Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Orient Express & more from the Buddhist Arc

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Orient Express & more from the Buddhist Arc Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2018, 04:50 AM #131
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
In attempting to undo the knots of plants caused by the wind, it turns out the breakage was double the ones that were easy to find. It took one of the biggest stalks of Bhutanese. In terms of yield, it looks like this plant is very good. There is some fluff, but it has a satisfying cola plus about ten sub-branches with good tops. It was the last to start ripening, but at least it picked up a bit of the Mekong type scent, so, that stuff might be ok.

The rest of everything just looks like a patch of rotor wash.

Almost all of the growth leaves are gone and so plant cycles are over, regardless of trichome color, so we have to ignore that. Due to force of circumstances, I probably have to cut two plants every two days in a way that is more like saving surviving pieces from death and destruction.

If I was going to respond to the gales ahead of time, there needs to not be twenty plants rigged up with twine like a spider web. That is too major of a deal to move quickly. We need to grow fewer for multiple reasons. Start to emphasize yield and heed the caterpillars and storms. Maybe run some autos in the spring since they would be done before crowding becomes an issue.

It would be nice to do this some other way but, it's pretty much guerilla growing close to home. I've pretty successfully prevented animal incursions but that's about it.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 05:38 AM #132
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
The only drawback to the Bhutanese is it seems to have weak stems.

So the first Nemesis that got broken still looks ok. But this is because I was able to stake it. The ten or so branches that have been broken since then I just cut off, but along with those were other pieces that just got folded or crimped.

That really big Bhutanese had four tops, so I cut the broken one, and there was another one that got folded over. With this and a few other pieces, I attempted to splint them, but, I didn't do very good at that. So the top fell over again and expired rapidly, faster than the small branch that did the same thing. Overnight it went from salvageable to brownish, yellow, and shrunken. I call that dead. I don't think you can prop it up any more and bring it back. So I cut that one too. But I would say other strains that fold do not necessarily die, or don't die that fast, so, although anything could get bent by the wind, the Bhutanese may be a little weak in surviving it.

Cooler night temps slapped some purple to Krystalica.

Now that we're down to the appropriate number of plants for the space, there is nothing left intact. Closest thing is one Nemesis with 30% of the tops gouged out from caterpillars. Everything else is broken and/or chewed up more. So I don't have a single good looking plant. So in the end, running twice too many plants only brings about as much as the right number, if they were intact. Instead of extra harvest--arguably, from now forward--we got like a 50% bonus of early samples.

Mid-October does look like finishing time for most of it; with the Bhutanese, I would be prone to say end of the month. It doesn't seem equatorial like it would take forever at all. At least in form and appearance, this one totally has the thin/pinnate/foxtailish SE Asian style, but, at least with the sun, done within 2-3 weeks of others. November seems neither desirable, nor like it would keep going that long.

Even in decent containers, form wise, I cannot really tell a difference between the Thai and the indica hybrids. That may seem sketchy, but, at least off the samples I get no indica buzz.

I cannot find my nice Italian jar and already filled two other ones and this is a totally different issue related to too many blankets.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 06:34 AM #133
Satyros

I was going to bug someone about maybe whether they didn't rinse out the detergent the last time after using a jar.

Instead I went back and looked it up and it says main flavor to Bhutanese is lemon mint. So I guess that's supposed to be there. It was not noticeable on the plant itself or at first but, after a few days and getting sealed, it's there.

I found that big Italian one and the Nemesis filled it and kept going.

I took a few small bits of Krystalica and they say this may be strawberry and I think so, and, here again, only after drying. From trying a few puffs, it could legitimately be "relaxing sativa", kind of a toned-down Sexbud. It lacks that unique grapefruit seed oil brain polish, but it carries something of the muscle relaxer. Nothing spacey or swoopy. Lucid. This probably will turn out to be one of the nice mediums that's not really stimulating or narcotic.

The Nemesis conformed perfectly well to the growth plan, and that tree is the definition of something that did not. I figured it was a male for being so tall and it just kept going until I broke the root, and the result is, it made a candelabra shape, six feet off the ground. So its height went to total waste. You could easily make one shorter yield more.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 AM #134
Satyros

In breaking up the tree branches, Krystalica really has no berry scent upon the plant, I would call it closer to Afghan. I'm not that good with the scents, there may be better names, but so far I think there is an "earthy musky" SE Asian that's not exactly rubber, but oily and roasted, and on the other side of the spectrum is an "earthy musky" Afghan that's a bit more disgusting and closer to vomit. Maybe someone has better words for these, but, as a broad generalization, that's how it seems to me.

Using special perceptual methods, I was able to identify the thing that came with it as Himalayan. She seems really close to her mom. The Nemesis seems close to her mom too, even with the pretty bluish green tint, but the OE might have made her buds a bit fluffier. So far the Himalayan is a straight copy with a vague floral scent and a certain kind of pristine beauty when first picked. Doesn't really look special when dried, and of course most cannabis flowers are pretty...maybe this one is worth fresh cut photos. It's what I would want if there was such a thing as "florist of weed".

Maybe someday that can be an industry for excess cannabis.

So far it's the one I would want to keep for indica effect. The other night I had a bowl of the commercial hydro indica and got the nod offs really bad. Managed to shake it and smoked Bhutanese and was not tired at all. Like the early Thai it said "I need a couple weeks to get more potent". The run should probably be something like four Himalayas and about eight sativas.

I have mostly been smoking early Thai rather than hydro by preference. It added "something" to the SE Asian scent, not sure what. Although I hope the later batches get better, strangely, although the bud did come out with more of an indica style mass, this is not even as stony as the Mekong. It's going in a good direction but we'll have to see if it gets there. These were stressed plants. I'd still rather have this off peak than the same presumably cloned indoor stuff.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 11:41 PM #135
Satyros

Going to take the Nemesis tomorrow at least the two broken ones. They're interesting because one was broken at the base over a month ago and was staked, and the other is topless--it's just a base with a couple of bottom branches which happen to be good because the plant was hand fashioned and because it is Nemesis. Neither one of them is stressed. Got mangled and kept right on going.

One of the Bhutanese simply did not dominate and stayed about the size of the hybrids, but it too has foxtailed but clumpy buds, just like in their picture. So two of them have turned out this way and the third that's wispy might have seeds.

Things dry fast here and mostly I have been packing it away and if I can keep my fingers out of it maybe some of it will actually cure.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 11-03-2018, 04:46 PM #136
Satyros

Everyone is finished.

I snagged a few quick dry bits of newer ones. I went to try some Krystalica and it didn't take much since I got high before I hit it.

We'll have to check back with that one because I think there has to be some kind of rule that says you have to take the toke before you get the effect.

So this Bhutanese lemon grass. Here we seem to have one to the head with little to no body effect. It doesn't have Sexbud's brain polish, so, it is probably a little more like what I am used to as cannabis. I would not be surprised if the heavier pieces with a better cure might be disorienting or flighty. It doesn't seem to have the "centered-ness" of Orient Express; perhaps it is more ethereal. Very nice actually.
Satyros is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.