What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where can I get ECSD S1's other than Greenthumb?

budsicles

So I've been on the search for a good diesel seedline for years now. Unfortunately, there seems to be few people making ecsd s1...so I have been focusing on outcrosses like Headbanger, Fuel, and Dynamite Diesel. I've found some great plants, but still seeing plenty of influence from the non-diesel parents. Karma talked about making ecsd x headbanger fems which got me super excited...but never saw them released. Dr Greenthumb has his S1 version which I plan to try out, although plenty of people seem to hate him. DNA/Reserva have fem Sour Diesel but I have heard that it is actually a fem outcross....and that Sour Kush is actually better. Cali Connection Sour D gave me a good plant like 5 years ago, but also had phenos with hermie AND autoflowering traits.

So do you know of any relatively credible breeders/chuckers that are currently offering pure Sour Diesel S1?
My top priorities are potency, funky non-sweet smells, and great calyx to leaf ratio.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't care whether people like a certain breeder or not if he has the genetics.

Burt

Veteran
Karmas headbanger is readily available
I’m not a Dr green thumb hater though and his S1 is gonna be just as good as the next pollen chucker’s attempts
I loved my SD IBL even though the breeder is a douche and got Chemdawg locked up via snitching
It’s a shame cause Chem freely shared his cuts of ECSD, chem and her derivatives

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah...

Who cares what other people think about other breeders.
You gotta read the good reviews as well.
I'd never give Swerve my money just based on principal but he's still slangin seeds because 90% of the people growing cannabis aren't in the loop.

budsicles

Thanks, I've been working with headbanger for a couple years now. Have plenty of f2's to go through. I'm planning on doing dr GT s1's despite the hate, but was hoping to add some others for comparison. It's kind of amazing that hardly anyone is selling s1's of one of the most famous strains in cannabis history. Breeders are really sleeping on this one.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My ECSD S1 project was something I worked on for a long time. The results were plants all over the map. Nothing consistent and I ended up binning the project. Maybe that's why there isn't much available, doesn't seem to self well.

Have you looked into Humboldt seeds? They have Amherst Sour Diesel and such.

Burt

Veteran
Amherst SD seeds don’t throw the resin of the true IBL at all. 1 of 2 did resemble the SD a lot though so that is a legit option I guess
The way Rez bred his seeds was by way of a NYCD male even though he loves to shat on virtually every breeder out there.
I found 2 girls in my pack, one was a mutant and the other one was perfect in every way.
What gets me is that the clone is
in every state in the union but being tightly held
Perhaps gene traders Feb event in Mass will have what your looking for
All the best in the quest

pinkus

Veteran
My ECSD S1 project was something I worked on for a long time. The results were plants all over the map. Nothing consistent and I ended up binning the project. Maybe that's why there isn't much available, doesn't seem to self well.

yeah, trying to purify a stellar polyhybrid is like trying to glue back together a broken vase with 100, 000 pieces.

I'd suggest breeders that are Xing it, or going back to what ECSD was made from.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not that I am able to get to a Gene Traders event but would like to know what are the prices there!

Burt

Veteran
I’ll let you know prices in Feb—lol
I was quoted $30 or 4 for $100 but that’s only if your dreads are below your knees
Str8 fam style

budsicles

Have you looked into Humboldt seeds? They have Amherst Sour Diesel and such.

I haven't run Amherst but have run their "Chemdawg" as well as Dinafem Diesel. The keeper Chem smelled like cantaloupe and the keeper Diesel smelled of fresh rubber...like a tire factory. They weren't really what I was looking for though.

What gets me is that the clone is
in every state in the union but being tightly held
Perhaps gene traders Feb event in Mass will have what your looking for
All the best in the quest

Yeah, it's frustrating. That event looks very cool, wish I lived closer. Might need to take a little vacation. Thanks for the tip.

I'd suggest breeders that are Xing it, or going back to what ECSD was made from.

I've thought about this...trying out the family lines used to make it. Seems that according to lore it's (91Chem x MSS/NL) x DNL with DNL being NL/Shiva x Hawaiian. So I've played with numerous chem lines, skunk, and a NL more recently. But none of those had the same desirable characteristics I get from "diesel" lines. What I have never knowingly messed with is hawaiian genetics. You don't really hear much about hawaiian strains in modern times. Also, who knows what the hell the "hawaiian" in the ecsd actually was made from. Or if ecsd even has hawaiian in it. I don't know.

Last edited:

budsicles

This was also just posted in the ecsd thread...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I will say I grew MSS and she does look very similar to ECSD.[/FONT]

So maybe I need to try MSS. I have only played with various sweet skunks and dissimilar hybrids.

Scrappy-doo

ECSD is a bagseed from a plant that was a bagseed of chem91. Vondo, the guy who popped the seed laid it all out in the comments of one of JJ's instagram posts. He suspects it was an RFK that hermied onto the 91 bagseed female but doesn't know for sure.

So chem91 is the grandmother. It's possible Weasel was running MSS alongside and it hermied onto the 91 to make the first bagseed Vondo found. Speculation is all we have until someone puts the MSS into phylos.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bodhi crosses the MSS to his Appalachia male.
That may be another place to look if you can find the seeds.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I’ll let you know prices in Feb—lol
I was quoted $30 or 4 for $100 but that’s only if your dreads are below your knees
Str8 fam style

I put my dreads in the worm farm last January. Ill dig them out. You get me that ecsd clone please.

Thanks!