What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filter placement/exhaust question

When I've posted about them before folks seem to think an inline filter isn't a good option.

But wouldn't the left option be more efficient?

My two flower tents are currently set up like on the right and I'd like to improve efficiency. I only have one exhaust out of the room, so they need to be combined at some point.

Oh, and just to clarify, these drawings aren't literally the way everything is placed. This is just to convey the layout.

(Please forgive my crappy artwork)
attachment.php
[/url]

Attachments

• P1040204.jpg
    P1040204.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Klompen

If you're filtering for smell then you definitely want it on the out flow. If you're filtering for particulate you'll want it on your incoming ventilation. Just make sure your outflow filter has a big enough diameter to allow both of those vent lines to flow freely. If it is constricted you'll need a strong blower and it will definitely raise the noise levels. Personally I'd find one filter system a lot less of a pain than two. On the other hand, if you're sucking the air from the chamber through a filter and then out, you can and should use oversized filters to reduce the flow resistance.