What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those Biker's look real nice. If your after OG in seed, you found it. Speaking of cleaning, I just cleaned the glass on one of my 1000's about a week ago. What a difference! Been a min since I cleaned it(one of the things I slack on). I bet I get a couple extra ounces this next run. Especially since it's cooling down outside.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Those Biker's look real nice. If your after OG in seed, you found it. Speaking of cleaning, I just cleaned the glass on one of my 1000's about a week ago. What a difference! Been a min since I cleaned it(one of the things I slack on). I bet I get a couple extra ounces this next run. Especially since it's cooling down outside.

i decided to take your advice and picked those bikers up
yeah, i need to clean the insides of that glass this weekend , i have to elevate the bulbs a few inches so ill have to tear it all apart anyways
thanks for falling back through dtog.

Rodehazrd

Hey @BoydCrowder
Rodehazrd here I noticed in one of your photos the humidity in the 30s is that an issue being that low I plan to grow in very low humidity and am wondering if I should worry about 30%. I usually run the dehumidifier to stay down to 50 but our new site will have highs in the 30% range.
Thanks and smokemifugotum

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
Hey @BoydCrowder
Rodehazrd here I noticed in one of your photos the humidity in the 30s is that an issue being that low I plan to grow in very low humidity and am wondering if I should worry about 30%. I usually run the dehumidifier to stay down to 50 but our new site will have highs in the 30% range.
Thanks and smokemifugotum

i am far from being an expert on humidity, ive run with and without , currently its out of the room for cleaning

and honestly my room runs 30-60% day to night without

and shit bro, i havent had an issue with low humidity that im aware of on any of my grows

its always something else,pests, hydro issues, nute burns, lazyness
i wouldnt worry unless it becomes a prob - its an easy fix either way

Badfishy1

i am far from being an expert on humidity, ive run with and without , currently its out of the room for cleaning

and honestly my room runs 30-60% day to night without

and shit bro, i havent had an issue with low humidity that im aware of on any of my grows

its always something else,pests, hydro issues, nute burns, lazyness
i wouldnt worry unless it becomes a prob - its an easy fix either way

I was listening to a podcast (take it for what it's worth) and the grower says he starts flower all the way at 90 and drops 5%/ week which means at the end of a long flower he will be down around 30%. But as you stated if you haven't had problems with it, why make a new 'problem'

Glad I saw this thread pop up in New Posts.

I've never grown seriously indoors but think I'll go with vert style when I can. To me it just seems like the most efficient style and I wonder why more people don't do it? With limited plant counts and trying to maximize yield out of them it seems like more people in legal & even illegal states would.

Anyways, I'll be watching for sure since you have some of Bug's work.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35

I've never grown seriously indoors but think I'll go with vert style when I can. To me it just seems like the most efficient style and I wonder why more people don't do it? With limited plant counts and trying to maximize yield out of them it seems like more people in legal & even illegal states would.

im diggong it for what im doin, thanks for the sub bro

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
did an aact foliar monday - these things are kinda praying now, never seen em reach up this way.
in addition, the nodes sprouted what seems like double the normal rate.
its super tight nodes now with way more stuff poppin out.

had i known aact foliars were worth the efort to strain and spray, id been doing this for years.
this is prolly the coolest hack ive learned all year.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
its 4:30am and I cant sleep - fell asleep early to deal with some back pain
anyways, gonna go to the gym at 5:30am and do a 7am yoga cause i couldnt get to the gym yday.

anyways, i decided to look in on the flower room a few minutes ago.
i flipped this room on the 2nd so im 12 days in, but FUCKING WOW
i mustve gotten 8" of stretch in the last 24hrs

not an exageration either, the foliar and watering them good yesterday , plus installing my dehum/humidifier back into the room have made an EXPLOSION happen in there

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
checking on the flower room this morning, my soil in one of the pots called me down to break up the duff a lil on the top.
its a bit of the trimmed leaves the ewc from the trqnsplant and the soil itself.
theres a layer bought an inch think thats sitting there and callimg me over
so i bend down to start breaking it up and lossening it some and the first handful sprouts one of my worms in the pot.
so im like cool, grab anbother handful to lossen up and yet more worms
i was intending to dump a handful into these pots soon but, i think they are good,
i wish id taken a pic, they were just there to tell me to leave us the fuck alone!, we like this mulch layer just like it is!!!!
anywho
i picked up some happyfrog batshit 050 ot something for the flowering + some crimson clover seed to put some green into the mulch
ive used clover as a cover before, but this time ima try something different to start them
ima sprout the seeds into cups and lay the malt into the mulch with a light cover of straight peat moss
i think this way ill get a good cover started right away and have a better barrier winding down the stretch

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran

running vert, its hard to cool the room, unless u have good vents ,intake & exzost, im running closed hoods with 6" blower fans, it blowes the heat from the bulb outside,thus a cooler room.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
my room runs the same vert or normal with the vented hoods
a lil warm
82 hugh and 76 low is a lil warm
my lil one hose 12kbtu ac is not the best for this little room, but for 200$ and 2 years straight everyday cooling, its paid for itself triple my cooltubes have 2200 watts of power packed into em, and draw outside air into them and through the scrubber, alongside the hose from the ac

absolutley no smells ever

but yeah, naked verts are indeed hotter and harder to control environment, but not that much harder than Hori

when this ac dies ima go for a minisplit and seal the rooms for a c02 burner
bu until my training wheels gear starts to break down
ima rock what i got

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i run co2 in the winter time, cause my room r more sealed.
lol a little co2 generator [bakeing soda & vinger drip] it cheep co2.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
i run co2 in the winter time, cause my room r more sealed.
lol a little co2 generator [bakeing soda & vinger drip] it cheep co2.

dood, i had asked in one of these threads about the eficacy of that contrapton - can you elbaoromate on it?
i rather l;ike the concept of chems over biology for diy co2 creation....
i need some meteres tho so ima trust your word here

Badfishy1

dood, i had asked in one of these threads about the eficacy of that contrapton - can you elbaoromate on it?
i rather l;ike the concept of chems over biology for diy co2 creation....
i need some meteres tho so ima trust your word here

A buddy of mine was using yeast sugar and water I believe and swore by it

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

any co2 will help out.
last pic is mine in bud room.
i use it more in winter because my rooms r more sealed

packerfan79

Veteran
running vert, its hard to cool the room, unless u have good vents ,intake & exzost, im running closed hoods with 6" blower fans, it blowes the heat from the bulb outside,thus a cooler room.

It's not that hard you just put a fan pointing up under the bulb and the filter at the top of the room pulling the heat out. I have a stadium with 4k hps bare bulb 2 fans and 2 8x10 intakes at one end and a can 125 with a a 10inch maxfan at the other end of room . I only run in the fall and winter but it runs pretty good. Adding a couple motorized backdraft dampers to stabilize the temps with a temp controller. it was running way to cold last year. I guess it would be dependent on the climate.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
being in geaorgia, in a small room, with the roof literally less than a foot away from the ceiling, mmmm
i have unique issues with cooling anything . i run in the summer and year round tho
i run lights at night and off daytime hours
im gonna prolly line the room with some siding foam sheets and try to seal her off for the co2 evetually
i hate respending money on my fuckups.... grr

Latest posts

Latest posts