What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$20,000 Clone

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Clones are either a gift, or about €3 per Clone for a tray full.

Anything else is robbery, especially with something like GG4 which was gifted by good people with the wish that it spread far and wide, without the greed..

Any fools with 20k burning a hole in their pockets are of course welcome to my elite cut of turbobuttfucker7.

That's about what I sell full trays of 72 cuts for, $350, or $5 each clone. Then usually the ones that get whole trays, I give them my extra six packs here and there for free all spring and early summer.

Then my buddies that start indoor grows, get all their start-up plants and seeds for free. That includes Glue, GSC, and all the other "elites" that I have.

B

Baron Greenback

I might be misunderstanding this but it sounds like people are willing to pay a lot for a random bag seed clone that could be anything (I imagine that the likes of GG4 could be called something else in another part of the world if a similar random bag seed was also found).
Maybe a better buy would be a landrace cutting, this might open all sorts of options - breeding, astonishing weed no-one else has and so on.
Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here :)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I heard a 10K for a GG #4. We all know The Man aint selling it.

Yeah as Chaos said, that's pretty ridiculous knowing the cut was meant to be spread freely around the community. Still when something gets lots of hype, many people tend to speculate and look for quick buck. I've hear about people offering crazy money for cuts though, obviously those who have commercial interest are simply making a bussiness investment in a trendy clone.

On the other hand, many times trendy elites are dissapointing as well. Then you understand they were selected by someone else, whose personal taste and criteria for quality weed may differ from yours.

Last edited:
C

Cep

I remember when GG4 cuts were being sold for 1-3k. In pdx there is a dawg walker cut valued around 3-5k because of high test results and rarity.

I'd pay 1-2 grand for the older sensi star cut that I had 5 years ago, before paradise seeds started releasing something different and watered down. Some might not consider it an elite or whatever but people would say "wow" or "oh my god" when they'd open bags of it. The smell was out of this world.

Z

z-ro

Would I pay, no. Would I charge, yes, but only if they're taking it to boom town where they'll be growing many lights and selling for 4k a unit.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a single cut?
no
i could understand paying for a tray of rooted cuts, especially if its going to fill your grow.

The question is relative to who is answering it.

Would a closet grower pay 20k for a cut? Probably not.

Would a dispensary owner with 6 shops selling medical and rec. pay 20k for the right cut? Yes sir.

When you can do 30k(or more) per day in sales out of one rec. shop why not? It's just another thing to invest in.

I would just buy 20k in seeds, and search, search, search. :)

Big-Narstie

Would a dispensary owner with 6 shops selling medical and rec. pay 20k for the right cut? Yes sir.

When you can do 30k(or more) per day in sales out of one rec. shop why not? It's just another thing to invest in.

Yes that'll be hella fun but it would cost u more than 20g to grow em all out plus takes yrs and GG#2050 would be out by then so what a waste of time.. Na sometimes life can be bloody good😘

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I remember when GG4 cuts were being sold for 1-3k. In pdx there is a dawg walker cut valued around 3-5k because of high test results and rarity.

I'd pay 1-2 grand for the older sensi star cut that I had 5 years ago, before paradise seeds started releasing something different and watered down. Some might not consider it an elite or whatever but people would say "wow" or "oh my god" when they'd open bags of it. The smell was out of this world.

This thread is bringing back all kind of memories. ... that sensi star was another one of... the cut that was flying around here was one of the strongest indicas ever... think it came from the midwest somewhere. ....
Funny u mention dog walker.... just heard about that one recently. .. really goin for them tickets??? Is it chemD albert walker i think i was told??? Lookin foward to try some soon..

Yes that'll be hella fun but it would cost u more than 20g to grow em all out plus takes yrs and GG#2050 would be out by then so what a waste of time.. Na sometimes life can be bloody good😘

I don't know if I get your point.

I have GG#4, and it's not as good as the hype. I have had plants from seed packs that blew it away in many aspects. It is solid, but not the holy grail.

Popping seeds can get you all sorts of things.

If you want to talk clone only's I have GSC(forum cut), Krome's The White, Chocolate Thai, Fire OG, Diablo Og, Mars OG, GG#4, etc... They are all good in their own ways, but my best came from a pack of Rez's SSSDH back in 2010. Hands down better than anything I have grown since.

Potency wise I had an S1 seed out of 10 of Cheese from 2010 that was ungodly potent. It would knock your dick in the dirt. It looked like shit, had no frost, but god damn it was strong! Way stronger than the glue, GSC, etc. No bag appeal though.

Lost all of this shit when I had to chop down due to security issues. :) Gotta love the game.

20k in seeds could be popped and sorted quicker than you think. At least in a larger grow.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
20 Grand in seeds at $100 a 10 pack would give a person 200 packs of seeds.

If you can't find at least two plants worth working with in that number then make more. Actually... If you buy 200 packs of F1s you should probably make a shit load of F2s and search through them. That's where the real unique combos show themselves anyway.

Then again... Not many F1s these days are real F1s (bred from stabilized parents) so ya really never know what your going to get.

$5-10 a clone is reasonable...
And I don't see the point in buying multiples of each when cloning is such a simple process. Guess it spreads the $$$ around so not necessarily a bad thing tho.

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
My boy gets packs of dawg walker from the pnw sent out east.
I wouldn't think it was worth so much from trying it.
It's decent stuff, I like her oil better.
I'm sure he's paying 3+ per, but that's still a steal out here.

B

bigganjabud

Have you tryed the critical sensi star from delicious?
Not bad at alll!!!!!

Fwiw id never pay 20,000 for anything in one go

I would however stick to my guns and say im not doing anymore cuts from unknown sources (thats just askin for trouble)

Seeds are fun to pop and if i find any "one offs" then im just glad that some of you "£20,000ers" are out there

Now who wants a cut of my

Super sour ball bag cookie sweat monkey stomper pengleberry haze?

Il start the bidding at £11,000

420cloud

Topic is so off 20 thansand dollar clone , Yeah really who you trying to trick ?

St. Phatty

What seeds would you get ? :woohoo:

What seeds would you get ? :woohoo:

Great question. I haven't looked at seeds in about a year. I am getting ready to pop some more SSSDH from original REz stock. I have a lot of old stuff that I am going to go through. I always found keepers so no reason to buy anything new. Although I do have some bodhi stuff I could go through as well.

A

acridlab

^^ got any photos of your chocolate. Thai??? Been on that mission n all the east coast heads say it's no longer with us... Would b awesome if u guys kept her alive..

Organikz

I wouldnt pay $ 20,000 for anything. Its wayy more stuff under the radar that can compete with the best of the best. You just got to find it