What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow : Test growers needed ("free" pro. breeders genetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I appologize TG

You are correct. It's just not for me, that's alot of work whether you look at as work or not

I do have some excellent beans to play with right now. The space requirement for selecting mothers from a bunch of seeds is a bitch though. Top choices for the process right now is maybe Blueberry Haze, Sour Diesel, Grape Punch, Lifesaver, Sweet Dirty Widow, Some mystery strain I brought back from Hawaii, Blue Tooth, hell I can't decide. I wish I could just max out, grow out and sex everything I have for selective mothers and males but I live in an oppressive country and must ply my passion in secrecy.

Again, sorry for my comments TG

Texas Kid

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
just a little story to go along with this thread. My college buddy moved here from oregon and he had very good connections with growers back home. He decided to have one of his buddies ship him a bag, not a pound, not a ounce, but a quarter ounce of bud, vaccum sealed. No return address either. Well he waited for 2 weeks and a man knocked on the door, the mailman. He had my friend sign for the package and then placed him under arrest. The moral of the story is it is too risky. How they found out, we have no clue, and the friend out west heard nothing about it from his local PD, so he didnt' get busted. ? Can you mail clones up there, safely?

If we want quality genetics, we purchase them, we grow them ourselves, and I suggest that you do the same. Who knows you? How do we know that your seeds are what you say they are? Are you a scammer, crook, or even a cop? We don’t know you. Build a reputation, make some friends, learn something, and/or teach something. Get involved with this community, and you will reap the benefits of membership. If you want an experienced grower to test your seeds, my advice would be to learn to do the job yourself, and believe me; it’s much more rewarding than getting a ¼ and a clone in the post/mail. If you don’t have the time now, wait till you do. There is obviously something more important in your life to do than grow weed, so there is your answer, do that instead. I have a passion for growing weed, I have modified my job, my personal life and even my house so that I can enjoy the things I like to do. Furthermore, nothing personal to you or any member here, but in this business I like to keep my friends and mentors as digital as possible.

Forfingoz

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
uhh... tg.... uhm, no hate br0... just too much risk. and btw, i don't trade cloans or seeds online. gn and bog are trusted with my safe addy and thats it. too much r i s k for me... no hate toward you ~

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
just a suggestion tg

just a suggestion tg

why not save your seeds and when you get back to canada just swap a few of them for a good clone in the trading thread...

that way you'll still have all of those genetics in hand to tinker with while you grow out whatever strain it is you aquire in the trade

in tg's defense, he is in canada and i think that it's safe to assume that the responses that he's gotten so far in this thread have been primarily from growers in the states (with the exception of dutchgrown, who is an american in holland so she probably still carries the american mentality of self preservational skeptisism, especially with the ordeal she she experienced earlier this year) so the responses are understandable but this might be a viable deal in canada. i wouldnt do it even if i lived there but then again i have enough beans to last me a few years woth of growing

tg: you have to understand the mentality of american growers.

we are fearful for our very lives as a life sentence is not out of the question. more commonly though mandatory minimum sentenses of 5-10 years are a very scary reality. though not legal in canada, our hobby is a bit more tolerated than here in " the land of the free" i like to think that these days "the home of the brave" is a much more appropriate moniker for those of us engaged in this struggle who risk everything for the love of this plant
the fact that you are unknown on this board only compounds the issue
take little friendly advise save your beans and aquire clone genetics upon your return so you'll have something to work while you go through the process of germination, vegging, and selection

hell, for that matter i'm sure there is a kind hearted canadien grower that would pprobably be willing to donate a cut to your cause if you ask nice enough, i would send you a free cut but i'm in the states and i just doubt that it would make( and i personally wouldnt want to jepordize your secutity by trying to send one over an international border). the good thing about doing it this way would be that you wouldnt be asking anyone to take so high a risk as a clone could be mailed to your safe addy anonymously, AND OF COURSE YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR BEANS:D

Last edited:

fuzzybudz

You're f***ing nuts.

You're f***ing nuts.

Look ... I know this makes perfect sense to you. You bought the seeds (cheaper F2's???) and think that is your contribution. You'll also pay for shipping. When you take into account all of the knowledge, skills, RISK and equipment needed for a grow don't you think that you're selling a really shady deal? I hope you're joking with this thread. It is obvious to everyone here so I'll try to make it obvious to you ... It would be much safer and smarter to buy those quality genetics(just like you did) grow them out myself and keep everything. No risk of sending clones/bud thru the mail. The worst part about this is that you think someone will trust you to know about their grow. ... I got a better idea. YOU grow the buds and send me some. I'll even toss you some quality genetics to do it with.

-Fuzzy

Re: Test grow : Test growers needed ("free" pro. breeders genetics)

TGneeded said:

-Number of successful grow presented (must have at least one)

-Quality of grow report(s) (must have at least one)

-Must have in hands a digital camera

-Quality of pictures (must have at least one grow report with pictures)

-Quality of writing/language (mainly descriptions)

-Number of posts in a given internet forum

-Help brought in a given forum

-General/average temperament/mood

-Indoor space and knowledge of indoor culture/growing

-Quality of owned equipment

-Capacity to make and keep a Bonsai mother

-Love of the plant / love of plants and horticulture in general

anyone who has this equiptment/room/knowledge and everything else that goes along with growing doesnt NEED "top quality genetics" like you are offereing.

anyone that has that shit prolly has some moms, has clones, has favorite strains, and prolly have a drawer full of beans.. look at this from out point of view.. but to each their own. have fun

G

im a bit lost???

im a bit lost???

as already stated by DG
"If so, why didn't you post under your original handle? Perhaps you wouldn't be treated as the 'unknown' that you presently are."

why TG did you make a new screenname regestered this month to offer this deal?? that makes NO sense what-so-ever
:confused:
if you do(i personally dont think you do)have a screenname reg'ed from the early days of this site why not ask under that name which would surely have freinds/contacts on here to make this "generous " :p offer to in pm (a lot less dodgy looking)

i live in the UK and people mail bud/seeds/clones here and around europe and the rest of the world all the time BUT to people we KNOW !!
and asking for money up front (no matter how small an amount) sounds like a scam to me!

i mean think about it you are asking people to mail you money and give you there addy?? =stoopid
so come on post up with you're "other" screenname ...........no?..................hello............anyone there..................oh well seems hes gone:rolleyes:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
...I would be very wary about sharing your contact details with this entity...

...he/she keeps quoting my name in regards to this scheme.....and that sets warning bells off........I have no idea who it is....

Aquaman2112

I was going to say I do not see the harm in the offer! But like many people here I am scared to give out my Address to even people I have spoken with for long times "online that is " SD and DR Chronic have offsite only link to me is my brother who does not smoke but got a po box for me! SAtill I am leary on giving out the address even with that in place. I know that during harvest times I would give away a quarter O for a freind in need. if wolfshadow ask me to mail him a q/O I would in a heart beat! along w/ Tropical and others on OG that I am used to reading from, learning from, or if they are just helpful people Hell I would give BOG a Quarter but he has more weed than I am sure! Everyone here acts like you have nothing to loose but someone coulsd get your beans then say F___k You! I hope you well on your hunt. as long as you are not LEO.

Aquaman2112

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
IC Magazine Is NOT Responsible

IC Magazine Is NOT Responsible

Greetings all, please be advised that if you agree to such an offer, realize that International Cannagraphic Magazine, IC Magazine Limited, nor the staff accept any responsibility for any trouble you get yourself into by giving out your name and address over the internet.

I do not recommend this. I would not participate in such a plan, as I would consider it a scam to do someone else's work, and get no credit for it, as well as have to absorb the costs!!!

Some people are very creatively convincing, and can get you to do somethings that you shouldn't be doing.

Read between the lines of any offer, and accept responsibility for what YOU as an individual do...that's my advice.

This guy's story just doesn't add up, does it?

Anyone interested in having this thread closed? Please PM payaso.

Thanks, and BE CARERFUL!!!

"The owls are not what they seem to be..."

G-D

Stupid Shit

Stupid Shit

Hey TG
Can I send you a Pound Of the cured product when I'm dun?:confused:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Thread Closed

Thread Closed

Due to an overwhelming vote, with no one asking to keep this thread open, I have now closed it.

If you want a reason plase read the post above from myself, and consider all the warnings that every one has posted.

If IC Mag forum members choose to be involved in this type of activity, then they are on their own and we accept no responsibility for whatever happens.

Peace to all,
Chris/Payaso
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.