Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Rosin Chips & Already Pressed Hash

Thread Title Search
Rosin Chips & Already Pressed Hash Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2018, 09:07 AM #1
Ronin710

Ronin710 is on a distinguished road
Rosin Chips & Already Pressed Hash

Hey everyone! I've been saving up my Rosin Chips and Already Pressed Hash for over a year now. I've got close to a pound of rosin chips and about a half pound of already pressed hash. I can 100% tell there is resin all over all of the product. I've been thinking of just using a coffee grinder and grinding down all the rosin chips and pre pressed hash. My goal is to make edibles with it but I'm guessing you're starting to see my problem lol. I've got quite a bit of product to work with and can't figure out the best method. I'm a seasoned smoker so I'd definitely like the end result to be potent, not forcing me to eat a ton of edibles. I haven't attempted to make edibles in probably over 10 years so I'm a little ignorant when it comes to what I should be doing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also is there any way of refining something like a coconut oil infused THC concoction? To make it more potent?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Ronin710 is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 01:18 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin710 View Post
Hey everyone! I've been saving up my Rosin Chips and Already Pressed Hash for over a year now. I've got close to a pound of rosin chips and about a half pound of already pressed hash. I can 100% tell there is resin all over all of the product. I've been thinking of just using a coffee grinder and grinding down all the rosin chips and pre pressed hash. My goal is to make edibles with it but I'm guessing you're starting to see my problem lol. I've got quite a bit of product to work with and can't figure out the best method. I'm a seasoned smoker so I'd definitely like the end result to be potent, not forcing me to eat a ton of edibles. I haven't attempted to make edibles in probably over 10 years so I'm a little ignorant when it comes to what I should be doing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Also is there any way of refining something like a coconut oil infused THC concoction? To make it more potent?

Any help, knowledge or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Put the kief back in...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 03:22 PM #3
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
I make edibles with all my rosin chips. Don't grind them up. It just makes a mess. You can see that most of the good stuff is right on the surface anyway.

I tried doing a half pound at a time and it it too much. I found that I had to do it in 1/4 pound batches.

Take 4 oz of chips and put them on a cookie sheet and in the over at 240F for 40 (or however you like to decarb).

Put 2 sticks of unsalted butter in a large crock pot and let it melt. Add chips and enough water to cover them.

Cook for as long as you can. I usually go a full day. I would go 2 but I don't like leaving it on overnight so I get up early and put them on. Then, last thing at night, I strain them. About 10 hours. I stir often because the chips will lay flat on top of each other and they need stirred.

The chips 'melt' so it is very difficult to squeeze the butter out. I am old and fucked up with arthritis so I can not squeeze with my hands. Cheesecloth with 2 sticks in a twisting motion will work. I simply put it in a butter press I made and press it with the same shop press that I use to make the rosin. I usually get 85 to 90% of the butter back this way.

Let it sit overnight and the butter will harden on top.

Drain the water and put the butter in a pan with more water. Heat it up enough to blend it together and then remove from heat and refrigerate to harden again.

Then, wash it again and again until the water comes out clean.

This rosin chip butter is dirty as hell and tastes like shit so you want to get it as clean as possible.

Then, use the butter to make something strong like cinnamon cookies or something else with a pretty strong taste.

I also have extreme tolerance issues and I hate to have to eat an entire tray of brownies just for a buzz. This makes it about as strong as I can with what we have to work with.

Good luck...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:16 PM #4
Bjorn to farm.

Bjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the roughBjorn to farm. is a jewel in the rough
I soaked my rosin pucks in isopropyl for 15 minutes and then made oil.
Bjorn to farm. is online now Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 05:24 PM #5
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
i break up my rosin chips and infuse the oil into food grade vegetable glycerine... the chips are already decarbed from the rosin pressing process... once the glycerine is done you can make all sorts different edibles and drinks.... cause vegetable glycerine is water soluble.... my favorite is gummies
MrBungle is offline Quote