What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk's First Outdoor Run: ACE's Honduras, Ethiopian and Lebanese

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Backlights

Backlights

I find backlight shots really interesting, to see the growth structure.

Ethiopian
I'd say she's 2 weeks ahead in flowering.

Plant is asymmetric, heavy fototropism, hast 70% more branches on the better irradiated side.

The Ethiopian male is the only with weedy scent of the bunch (if you're near).

picture.php

Honduras
picture.php

Couldn't resist ;)

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thank you Tangwena! Read a lot on your thread, none of my picks were random :biggrin:

I hope to get a good crop and be really busy cobbing!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Update

Update

Revegged Zamaldelica
Zamaldelica has been repotted tp 190L/52gal smartpot.

She liked it, greened up the next day and started spreading her looong legs...

Panama Haze
Panama Haze put the pedal to the metal as can be seen: bear in mind zam's smartpot is way bigger diameter wise but height is the same. It's level, if not taller, and as wide than her now.

I would be surprised if she doesn't surpass the nearby 2m-tall fence height by mid next week gauging by the rate she grows, duplicating her size each three days.

picture.php

picture.php

Ethiopian
Ethiopian is vigorously flowering.

Distinctive bluish hue on the dark green fan leaves color.

There's older growth with burnt leaf tips (tiny) possibly when she reached the "thicker" bottom soil with bat guano, etc. But new growth is spotless. Same goes to the Honduras, which barely has hairs only on apical tops.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Honduras
Regarding the slight clawing and burnt tips that saw on Ethiopian, the same happened to the Honduras after repotting.

Early flowering yet, has hairs only on apical tops for now.

She's a pale lime-green color, but its been like that since the beggining, guess it's a pheno trait..

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I checked all pots soil PH (next to the stem):

attachment.php

So far there were only two girls outside 6,5-6.8 range: zamaldelica (as her core is 100% coco) and... Lebanese (6.2). All the rest were 6.6-6.8.

Lebanese
Will check her again this afternoon, I watered her with 1/2 TBS pulverized dolomite lime dissolved on 5gal bucket yesterday.

My reasoning: replenishing it as buffer agent, as possibly the Leb consumed all of it, due to the time being in her pot, and to use plain RO... if there's no excess, "remnant" dolomite lime in the pot, there won't be any buffer action.

Shes is getting bigger. Colas are bigger (foxtails are longer). Some colas started to get a brown-purplish hue, possibly from the dead hairs.

So as always... Dubi was right (PH balance broken on the Lebanese pot), possibly due to what MJPassion pointed out: lack of Cal/Mag balance.

Adding a pinch of epsom on each bucket now.

Should receive Lactic Acid bacteria concentrate this week. Will use it with her as soon as I receive, as I think the best route to go on organics/soil is using bacteria/microbes to take care of a healthy root ball ecosystem on their own.

Panama Haze
On a different note, I'm really digging the Diatomaceous earth to contain grasshoppers on the Panama Haze... just "salt" the canopy with it and they will be gone somewhere else...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks farmerlion!

Been dissolving leonardite every three waterings.

Lactic Acid Bacteria
I received the Lactic Acid Bacteria, and used 15ml/20L to water all the plants.

Just RO water + the Lactic Acid Bacteria, nothing else.

Some references (remove the s in https):

- Ready Made: Kanne Bottrunk Thank you c64! (see c64 Salted Coconut thread)

- Home Made: https://culturalhealingandlife.com....inputs-section-1-lab-or-lactic-acid-bacteria/ Thank You Sticky Sat!

RO Reservoir
Dunno why but water in the RO reservoir was becoming acidic. I tried adding like 1 TBS dolomite lime to the tank yesterday, and today it had a stable PH7.

The Girls
Both honduras and Ethiopian show that they starved for food just as they were expressing sex, some "old" half/yellowed leaves.

All new growth though, has a nice green now, a paler lime-green on the Honduras case.

I have collected some Ethiopian pollen, will have some Honduras soon.

I left some balls on a couple males tops, and just let them to open pollinize the Lebanese... I think she's to far into flowering to get pollinated at all, and the rest are too early.

Once I take down the Lebanese, I'll cull the males.

I was wrong BTW, the stinker is the Honduras, not the Ethiopian male.

Honduras is taller than Ethiopian now, both around 3m+/12'

Ethiopian seems to be entering the end of early flowering a good 2-3 weeks ahead vs Honduras.

Zamaldelica
Had a problem with Revegged Zam soil acidity. Possibly due to the coco core/soil pot. Hope the LAB helps. She's the most advanced into early flowering right now, new growth is becoming greener.

Will try some epsom spraying to green her up in the meanwhile (root ball becomes healthy again).

Panama Haze
Really Vigorous and green, really big, nice leaves. "Mean" Tropical Sativa Hybrid looks.
picture.php

Will take pictures of everything soon.

dugzy

Thanks dugzy! Definitely, really unique traits... kind of "Martian" pheno :biggrin:

Ducksfoot leaves from seed, basil-like sugar leaves, foxtailing from top to bottom, and now this purpling... a beauty.

Have tasted "red leb hash" (easily available around, plus "paki" or pakistani black), though I rarely/never do commercial hash as invariably sends me into disphoria.

Unless they overripe (or more probable, cut it), I doubt is coming from a sativa, which is a rare trend in Southern Spain (not in Canary Islands, where I grew up, where Sativas are/were the trend...)

Sorry repuk i am forgetting which thread i am in but the Leb is here so i hope its cool. Your sativa plants are beautys loving the warm climate and will deliver some really good effects i am sure.

I have visited the Canary Islands and suspected there were some nice older type plants grown there but i met too few native people there to really get around to raising the subject.

Smooth sailing towards harvest mate!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: dugzy!

dugzy said:
I would patent that before Elon Musk gets a hold of it

:laughing: hahahah

I think you first saw it on the ACE Lebanese strain thread :)

This is my first outdoor grow and I'm blissed!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Proper space weed! Martian pheno haha i love it. I would patent that before Elon Musk gets a hold of it :biggrin:

Sorry repuk i am forgetting which thread i am in but the Leb is here so i hope its cool. Your sativa plants are beautys loving the warm climate and will deliver some really good effects i am sure.

I have visited the Canary Islands and suspected there were some nice older type plants grown there but i met too few native people there to really get around to raising the subject.

Smooth sailing towards harvest mate!

Ah... strain hunting. Love it.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I thought Sativas happened to be a trend back when growing up in Canary Islands... but no, seems to be a Sativa Culture... it is still the trend for any Cannabis lover or coinousseur. Cannabis = Sativa.

Remember spotting plants even on (roads) traffic aisles... or on Banana fields...

I have family and friends there, but for interesting Sativa hunting, I'm afraid you have to know someone in the right circle.

If I remember correctly the Canary Giant Haze took 9-10months in flower... started flowering in Feb, finishing in Oct/Nov... I'm afraid that won't grow in any other part of the world from Canary Islands, 21C average all year round.

dugzy

I thought Sativas happened to be a trend back when growing up in Canary Islands... but no, seems to be a Sativa Culture... it is still the trend for any Cannabis lover or coinousseur. Cannabis = Sativa.

Remember spotting plants even on (roads) traffic aisles... or on Banana fields...

I have family and friends there, but for interesting Sativa hunting, I'm afraid you have to know someone in the right circle.

If I remember correctly the Canary Giant Haze took 9-10months in flower... started flowering in Feb, finishing in Oct/Nov... I'm afraid that won't grow in any other part of the world from Canary Islands, 21C average all year round.

Very interesting to read you on the Canary Island sativa culture, i understand and respect why they would keep their plants private or closely guarded. So close to Africa really and Indica types would not cope with the humid air that rolls in off the ocean.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Canary people is very open, sociable and generous, the problem is... there are seven isles (jewels!) and even inside each of them there are a thousand plots/rural houses you won't find in ages, not because they hide.

I'm sure if you ever met the right person, and he recognizes a true cannabis lover, having seeds (or green!) won't be a problem. The problem is finding that person! :biggrin: Canary people is very spiritual…

A least that's my spirit, share and pass on, too precious to pretend to "own". Fairness always.

It sounds logical most landrace ancestors are from African heritage, but... don't forget Canary Islands are a neutral harbor (no taxes) which have been trading/importing from (South)America since Columbus... with a special "brotherhood" with Venezuela, so there will be South America genes on landrace for sure.

dugzy

The few folk i met were so warm and friendly, a great experience even though my Spanish is very limited. I have alot to ask and say but perhaps it is ok to message you when i am able?

Excellent points about trading routes that you bring up repuk, i did not consider that but yes you are spot on. Very interesting things to think about on a sunday morning!

Latest posts

Latest posts