What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

ambertrichome

Veteran
Skunk is a cross though, and RKS is but 1 phenotype. But you can be sure it all reeks in 1 way, ot another, and there is NO SWEET SKUNK in TNF Sk18

There are also CHEESE, Garlic, and Onions, Gas, Chemical acrid funk, body odor, and a combination therof.

The ONE x 85 RKS/Uruapan would also be 1 I would look into.

I also wouldn't discount that Swami, who Clackamas COOT got his genetics DIRECTLY from BOEL are probably related somewhere along the line to Uncle Festers.

Swami has real deal Columbian Red/Gold/Mazar, Acapulco Gold, Guerrero. Not all of it available, and of which Originally SK is Columbian Red/Gold Acapulco x MAZAR. He has all of the building blocks.

Its well known that BOEL, messed with the Club 81 Angels in the 60s, and if BOEL had all these genetics in the 60s, and Uncle Fester was working on marijuana strains in the 60s, its about a no brainer he would be getting genetics from the biggest weed, and hash smugglers of their time, especially considering BOEL were regulars at THE FARM in Norcal in the 60s.

The Sk18 is just an Inversion of Hells Angels Club 81. They don't want to infringe on the 81 designation, but its also telling the 81 Club/HELLs ANGELS doesn't fuck with Nature Farm for using Hells Angels, and Uncle Fester in the ads.

The 8 in 81 Club stands for H, and the 1 is for A Thus HA. AKA. HELLS ANGELS.

Also something really, really interesting about the Sk18 Ive not seen vs any other strain.

The TERPENE PROFILE.

The Nature Farm had the SK18 Phylos Tested, and also had the Terpenes Analyzed.

They came up with some wild SCIENTIFIC FACTS FOR THIS STUFF to say it mildly.

1st off try finding a strain that has 000 Limonene/Myrcene

Sk18 has 000000 Limonene/Myrcene.

Sk18s main Terpene is a Terpene usually not found in 99,99999% of all strains that have been tested. Thousands.

Isopulegol os the #1 Terpene in Sk18, and is very rare. Makes up 92.7% of the profile. Bisabolol is next, and is also rare.

So the Sk18 has a very unique terpene profile vs modern genetics. Ive looked at probably 1000 terpene profiles, and found none like Sk18.

isopulegol
Isopulegol, the chemical precursor to menthol, is a terpene found in cannabis that is known not just for its minty smell, but also for its anxiolytic, gastroprotective and anti-convulsive properties. In 2007, researchers decided to study the behavioral effects of isopulegol in animal models which showed its potential depressant and anxiolytic properties. It could very well be deduced that cannabis strains high in isopulegol are more likely to have a relaxing effect on medical marijuana patients. Two years later, more research was �published and claimed that in addition to reducing stress, isopulegol could be used to treat chronic seizures. Isopulegol has also been found to prolong the latency of seizures and decrease the mortality rate of mice suffering from seizures by modulating GABA receptors.� Another study published in 2009 also proved that this terpenoid could be used for its anti-inflammatory and gastroprotective properties. This study, which was again completed on mice, showed that isopulegol "presents significant gastroprotective effects in both ethanol- and indomethacin-induced ulcer models."

Last edited:

Digger102

Thank you very much for all the information ambertrichome! I sent off for the Guerrero a few days ago, I'll either start them as soon as they get here or late next Spring for a Fall/early Winter harvest. Dont you have a few packs of the Skunk 18? Have you run or started any yet? I'd like to follow your thread if you have one. And do you have an idea of when the next drop will be? I know the website says September 2018, but beginning, mid or end. Also how much were the packs?

ambertrichome

Veteran
I do have several packs of the Sk18.

I myself am not growing at the moment, but I give 2 buddies seeds to grow out, and they let me have the product at a good price. These 2 guys have been my cohorts since the early 80s.

Don't know exactly when TNF will drop their stuff. Soon though.

Usually costs $80 USD a pack.

My 1 buddy will start either the Sk18, or the NL5 x Sk18, and a pack of Dominion Seed Company Local Skunk.

Digger102

Good luck with them! $80 a pack isnt bad, considering how expensive some lines are going for. It allows regular working folk to buy a few packs and do a legitimate hunt. I read Swami was saying if you ran about 30 of the Purple Zebra x RKS beans, you should find at least 1 of the RKS plants. Of course thats no guarantee, but thats actually pretty good odds, and dont talk about if you get lucky and find it in the first 5 or 10 beans you run. LOL

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
RKS never was a stabilized line. Only 1 of many phenotype to be found.

Swamis RKS Male is a hybrid of a 1985 RKS Female clone they took to Michoacán and hybridized it for 30+ years, and it still doesn't throw a majority of RKS phenos.

People on Instagram, and other places are finding RKS phenotypes in these lines with the RKS/Michoacán Male but there are also many plants that are very rank skunk, but there are several phenotypes to be found.
The Nature Farm also has RKS cuts, and is trying to incorporate into a more consistent rank type phenos

Im also not speaking of his Sk18 either. He says for RKS he has better plants vs the Sk18, but the Sk18 is the original genetics to Skunk. Sk18 does have RKS, they are just not common.

Nature farm has old Super Skunk cuts, Black Domina, PNW Hashplant, Lebanese HP, Nepali HP, 89 NL5, 84 NL5, 1979 Romulan, and a whole shit load of others , but just doesn't have them in seed form. Nature Farm guy has more elite cuts that Ive ever seen anyone have, and he posts them. He says he has over 200, and access to many more.

He supplied the 1995 Black Domina cut that won last years 2017 Humboldt Cup, and is also the same cut he supplied to Bob Hemphill of Coastal Seeds/EQgenetics. TNF also supplied them with the original 79 Romulan cut.

Dominion Seed Company is also on the hunt for stabilizing an RKS line, and have many phenos that reek like a MoFo of rotten skunk, and garlic, and onions.
The mother of the Dominion Skunk is called. POLECAT. Just sayin???

All I can tell you is also of this stuff reeks like none other of skunk, and rank funk. It may not be 100% RKS, but I can promise you, it can be smelled all the way down the block if you don't take precautions, and it is NOT a Sweet Floral Smell.

Tried out corpse flower. They robbed cart and gave it to someone else within hours.

ambertrichome

Veteran
If its in the cart, and you haven't paid for it, and someone loads it into the cart, and pays for it, you lose.

Same thing happened to me on the 1st release of the Sk18. I had a few packs loaded up in the cart, and I went shopping for more strains, and while fiddle fucking around, someone beat me to them. Lesson learned was pay for them as soon as possible. Some people load stuff up on carts, and never pay for them, thus tying up the sales. So if they aint payed for, theyre fair game.

I just got the last pack of Weasel Skunk. I wanted 3 but theyre gone now.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Something about the policy needs adjusted. It essentially gives big spenders the ability to swoop up anything special in the time it takes me to look up the linegae of a few crosses and buy a money order. Sure I could have finalized order then left but original plan was to maybe buy a few more packs.

I guess next time something good drops I can fill my cart with some of everything and finish purching and then just send in money order for a few of them.

I see the point. Just needs adjusted . Not all of us can up buy them all right away. Maybe limit the amount any one person can purchase of a strain per day.

Either way I was going out on a limb buying from a company I know nothing about. I hope I like what I chose if you guys did not sell it to someone else before money arrives.

ambertrichome

Veteran
You Guys??

I have 00 to do with any company. Just a buyer, and bringer of genetic news if I find something I thinks worth getting.

Im sure the stuff you just bought, you went through the buying process?? Put it in the cart, paid for it ??? Filled out all pertinent info??.. and then sent the Item #with all info in an envelope ??

As soon as you commit to buy it with the Payment Process, anyone other than you trying to get it is SOL, and takes that pack off the market. You committed to pay for it. It now wont be sold to anyone else.

If payment isn't sent within a certain amount of time?? They will be put back up for sale.

That's how I got my first packs of the Sk18 last year. They were Sold Out.... Someone didn't pay for several packs, and they went back up for sale. I saw them, and bought them.
I had some NL5/Sk18 in my cart last year. Fiddle fucked around, and went to pay for them, and they were gone. Man it was only 3 minutes too.

Digger102

I believe its first come first serve via the mail. If they only accept cash and m.o. how does the cart reserve anything for you? I missed out also on the Sk18 OP's. Hey ambertrichome, can you find out when the next drop is? I posted couple times on his IG and sent a message an no replies. It's been a couple days.

EvilCartman

I believe its first come first serve via the mail. If they only accept cash and m.o. how does the cart reserve anything for you?.

As long as they don't oversell the stock, it holds it for you. (for a reasonable amount of time)

I had no issue with their purchase system. Grabbed one of the last two packs of sk18 OP, the last time it dropped. Sent payment, got beans. I'm no big spender...but I do send payment asap. :tiphat:

ambertrichome

Veteran
I believe its first come first serve via the mail. If they only accept cash and m.o. how does the cart reserve anything for you? I missed out also on the Sk18 OP's. Hey ambertrichome, can you find out when the next drop is? I posted couple times on his IG and sent a message an no replies. It's been a couple days.

Its probably going to be a while. If you want skunk, I suggest you swoop on the Red Eye Skunk. Its original SSSC Sk1 x Sk18..

I would also keep watch, and see if he relists anything, because when people don't pay by a certain time, he'll put them back up for sale. Some will push the buy it now, but never send payments. That's how I got my Sk18 last time.

Scrappy-doo

The mother for his Coffin Skunk he said is almost an exact match to one of his SK18 moms used in the OP. That's probably the closest you're gonna get if you missed out. He said he's probably not gonna release the sk18 lines again so getem while you can.

Digger102

Its probably going to be a while. If you want skunk, I suggest you swoop on the Red Eye Skunk. Its original SSSC Sk1 x Sk18..

I would also keep watch, and see if he relists anything, because when people don't pay by a certain time, he'll put them back up for sale. Some will push the buy it now, but never send payments. That's how I got my Sk18 last time.

Ok, thanks!!

The mother for his Coffin Skunk he said is almost an exact match to one of his SK18 moms used in the OP. That's probably the closest you're gonna get if you missed out. He said he's probably not gonna release the sk18 lines again so getem while you can.

Didnt know that about possibly not releasing them again! Thanks for the heads up!

Scrappy-doo

I should correct that. He said this was 'maybe' the last drop of pure sk18 or there may be one more. Can't blame the guy though he's had flame coming from all directions for doing this work.

Digger102

I should correct that. He said this was 'maybe' the last drop of pure sk18 or there may be one more. Can't blame the guy though he's had flame coming from all directions for doing this work.

He sure did catch a lot of shit for it! And was one of the few breeders I saw that stuck to the timeline and dropped when they said they would.

CarolinGuy

Hello all,read through most of this thread and was just wondering what version of Uncle Fester's I picked up from Great Lakes Genetics a few months ago. I got one pack of Uncle Fester 18 BX1. I popped 5 and got 2 females.Cloned both and am now about 4 weeks into flower with it. They were freebies so nothing lost but I know nothing about this strain. We did have the RKS in this area some years ago and the guy that was growing it(Hankster The Gangster)made High Times but he's been dead and gone for a long time. Is the #18 where the RKS came from and just what does the BX1 stand for. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Buckeyebandit

Hello all,read through most of this thread and was just wondering what version of Uncle Fester's I picked up from Great Lakes Genetics a few months ago. I got one pack of Uncle Fester 18 BX1. I popped 5 and got 2 females.Cloned both and am now about 4 weeks into flower with it. They were freebies so nothing lost but I know nothing about this strain. We did have the RKS in this area some years ago and the guy that was growing it(Hankster The Gangster)made High Times but he's been dead and gone for a long time. Is the #18 where the RKS came from and just what does the BX1 stand for. Thanks in advance for any answers.

You more than likely got 8th ave genetics(comacus) . I have the same ones but a lot of xs with x18. No skunky roadkill so far for me. I did find this in the Afghan skunk x x18

picture.php

ambertrichome

Veteran
I just gave my buddy a pack of The Nature farm...Corpse Flower....90s MassSuperSkunk x Sk18 OP... and a pack of the Weasel Skunk... Weasel Cut Diesel x Sk18...Cant wait for these. He started a pack of the Weasel last night, and when those germinate, and he transplants them out of a small flat, he will start the others. Probably 10 days or less.

Latest posts

Latest posts