Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

Thread Title Search
Strongest coconut oil I can make so far Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2018, 10:27 PM #31
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
When you're using fats, I personally would do a slow and low-heat simmer with just the fats and cannabis. The most difficult part is squeezing all of the fats back out of the cannabis. You can rinse the cannabis with super hot water as well, then freeze the water solid for removal from the fats.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 12:41 AM #32
xavier7995

xavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nicexavier7995 is just really nice
I add water as i am a bit lazy, but am with you more or less. Regarding squeezing, normally i just use several layers of cheese cloth and just keep twisting until it is as tight as i can get it. Then back into some hot water and repeat until i get minimal return. I was thinking of making some sort of wire mesh basket attached to plates on some clamps so i can really tighten it down to get it all back and it would be much quicker/less messy. Something like a wine press might work well.

Instagram: xavier7995
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 08:58 AM #33
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I've seen stainless steel pans, a car jack, a brick and strong cotton cloth work well. Need something you can brace the jack and wad of cannabis against. Something which won't break under pressure.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:18 PM #34
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRace View Post
Personally I find that using clear results in a short, sharp racy high that is "boring", using whole-plant ethanol extract results in a much more balanced and longer-lasting high. Also seems to provide better pain relief as noted by my wife (serious neuropathic pain due to sympathetic nerve disfunction).

The taste is horrible, so I mix the QWET + coconut oil with cornstarch and put into capsules.

My ratio is 1gram QWET : 2ml coconut oil : 6.5g cornstarch
each pill = 750mg of which about 80mg is QWET.

8gram QWET, 16ml coconut oil, 52 gram cornstarch = 100 capsules.
What's the purpose of the corn starch?
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 04:34 PM #35
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
What's the purpose of the corn starch?
Filler or binder I'm guessing.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 05:19 PM #36
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
I guessed that much I make both wet and dry canna pills, never heard of anyone using it, let alone its purpose. Lecithin OTOH is a different story. As a diebetic, the last thing I want is 2g+ of starch per day.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:00 PM #37
Douglas.Curtis

Use brown rice flour and you'll skip the issues.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:13 AM #38
Switcher56

deleted, forgot DC OMIL