What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where can I get ECSD S1's other than Greenthumb?

Robney

I've heard from a couple people that the Dr. GT ecsd s1s throw out some great representations of ecsd, so I'd check those out. Though be ready to deal with herms and stuff because sour isn't known for being a super stable plant.

The Karma SD will probably be incredible so def grab them when they come out!

Robney

Hey budsicles, I wanna mention something real quick, I have the ecsd clone and I've been trying to get her to really throw out that proper stink, but she's a really hard plant to grow really well, I still haven't got a nice stinky harvest from her yet. If your temps go above mid 70s then it will probably have no real stink to it. Or if she's slightly unhappy there will be no stink to it. She's really fussy and won't put out nice nugget unless you take care of her every need. So unless you're growing out all these crosses in the most perfect environment, you could have already missed a really good rep of the cut just cuz the environment didn't bring out her amazing qualities.

To be 100% honest, I'm thinking of popping sour crosses to see I can find something that isn't as fussy and still puts out the sour flavor.

Robney

I want the headbanger so bad but I don't really feel comfy gettin beans shipped to my spot and last time I asked all my friends said no, but I already feel pretty blessed with being in a legal state so I'm just hoping they pop up at some convention soon. I keep asking vendors who show up to bring them, but it hasn't happened so far. I have a couple RP sour kush fems, and archive's sour face, so I might play with those soon, but I don't have many of those beans so I'm not too keen to pop em just yet. I have a real nice og I found from seed that I'm gonna reverse and hit to the ecsd, make my own headbanger lol, but that's way down the road

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No need to fret ordering seeds.
Get them from a stateside source & don't worry about your friends helping because there is zero customs involved.
AND:
Pop those Sour Kush and Sour Face & make F2s to sort through. You'll get better ECSD representations from the F2s than you would from the F1s AND you'll have plenty of seeds to go through to find those representations. Cross 'em & see how those come out as well. You never know what you'll find in all the excitement!

Burt

Veteran
I wouldn’t hesitate to order beans if I was in a legal state but why not go to the CT genetraders event next February and grab the ECSD clone?
There is a learning curve and you’ll come out the other end successful but scarred
I learned more about growing while she was in my possession than ever before
The hot bitch loves her Cal and Mag so remember that and start a wee bit lighter on nutes at first

Robney

Thanks MJpassion and Burt, maybe I will place an order. I do have the ecsd clone so I'm gonna keep trying to get her to do what she does, just gotta get my temps lower cuz they hang around 80. I'll get around to popping those, but I just don't wanna pop just yet cuz I have a couple chem and sd based genetics I haven't put into flower yet and they might be exactly what I'm looking form, or maybe I'll get ecsd reigned in. Figure save those beans for later if I can't get ecsd to do her thing and those other plants just don't stack up

budsicles

Hey budsicles, I wanna mention something real quick, I have the ecsd clone and I've been trying to get her to really throw out that proper stink, but she's a really hard plant to grow really well, I still haven't got a nice stinky harvest from her yet. If your temps go above mid 70s then it will probably have no real stink to it. Or if she's slightly unhappy there will be no stink to it. She's really fussy and won't put out nice nugget unless you take care of her every need. So unless you're growing out all these crosses in the most perfect environment, you could have already missed a really good rep of the cut just cuz the environment didn't bring out her amazing qualities.

To be 100% honest, I'm thinking of popping sour crosses to see I can find something that isn't as fussy and still puts out the sour flavor.

That's a really good point. I'm sure I've tossed some good phenos in the past because of improper grows. Although I am using cob leds now so temp is fairly easy to control. But my main goal is to create a relatively (for sd) stable seedline that is capable of putting out ecsd-esque plants, both male and female. This way I can spend years working the line and searching for interesting phenos. Headbanger has produced the best quality bud for me, but the line gave me many phenos that were stretchy, and weak stems. It would be nice to have diesel-like plants that are short and bushy with strong stems. Might need to do an outcrossing to something like paradise wappa.

Robney

That's a really good point. I'm sure I've tossed some good phenos in the past because of improper grows. Although I am using cob leds now so temp is fairly easy to control. But my main goal is to create a relatively (for sd) stable seedline that is capable of putting out ecsd-esque plants, both male and female. This way I can spend years working the line and searching for interesting phenos. Headbanger has produced the best quality bud for me, but the line gave me many phenos that were stretchy, and weak stems. It would be nice to have diesel-like plants that are short and bushy with strong stems. Might need to do an outcrossing to something like paradise wappa.

Dude I'm not even saying it's due to an improper grow, I had ecsd in with cookies and glue and they came out stinky as hell with complex, lasting flavor. Every plant looked good throughout the grow and didn't throw any intersex flowers, so I'd assume they were decently happy. She's a super particular plant and if you don't check every box she doesn't come out anywhere near what she can be. I've smoked a lot of ecsd before I started growing and it's one of the most amazing, complex flavors in cannabis. What I grew doesn't compare at all to it. It still has a really nice long high, but that amazing, complex flavor is nowhere to be found.

If you're really looking for a squat, bushy sour diesel I know someone else found exactly that in Dr. GT's ecsd, so you might want to grab a couple packs and hunt for that pheno, don't know if it's a rare one though. Best of luck in your breeding expedition!

mack 10

Veteran
Took me 6 runs to get her dialed.
She a fussy one for sure
But the bud can be amazing good.