Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Is there a method of "reduction" of oil like there is for Ethanol?

Thread Title Search
Is there a method of "reduction" of oil like there is for Ethanol? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2018, 02:35 AM #11
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
Is that a task where a centrifuge might come in handy ?

Maybe, keep all of the THC & some of the oil.

Somehow.

Which is heavier, THC resin or oil ?
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2018, 02:57 AM #12
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
That's not a bad idea. I will look into that.

Old 10-03-2018, 12:39 PM #13
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
Is that a task where a centrifuge might come in handy ?

Maybe, keep all of the THC & some of the oil.

Somehow.

Which is heavier, THC resin or oil ?
Obviously oil is heavier or was that a trick question?
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 10-03-2018, 01:50 PM #14
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
A centrifuge would make a great drinky-poo mixer Mr. Leahy.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 03:47 AM #15
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond reputeSt. Phatty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
A centrifuge separates according to density AND they cost money.

So I'd want to know going in where the THC is going to end up, because extracting it from the centrifuge after it's separated could be a trick.

Half-kidding now ==> if you put the centrifuge in freezer that will freeze oil, then you can have a hardened piece of THC - oil like a big ice cube with the oil on the inside or outside, depending on density ... if it works.

Don't even know if that would work.

AND - this is all very academic because I went back and read RingoDoggie's original post.

I ruined a real good centrifuge that was actually in my garage - and WORKING - by trying to use it to separate a gold-sands mixture where I ran the centrifuge hot, with hot wax to help it stay together when removed ... theoretically. Heavy stuff on the outside, that would have been the gold if it worked.

If you were my neighbor I would offer Ringo Doggie my ruined centrifuge for his project. The motor still works, I just didn't think it through. I ruined a primo centrifuge chasing Gold Fever.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 04:00 AM #16
p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nicep0opstlnksal0t is just really nice
I see used lab test tube centrifuges used on eBay all the time for like 10-20 bucks. Not much of a cost there for experimentation. I've blown far more than that on dumb hobbies

IG @square_root_pharms
p0opstlnksal0t is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 AM #17
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I see plenty of cheap centrifuges on eBay for about $50. They all seem to be 4000 RPM rated. Is that enough to provide the separation we want?

If anyone thinks it's worthwhile, I'll buy one and try it.

I gave some of my 'weak' coconut oil to a friend tonight and he took 1 TSP. An hour later he said his legs were numb and he couldn't get up from the bar to pee. LOL I took 3 TBSP of this batch and felt nothing.

I give away more edibles than I eat. LOL

Old 10-04-2018, 09:27 AM #18
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Sounds like it's strong enough for your friend.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 AM #19
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant futurePDX Dopesmoker has a brilliant future
Thats a lot of cooking oil to be eating all at once, you can't reduce that stuff as far as I know, but you can increase the concentration on it. I make cannabutter at equal weights of butter and trim, if you make it that strong and eat 3 tablespoons all sorts of excitement is guaranteed to ensue. You could easily mix in a batch of extra strength oil with what what you already have to create a batch with more reasonably sized portions or you could save the heavy stuff for yourself and use the less concentrated batch to feed to your less experienced amigos.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:06 PM #20
Ringodoggie

My band had a gig last night and I took a bunch of chocolate and some coconut oil that I made that was too weak for me.

I gave it out to a couple of the regular fans that I know. By the end of the night, they were bouncing off the walls. LMAO

The really odd thing was that they all said how great the chocolate tasted. They all said they could barely taste the cannabis. Fucking shit gags me. I can barely get it down without puking. LOL

I am beginning to think that I shouldn't be doing cannabis. LOL

Apparently, I am pretty good at making the shit.... just not very good at TAKING it. LOL

I am making more today. I need to decarb a couple ounces for making BEER!! LOL This should be fun.

1 members found this post helpful.