Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Who has legit durban poison?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Who has legit durban poison? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2018, 08:18 AM #181
moses wellfleet

moses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by blays0r View Post
Isn't it true that at this point, most "Durban Poison" is just various combinations of the different strains that float around the area of Durban? By that I mean, it is now nearly impossible to get what was originally bred by that name, pure and stable?
I think the problem is more genetic pollution from hybrid strains from Amsterdam that were introduced to the area over the last 15 years. You can't stop rogue pollen!
moses wellfleet is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:58 AM #182
clearheaded

clearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the roughclearheaded is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedsOfFreedom View Post
I would love to get real Durban. I just ran Dutch Passions Durban , regular and feminized lines. End product was weak in all respects. I probably wont even keep a single mum around out of 2 packs of seeds. Only 1 plant tastes descent and the buzz of all are weak. I'm sure Dutch Passion mixed some Indica in there somewhere(Masterkush?their weak version?). The smoke hardly seems Sativa like, but there are some unique tastes in there(probably from the real Durban coming through?). All in all, I would look past Dutch Passion for this one. Good luck finding the real one,and keep us posted if you do find it. I am sure many people would love to have a legit Durban Poison from seed.
think its not known to be exceptionally terpy, clame to fame is its earlynes. not exceptional potency.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2018, 11:16 AM #183
Far_out

Far_out will become famous soon enoughFar_out will become famous soon enough
thats how Durban poison came to be... From the different landvariety strains melding together , over centuries
That's why you can taste feel smell the Durban in most of the "wild" cannabis in South Africa
Some more some less
And extremely few dead ringers, that will only be kept pure if preserved

The hybrids and other landraces have been mingling here with the local cannabis for way longer then 15 years ....
South Africa is a major trading port not to mention the Dutch have lived here hundreds of years so when Netherlands started that indoor in the 80's
For sure there were Dutch in South Africa organising Seed for S.A

Then with all the harsh laws here it was much easier giving the seeds to a poor black farmer who already had been farming the landrace here at extremely massive risks
When farmer had it ready they would just go pick it up
Very few white people actually grew there own ...

As for the claim to fame ... That's all to do with the happy energising rushy high that's very long lasting with no ceiling
The Dutch passion should just be called poison.... Its nothing like real Durban
Far_out is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:09 PM #184
baduy

baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
When Mel Frank's DP came out ( the one that put the name to fame) it was a rather stocky sativa with spear shaped buds reeking of fennel/aniseed. First releases of Dutch Passion's DP where hybridized with skunk and reworked towards early ripening but did pop regularly the DP pheno which gave a good energetic high, then it turned out they did their repro using the earliest and most productive plants and quickly enough their DP was just a washed out version of skunk with more and more absolutely dull phenos.
Keep an eye on this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307700
The OP has reproduced Afropips line and did recently a (soldout) release. I'm currently testing some and the green pheno so far is the best representation of the plant that gained DP's popularity I've seen in nearly 20 years
baduy is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.