design setups. I might be able to pick something up.

The sd x n91 is very gassy and strong smelling. Super sleepy diesel. It takes after its mom for the most part but with more density and bag appeal.

I have one at about 3.5 weeks to show.

View Image

View Image

View Image

I've never thought sour to be sleepy, is the n91 some sleepy bud? And I gotta second DTOG, those babies look happy as hell

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Smashing it!

I've never thought sour to be sleepy, is the n91 some sleepy bud? And I gotta second DTOG, those babies look happy as hell

I do get knocked out easily but I dont think thats it. The sd is hella afghanica stoney. That came through from mom.

The n91 is potent too but more on the green crack/skunky side, imo. Its smelland taste is where its at with that one. Orange creme spice diesel.

N91
picture.php

Sd
picture.php

Gc S1 #2
picture.php

Chem 4 a little hungry
picture.php

Robney

I do get knocked out easily but I dont think thats it. The sd is hella afghanica stoney. That came through from mom.

The n91 is potent too but more on the green crack/skunky side, imo. Its smelland taste is where its at with that one. Orange creme spice diesel.

N91
View Image

Sd
View Image

Gc S1 #2
View Image

Chem 4 a little hungry
View Image

Is that the RP sour? Cuz I would love to find a sleepy sour. and that description of the n91 sounds too killer, would love to try that too. Were most of the n91 of that taste profile? They're all looking real real nice shishka

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Smashing it!

The water from a dehumidifier is the same man. Mine was testing at like 20 ppms. That SD x N91 is looking sweet man. No tip burn at all, and plants are the spitting image of health. Keep up the good work bro!!

Ive been having trouble keeping the temps under control. I tried the window ac vs the portable and just cant get the portable to work efficiently in this set up. With the portable a good portion of the room air goes right out the ac hot air exhaust, so if I want to add humidity or co2 I would be wasting alot of it.

I ended up going back to a vented tent set up but the rh went way down again. On top of that I still couldnt get the temps down under 85. With that in mind I see the sealed way is deffo better but I was missing the ducting on the intake to take cold air from outside, run it through the cool tubes and dump it out the window. This was the exact thing I needed.

The other way I was using the 75 degree air from the room to cool the lights and just adding to the room temp by dumping the hot air into the "lung room".

Now its cold air going through the lights and not so hot air going out the window. Air conditioned air coming in to the lung room and negative pressure in the tent, bingo.

picture.php

Purchased the r/o machine and it should be here by Wednesday. I also picked up some micorizzae and some aluminum tape so I don't vent any stinky air out the window.

Last I checked it was 77 in the shade and 82 in the light. The other way my lights off temp was 75. The cold air on the intake has brought it down at least 10 degrees. Im pretty sure I can handle co2 now.

I dont think I will keep any of the gc s1's but the smoke test will determine if one stays. The super fast one is taking a little longer than last time and the gg4 x n91's is looking like a better variety.

Just got the sfv og in house so I get to use my plant label that says OG kush again. I wonder how close this one will be to the ghost og I had.

Ill deffo let it be known.

Got a little bit of some Face off og a few days back. Deffo not outdoor and it said face off so Im pretty sure this guy knew what he had.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Made some chinese food last night. Might as well post a gratuitous pic.

picture.php