Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

Thread Title Search
Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2018, 11:33 PM #881
nattyroots

nattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enoughnattyroots will become famous soon enough
Coco oil brownies, my favorite. And always undercook those brownies. Better taste better potency.
nattyroots is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2018, 06:51 AM #882
FBones13

FBones13 is on a distinguished road
Thank you Sir
FBones13 is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 03:58 AM #883
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to behold
I made some cannabutter for the first time. I followed the instructions in the op, plus added an additional 3 boils with fresh spring water to help remove contaminants. I clarified the butter first, then added back coconut oil to get back to a full pound weighed. Used 2 ozs of recently harvested and dried trim and popcorn bud. Cooked for 3 hours and strained.

The butter looks nice and evenly green. The water after the last boil looked nice and clean. The butter tastes absolutely awful.

I was expecting some flavoring of the butter. But this doesn't even have a hint of butter flavoring left.

I've never had or made cannabutter before. Maybe this is what it's supposed to taste like. But I do not care for it one bit. Is there anything I can do to make it taste better?
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 04:07 AM #884
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
I made some cannabutter for the first time. I followed the instructions in the op, plus added an additional 3 boils with fresh spring water to help remove contaminants. I clarified the butter first, then added back coconut oil to get back to a full pound weighed. Used 2 ozs of recently harvested and dried trim and popcorn bud. Cooked for 3 hours and strained.

The butter looks nice and evenly green. The water after the last boil looked nice and clean. The butter tastes absolutely awful.

I was expecting some flavoring of the butter. But this doesn't even have a hint of butter flavoring left.

I've never had or made cannabutter before. Maybe this is what it's supposed to taste like. But I do not care for it one bit. Is there anything I can do to make it taste better?
Haha! Yeah tastes like grasshopper spit. That's why you disguise the taste by making brownies or something similar. I'm going to make some myself this weekend.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:50 AM #885
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to beholdGOT_BUD? is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
Haha! Yeah tastes like grasshopper spit. That's why you disguise the taste by making brownies or something similar. I'm going to make some myself this weekend.
Well then I guess that's good. Grasshopper spit.

So much for my idea of spreading this on my morning toast to enjoy with my coffee. Guess I'll just have to stick with raw honey.

Gonna have to make some truffles or something then...
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 05:01 AM #886
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Yes I had ideas of doing the same. I haven't tried Nutella which may work. Cocoa seems to mask it well.