What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Migraine MJ: The New Search For The Holy Grail...

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I suffer from classic migraines, tension migraines, and cluster headaches. It just sucks dick. No two ways about it. I have maybe three days a month without a headache, so you can imagine my desire to find that "Holy Grail" of strains that is a silver bullet remedy.

Has anyone got any serious research and/or recommendations on this puzzler of a puzzle?

Thread is definitely good to go for a lot of opinions.

I feel for you. I have not had a migrane in 15 years and maybe only 2 in the last 30. Before that, I had maybe 4-6 a year, but it was the most painful and debilitating experince imangineable. The only thing I would feel was excrutiating pain for 5-6 hours, then I'd vomit and finally fall asleep. One time I slept for 24 hours.

I have no scientific evidence, but when I started smoking good columbian, they eventually went away. Stress may have played a part.

One time I remember a friend's brother came up to hunt with us. He grew killer, premo Hawiaan. I could feel the onset of a migrane, the last one I've had. He gave me a couple of one hits, more than enough to get messed up. The migrane disappeared immediately.

From what I know now it was a heavy Indica type. Smoke a big fat one and you'd melt into your chair b4 you're half done.

G

I feel for ya too. I used to have those headaches daily for over 10 yrs.
Pot never did anything. What really helped was sleeping without a pillow and chiropractic treatments with massage. Also exercising the shoulder area with weight training. It's related to stress hiting you in the neck at the base of the skull and causing a muscle spasm.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Thanks for the input. I'll be reading up on the links tonight after I get done working and hanging a harvest out to dry...

Any other thoughts??? Strains???

DrJay2001

now at peace
Hey MPD, hate those headaches. I used to have about 3-5/year and know the drill at the ER. You know, they turn the lights out for you, give you the bucket, and shoot your butt full of Compazine and Toradol.

Imitrex didn't work for me but potent Sativa's like Train Wreck will stop a migraine literally in seconds. These past three years I use cannabis just about daily and haven't had a single migraine.

Migraine is caused by a vascular spasm that is related to a burst of neuronal activity. Cannabis relaxes the blood vessels.

Yours,
Dr. jay

coriander

Wet Lettuce
Keep it green perhaps....

Keep it green perhaps....

On this specifically Cannabis related website I honestly think that true stoners wouldn't want to fuck with some semi-effective herbz, that lack potency- not when ya suffer 'aches like me an MPD. On that note MPD, I've found that some strains have a particular affinity with a particular individual, or visa/versa, an in my experience Cannabis is a particularly irrepressible medicine- no shit side effex an shit

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Hmm. That's the third time I've seen something about Trainwreck and I note those gnomes on the Third Floor in SF tout it, but that only serves a kind of backhanded compliment to the strain.

I'm going to start looking into it. I got some poundage to smoke and my med patients are happy they finally "got a connection" for free medicinal quality doobage.

Sounds like another good Navy deal.

Thanks again for taking the time to get me pointed in the next direction - hopefully riding on the " migraine silver bullet train".

Ganjafan

Migraine Relief

Migraine Relief

Hang in there,

I have suffered from migraines and cluster headaches for 40 years and I can say personally that MJ has always reduced the severity of my symptoms. Just a couple of hits of some good indica (like BOG Lifesaver) is enough to eliminate the nausea and reduce the localized pain of cluster headaches. It also helps me to sleep during a protracted episode.

In fact, there are not many pain issues, which I have personally experienced (other than respiratory), which MJ doesn't improve.

Hope this helps,
Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts