Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Calyxes with hairs before first true leaves?

Thread Title Search
Calyxes with hairs before first true leaves? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2018, 11:56 PM #31
al70

al70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant future
she's just an ugly bitch, she'll be fine

Old 10-16-2018, 06:35 AM #32
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by al70 View Post
she's just an ugly bitch, she'll be fine

Haha true, but with one minor correction... she's an ugly two-headed bitch!

So the leaves are starting to get bigger now, there are 5 in total. 3 on the left side, 2 on the right. The calyxes are dead center, with all of this mess growing around them. You can't really see them in the photos, but they're still the same.

The 1st picture shows the left side, 2nd shows the right, and 3rd shows the top. Thanks for tuning in folks, your comments are appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6422.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	473577 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6425.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	473578 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6427.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	473579
Hookahhead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:52 AM #33
Ignignokt

Ignignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of lightIgnignokt is a glorious beacon of light
Where did the calyx's go?
(ohhh, i know.... you dried them and smoked them )
Ignignokt is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:06 PM #34
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
This is exactly why I made that thread months ago about cross breeding and you guys going to hell.

This plant is clearly an abomination
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 03:09 PM #35
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookahhead View Post
Haha true, but with one minor correction... she's an ugly two-headed bitch!

So the leaves are starting to get bigger now, there are 5 in total. 3 on the left side, 2 on the right. The calyxes are dead center, with all of this mess growing around them. You can't really see them in the photos, but they're still the same.

The 1st picture shows the left side, 2nd shows the right, and 3rd shows the top. Thanks for tuning in folks, your comments are appreciated!
Your flowering plant was an abomination from birth... it’s revegging now.
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 AM #36
Hookahhead

Hookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura aboutHookahhead has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
Where did the calyx's go?
(ohhh, i know.... you dried them and smoked them )

They're dry and are curing in a microcentrifuge tube now

Day 11. Both stems are starting to elongate. Apical growth is visible on both of them.

I don't think I'm going to transplant on Day 14. The plant doesn't have enough above ground growth in my opinion. The sibling that is the same age as this one is on it's 4th node. I have tried to transplant seedlings earlier than 2 weeks in the past (like day 10-11); thinking I was moving them into a happier home. It's been my experience that the rootball wasn't quite formed enough and the clump of soil easily broke apart even when being cautious. I worry about damaging the roots although I don't recall any seedlings being stunted by this. Those plants didn't seem to gain any major advantages either. I grow open pollinated bag seed, and each plant grows at its own pace. So i definitely don't have a good side-by-side comparison. For me its easier to transplant them around day 13-15. In just those few extra days they have a nice root mass that slides easily out of the cup and into the next container without having to worry.

Picture 1 shows the stems, with both calyxes. They still haven't grown, pistils are still visible, and are more pubescent than the rest of the growth. Picture 2 is the left side, and shows apical growth. Picture 3 is the top/right side. One thing is evident from this thread... I'm terrible at taking macro photos, I probably took 20 to get that 1 mildly decent pictures of the calyxes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6442.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	473884 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6444.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	473885 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6450.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	473886

Old 10-19-2018, 02:37 AM #37
Hookahhead

I apologize, picture 1 does not actually show both of the stems. I was primarily trying to capture the calyxes, which are dead center between the two stems. However, I forgot I had to turn the plant slightly for a better shot. I'll update in 3-4 days, it should be much more evident by then.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 PM #38
Hookahhead

Day 14

Day 14

Not much new to be said. I kinda like the yin-yang thing its got going on in the top view. I can see a tiny bit of growth starting at the nodes. It looks like leaf formation and not preflowers, but it is still way too small to tell for sure. Nodes seem to have opposite growth and not alternate.

The normal sibling got moved outside today, it had 4-5 nodes on it. The roots were nicely developed and the transplant was stress free. The funky one will get a gallon pot probably around day 21. Now that it has a bit of leaf growth to power it, it should grow pretty quickly. I will keep it inside for a few weeks to see how it grows out, but it will have to be moved outdoor for flowering.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6456.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	474220 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6461.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	474221

Old 10-26-2018, 02:01 AM #39
Hookahhead

Day 18

Day 18 - Anyone still following?

The plant is continuing to grow nicely, but still a little awkward. I'm guessing something is off with the hormones on this one. I have to admit, over the past few days one of the "calyxes" (backside) has started to develop tiny ridges. The "pistil" has withered and died. I can see how its possible that it is just a very badly malformed leaf. To me, it looks like it was a calyx that now wants to try to be a leaf maybe. The other one still looks the same, and still has the little white nub. There is just a tiny bit of new growth at the base where they are, so I'm interested in what will come out of that. I can't see any other pre-flowers on the plant yet, so I guess we'll just have to wait until its old enough and sex it the old fashioned way. Unfortunately if it is a female, I can never be sure if they were calyxes or not.

Theres a bit more strangeness to add... In the photos, the right side has normal symmetrical bilateral growth. However on the left side, it's doing this weird trifolate type thing. It's not a true trifolate like I've seen on other plants, this one just seems to throw an extra stem off to the side rather than at a 120 degree angle. The 3rd photo shows both secondary stems, the 4th only shows only the left.

I think I'll be good to transplant it on day 21, the main stem is starting to thicken up a bit now. There is a lot of growth coming in between the nodes. The leaves in the middle are pushing each other out of the way. I've considered trimming some of this out, but I think I'll leave it all natural for now. It's going to be super bushy in a few weeks!

By the way, the red stuff sprinkled on top of the soil is cayenne powder. I noticed a few fungus gnats in a mint and basil I have outside. I don't know if the cayenne will be effective at all, but I figure it couldn't hurt. I haven't seen them indoors yet, but I need to source some mosquito dunks down here. With as many mosquitos as we have you'd think it would be a much easier product to find. Everything I've found is chemical pesticide designed to kills ants, cockroaches, mosquitos, spiders, and like 20 other insects with 1 product... must be some nasty stuff.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6462.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	474705 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6463.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	474706 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6479.jpg
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	474707 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6485.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	474708

Old 10-26-2018, 02:09 AM #40
metsäkana
Í̵ͮ͆̅ͨ̏͛ͮ̄ͬͧͯ̾̀̐̑͆ͫͦ͞͏ ̳͢ ̴̓ͥ͆ͩ̽̆̀́ͦ̎ͦ̐͋̇̈́͞͠Í

metsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud ofmetsäkana has much to be proud of
iv had this happen on different strains some stun fully and dont grow and some grow like that maybe 3-8 times i dont remember mostly i cut them off becouse they take longer than most 50% times in same veg room other stuff is so big in time i want to flip those are still stunning on those 2 first round leafs
metsäkana is online now Quote