What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
I took it out today for an inspection. Looks OK. It is hard as a rock. I don't see anything of concern so back into the vac sealed bag.
View attachment 18839905
Looking good my friend I notice the buds used are a hash plant it will be interesting to see what it does to the effects compared to the un cobbed buds in 3 months time keep us posted on the effects.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good my friend I notice the buds used are a hash plant it will be interesting to see what it does to the effects compared to the un cobbed buds in 3 months time keep us posted on the effects.

Not hash plant.. That Neviles haze x O-Haze ..This is the same pheno different run
DSCN7080.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Not hash plant.. That Neviles haze x O-Haze ..This is the same pheno different run
View attachment 18840028
My bad I was thinking of someone else.
Thats a killer looking plant it should knock your socks off for sure.
I love plants that look like that you know its going to be good.

I am just sampling a piece of 2 cobs one euphoric and one spacey ha ha I love mixing good highs from sources I am familiar with.
Both cobs are good on their own but magic happens when you mix them 50/50.
Just about to go and outwit some squid on the town jetty its sight fishing at its best in the day time.

ost

My bad I was thinking of someone else.
Thats a killer looking plant it should knock your socks off for sure.
I love plants that look like that you know its going to be good.

I am just sampling a piece of 2 cobs one euphoric and one spacey ha ha I love mixing good highs from sources I am familiar with.
Both cobs are good on their own but magic happens when you mix them 50/50.
Just about to go and outwit some squid on the town jetty its sight fishing at its best in the day time.
good luck squiding, i always liked jig fishing!

Legalcdn

Cobbers,

I am in the process of cobbing with a vac sealer. I am wondering if most people are compressing to the highest compression. Do you want it mildly vac sealed or very compressed for the initial 24hr sweat?

Excuse me if this was asked but i searched with no definitive answer.

My Golden Tiger will be looking forward to sweating (current RH is 70).

Tangwena

Veteran
Cobbers,

I am in the process of cobbing with a vac sealer. I am wondering if most people are compressing to the highest compression. Do you want it mildly vac sealed or very compressed for the initial 24hr sweat?

My Golden Tiger will be looking forward to sweating.
Good on you for giving the golden tiger the cob treatment my friend its dynamite cured this way.
To answer your question its fine to use any setting mild or very compressed, they both give different and good results.
Why not try one each way to see the difference I'm sure you will like both.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cobbers,

My Golden Tiger will be looking forward to sweating (current RH is 70).
I compressed as much as I could.. I did it by hand in bags with thick rubber bands before I vac sealed it.

funkyhorse

Brick making season
Yesterday was time for New Caledonia girl 4 banana bark brick
NC 4 banana bark brick (1).jpeg
NC 4 banana bark brick (2).jpeg
NC 4 banana bark brick (3).jpeg

This is the stash so far, I am intending to let them stay 6 months in the greenhouse so I will open and test them in november, 3 different New Caledonia girls all of them spike/fenotrigo/grinspoon pheno and one Double Zamal with the same grinspoon profile
Banana bark brick stash.jpeg

And this Thaidelica fenotrigo pheno will be next brick, I am harvesting her probably tomorrow or during weekend, very sticky buds have this Thaidelica.
Thaidelica vegbox (3).jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody

funkyhorse

Hi there sneezy
It is certainly a lot of fun doing this, I am also curious about the results with these new strains
Banana bricks are very good, they come out same as paraguayan brick.
My neighbours love it, they grew up smoking brick and they prefer it over buds

I compress with my bare hands. I squash them with my hands and then I wrap it in fresh banana bark
I dont know if it works the same with dry bark. With fresh bark it cures and shrinks together with the buds

So the banana tree in the house I am renting is giving fruit now
Banana tree.jpeg

You see leaf and bark. Leave the leaf, it is the plant food I guess... just cut a piece of fresh bark. And if you see any green in the bark, remove the green.
The banana bark is a very waxy material from the inside, nothing sticks to it. It has no smells like the corn
It is very easy to do this brick and it works excellent. My neighbours and myself are very impressed with the results. Real brick!!!
I can make real brick, I cant believe it man, I love it. This knowledge is a treasure
Banana bark.jpeg

funkyhorse

What the process, is the method use completely same,as being implement (icmag) here?
I explained it to Dubi hoping he would get interest in trying because I think some varieties will smoke better as brick than as bud but need to find them, I also would like to find sticky brick again
Dubi, if you can master this technique for making brick, all of us will enjoy it
It is very simple and I think the best things in life are the most simple things and when it gets complicated and give headaches its not it
For me making cobs and sweating is a headache

The brick experience is different than the flower. It is not good for vaping but it is the best for smoking
It burns smoothly and evenly, it makes brick makes charcoal when burning and smoking it
In the 20th century the southamerican brick had a special feature: people were making pinners without filter. In SouthAmerica you smoke marihuana pure, you dont mix it with tobacco like in Europe
The 20th century colombian or paraguayan brick drip oil when you smoke it. This means when you smoke it it started producing oil which was slowly going down all the way to your fingers, it wasnt easy burning and then you got your fingers full of oil
I am not seeing this anymore today and I think it can be revived with the proper strain

Not every strain is better in brick form than as bad form, the same way not every strain is better as hash or concentrate than as flower.
We need to find the strains which are best for bricking and give that old oily spliff result.

New Caledonia girl 3, I kept the top shot for flower and the rest is brick, in a few hours I will give same treatment to New caledonia girl 4
Process is very simple:
In wet environment dry for some days in dry environment dry for a couple of days
And then proceed to clean all of the stems like this. If it is for selling everything goes in, but when it is for yourself you take the job to clean your weed for better results
View attachment 18840072
A wise man said: beautiful flowers are for Valentines.
With your bare hands press all those beautiful flowers as shown below as much as you can. What is good with this method is you can do any quantity you wish, it always works. To find the top notch quality we will need to work a lot more because only airy fluffy sativas are suitable for this method. With chunky modern buds hybridized or not I dont like the result
View attachment 18840073
Then you go to your banana tree, the tree in this house is making babies I give to the neighbours and is making fruit as well
View attachment 18840074
Pick the bark, not the leaf. The whole trick is fresh bark. The bark is excellent. The inside is waxy, nothing sticks to it. When it is fresh, the bark cures together with the weed and it also shrinks, giving to the brick compactation
View attachment 18840075
Then you wrap your fresh weed in the banana bark like the pictures below and place it in greenhouse for a long time. I will test it in november
View attachment 18840076 View attachment 18840077
The result is same same as paraguayan brick. My neighbours who are paraguayan brick smokers cant believe it and love it, they prefer to smoke brick over buds big time
I hope you like it and try it. If you do I hope you can pull some amazing brick and magic back from under your sleeve with some experimentation
This is going to be next brick, I saved this from winter hoping to make enough for bricking
Thai Haze home made, I will brick the whole lower plant and I have more cuts coming down next days for more brick
Thai haze (8).jpeg
Thai haze (16).jpeg

and now I am revegging another one called Mango Zamal I want to brick too, very sticky and resinous airy buds, so impressive. This year I am getting very sticky shit
Mango zamal 1 (19).jpeg

Mauritius x Ethipian crazy sticky buds. I am cutting a few buds of this every day, I dont know if dried it will be fluffy or rock hard. You put this in the sunshine and trichomes shine like little diamonds
M x E 2 (8).jpeg

Man, this year I must be getting some decent brick, next summer will be fun

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you that made my day. Do you use any for bait or eat them all? Whats your favorite recipe? Those buds are gorgeous. So much color. Do the guys at your fishing camp grow any of your seed outdoors now that they have tried the end result?
I use huge amounts for bait. I love it to eat as well stuffed with savory rice baked in the oven with sweet potato, pumpkin,carrots and potatoes covered in olive oil and herbs.
also squid rings, smoked squid and dried squid in the dehydrator, barb be cued in garlic and chilli and deep fried just to name a few ha ha.
Pot is illegal here so I have to keep a low profile dont want the local piglets getting any ideas ha ha.
But sometimes just for laughs I get some unsuspecting stoner high or the first time in their life ha ha.
Its all about education you understand ha ha.
I go back in a couple of months for the run of the BIG squid something I never miss.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's almost lunch time here and I've just read this,
"love it to eat as well stuffed with savory rice baked in the oven with sweet potato, pumpkin,carrots and potatoes covered in olive oil and herbs.
also squid rings, smoked squid and dried squid in the dehydrator, barb be cued in garlic and chilli and deep fried just to name a few ha ha."

Thanks mate! I'm starving now and there's no where that I can get stuffed squid. ¿Maybe if I go into the village I can get some fried squid ring as a tapa.

Mrs DM and just appeared and offered me some Potatas Pobre, so I'll let you off! 😂

Latest posts

Latest posts