What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom hill's Pine Tar Kush

Back in the overgrow days (2004) Tom sent me (to the UK) packs of PTK, DC, Cripple Creek and SCBB x PTK free bless him.

They were the first to be popped (2004), really liked the keeper, great smoke and good yield. At the time i described the smell as > a pear drop sweet got stuck to a skunks arse that lived in a pine tree > mmmm

Sounds killer I will give them a run and make f2's. Any memorable traits that stand out from best phenos.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I seek in a PTK. After years, they are showing like this with some frequency. Been a long road, but I'm getting there!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannavore, Dude, keep your seeds. I've made vast improvements in my PTK line over the years. Just cause someone can plant more seeds than you, doesn't mean they will produce a better seed line than you can. My opinion, of coarse. Rock them bitches yourself and if you feel like you need an influx of fresh PTK genes, I'll be around.

FireIn.TheSky

Lean green I remember reading about your ptk project years ago, nice to see you are still at it.

Do they really smell like pine? There is so much call for this strain but so very few people have actually grown it.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They do smell of pine. Shows up in out crosses too. I recently posted a room full of O.Haze/Sk#1 x Khmer Gold/PTK and O.Haze/SK#1 x Master Kush/Skunk. The plants with the PTK in the parentage have a definite pine note in aroma and smell. Many other PTK out crosses in my albums

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i think im passing this project off to Nspecta to preserve. he has the space to do large 100+ seed pops and I don't.

I know a few homies kicked him there Tom hill stock myself included ... he is one of few ppl I could justify giving some of my most precious seed stock to ...

Fuk LG that plant looks exactly like what I remember... can smell the pine from here never got purple colors in my pheno but that plant pic brings back memories...

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know a few homies kicked him there Tom hill stock myself included ... he is one of few ppl I could justify giving some of my most precious seed stock to ...

Fuk LG that plant looks exactly like what I remember... can smell the pine from here never got purple colors in my pheno but that plant pic brings back memories...

Gracias stoney! Purple comes up often in the PTK lines I'm running. Some come out black.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I'd certainly say you made some improvements from what I've got from PTK. Very impressive Lean. I admire the dedication. the plants I grew were along way from the plant in the pic. That's awesome. Tom said that it was fairly unworked. Not anymore! Goo job.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd certainly say you made some improvements from what I've got from PTK. Very impressive Lean. I admire the dedication. the plants I grew were along way from the plant in the pic. That's awesome. Tom said that it was fairly unworked. Not anymore! Goo job.

Many thanks RL! these plants are a long way from what I started with. If I had judged the line by the first run, probably would have fed them to the birds. I gave hundreds of the first repro I did away. A few here ran them, most probably didn't.
I'm getting these types to throw about one of three so far. My next progression will be to start selfing theses types and crossing them together. :dance013:

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been done already, Inspecta collected seeds from all of us and used 209 plants. Amazing really, he ran more plants in one grow than I ran in 10 years.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grabbed some PTK from Verdant Green.

Would be fun to do an Inspecta run next to a VG run.

From what I heard, Inspecta will be stashing those PTK, he made, for future projects.

highsteppa

Veteran
Nice work lean green on working her. I grew a 10 out a few years back and 2 came out nice. A lot of folks wouldnt give it a second grow. Do you get any lemon or pear notes mixed with pine?

Most of the seeds from that run looked immature and were put in the compsost and the last 3 seasons we’ve had Ptk volunteers popping. they do well and finnish fine where they can get some sun. It’s rugged stock.

Lean Green

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up Frank!- I am making Deep Congo S1s with an F4 that has been in the room for a couple years. I need to dig into the remaining F2s soon, they are getting old. Although, after seeing the germ rates on the PTK from that same era, I'm less concerned about their viability.

highsteppa- yes the pear scents are strong on the green ones, like the batch I keep labeled as "A". I accidentally threw most of my prized "d" line of PTK on the compost this spring and just harvested a volunteer. I hope they don't keep popping up, I don't want to be reminded of that mistake.lol!

Cannavore- I like the purple ones too, never realized it until read Nspecta's descriptions though and noticed my selections favor that type. The clone I've been running this year finishes dark, almost black.