What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo)

ULMW

Excellent stuff Buddy! Glad to see both look so healthy and happy. I know they are in good hands and optimum conditions will be provided and strived for thruout the grow.
See you soon. Happy growing!

ULMW

Hi FinFarmer,

Your plants are growing really fast since your previous updates :)
With your 15 years of experience of growing in hydroponics i have little advise to give you regarding your growing media, but your plants talk by themselves, they are growing healthy and fast, and seems that they like the EC levels you are providing them.

The temps are also in the correct range, and as you correctly pointed out these sativas genetics deal very well with the high temps, although a bit fresher temps are recommended in the second part of the flowering to improve their resin production and flower density.

Btw, with Zamaldelica, Malawi and Bangi Congo x Panama in your line up you will be experience a good range of different high quality sativas from our catalog :yes:

Thanks Dubi !!!
Hope the results from hydro help some of the Ace supporters that may use this medium and those using it but not knowing how to grow sativas using it. Either way we hope to provide some data for all.
Happy growing!

FinFarmer

Hi FinFarmer,

Your plants are growing really fast since your previous updates :)
With your 15 years of experience of growing in hydroponics i have little advise to give you regarding your growing media, but your plants talk by themselves, they are growing healthy and fast, and seems that they like the EC levels you are providing them.

The temps are also in the correct range, and as you correctly pointed out these sativas genetics deal very well with the high temps, although a bit fresher temps are recommended in the second part of the flowering to improve their resin production and flower density.

Btw, with Zamaldelica, Malawi and Bangi Congo x Panama in your line up you will be experience a good range of different high quality sativas from our catalog :yes:

Hello Dubi,

I too think the plants grow as they should in this stage in these conditions provided.
I'm "more is less" kind of guy concerning nutrients especially dealing with DWC. I normally give about a half of the recommended dosages of nutrients for big plants. At least with Advanced Nutrients.

Even though I have executed more that few grows past years, I'm not nearly "ready" yet. My goal is to be able to let the genes determine the outcome. Meaning I'll try not to restrict the genotypes too much on my own mistakes.

I think that the growing media is only one part of the story, so I'm very thankful for any help I can get, especially if comes from the breeder of particular strain. :tiphat:

I will try to drop temps at least for the last third of flowering period. Hopefully winter will be cold, that really helps a lot.

I'm sure these three Sativas will provide me and my friends very happy times! I'm also sure these won't be the last ones from your kind company.

FinFarmer

Excellent stuff Buddy! Glad to see both look so healthy and happy. I know they are in good hands and optimum conditions will be provided and strived for thruout the grow.
See you soon. Happy growing!

Thanks ULWM!

They do grow really fast now. It has been couple of days when I took to pics and they're way bigger already. I'm going to be in trouble with these ladies :)

See you!

FinFarmer

Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 day 15 of flowering

Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 day 15 of flowering

Ok, small update.
It has been 15 days 12/12 now with Malawi and BCP.
Taller one with less branching is Bangi Congo...
Little bit smaller with more branches in Malawi.

Both plants looks pretty healthy and they're growing as suspected.
Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 is taller, but that's no surprise because I haven't top is as I did with Malawi.

I'm hoping wether would get colder soon because plants in generative stage really do like the difference in temperatures between "night" and "day". Temperature changes combined 660nm and 730nm red and far red wavelengths will direct plants energy to flowering.

I'm still using vegetative stage "sensi grow" nutes + Canna Buffer agent for extra CalMag. My tap water is 0,1 EC aka super soft.
I will start using Sensi Bloom + AN Nirvana + Buffer Agent as soon as flowering starts properly. I think flowering is little bit delayed because I had to force plants to flower before they were completely ready.
I believe that shouldn't be a problem with sativas. With indicas that might make plants to "freak out" a bit.

When the plants will stop their growth spurt I will take few branches of and some leaves if needed. I cannot let these girls to grow as big horizontally as possible because of my limited space. Quality over quantity.

Sorry for the "not so great" quality of the pictures. I have to use my old compact camera. I don't want to keep any pictures in my phone or SLR camera. Also the space is small and difficult to take good pictures.

Ok, that's it for now. Happy growing!

Attachments

• 200W COB LED.
Blue, cool white, warm white and red.

...should be about full spectrum....
    200W COB LED. Blue, cool white, warm white and red. ...should be about full spectrum....
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
  • M.jpg
    M.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 11
  • m3
    m3
    80.1 KB · Views: 15

ULMW

Lovely development. They are all looking super happy. Niceness! Happy growing ! See you soon..

deepwaterdude

I like your modular frames for each plant; gives nice structure and moveability. very healthy looking too, keep the pics coming!

FinFarmer

I like your modular frames for each plant; gives nice structure and moveability. very healthy looking too, keep the pics coming!

Thanks deepwaterdude!

I have done these kind of frames for years and they seem to work nicely. Good moveability indeed as you mentioned.
Sometimes I've added small scrog nets to the frames.

Nowadays I prefer to use scrog with my "big" RDWC (9 plants). Unfortunately these Ace's Sativas have way longer flowering period than my other more Indica dominant varieties (Green Crack, God Bud etc), so I have to keep them in a separate buckets.

I will soon move Malawi and BCP to another room where hopefully I'll get better pictures. I will post some pictures today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest of my grow DWD!

deepwaterdude

'tis literally my pleasure to see what you got going, and to my benefit:tiphat: Your girls are very healthy in dwc, and that always piques my curiosity;) What nutes are you running? happy growing!

FinFarmer

'tis literally my pleasure to see what you got going, and to my benefit:tiphat: Your girls are very healthy in dwc, and that always piques my curiosity;) What nutes are you running? happy growing!

I'm happy if I can help in any way!

I have grown in NFT, Aero (or Aero/Hydro, home build system), Drip feed and DWC + RDWC. I have found that DWC/RWDC gives me the best results still being reliable. Aero was productive also, but it was extra unreliable and gave me some gray hair.

I use Advanced nutrients Sensi Grow/Bloom "two" part base nutrients. In veg stage I also use Canna buffer agent (CalMag) that soon will be called CalMag agent.
In generative phase I also give some Buffer agent and AN Nirvana.
Many times I also give GHE Ripen for the last week before flush. I don't like GHE too much nowadays for obvious reasons.
I sometimes flush with AN Flawless finish and sometimes just plain water.

Less is more, I think, especially with DWC.
AN Sensi says 4ml/L of water for proper sized plants, but I almost never exceed 2ml/L.

Thanks for interest of my grow!

FinFarmer

Bangi Congo... and Malawi day 22 12/12

Bangi Congo... and Malawi day 22 12/12

Small update.

Ok, so I changed the nutrients today from Sensi Grow to Sensi Bloom. Still using Canna Buffer Agent also and AN Nirvana, and probable will continue to do so for pretty much till the end.
I got some Silver Bullet Root for a test, but I haven't tried it yet with my Ace seeds ladies.
I have used it for my other plants for about 5 days now. Hard to tell is there any benefits yet. It is sterilizing agent, containing H2O2 and silver.

In the pictures Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 has bigger "buds" and it has less branches. BCP has developed little bit of resin and it smells pretty nice, not fruity as many times resin smell at this stage.
Hard to describe. I can already tell it will produce quite hard buds if nothing unexpected happens. Unexpected things happens every time.

Malawi is the on with more Sativa looking flowers. Not yet resin but I'm not worried at all. It is going to produce less dense buds than BCP, but dense buds doesn't tell much to be honest.
I've been wrong before and my plan is to continue to do so in future also.

Still using only Viparspectra LEDs because temperatures won't allow me to use My precious Gavita 6/750 DE lights. They're great by the way.
Dear winter, I'm ready for you. My plants would appreciate cold and dry air.

Temps around 26°C
Humidity about 63% (it will raise when the plants keeps growing). When the temps go down I will be able to use dehumidifier.

Haven't started to use CO2 tank, but will do so soon. Now CO2 is about 500ppm.

pH is about 6.

I must have forgotten something I was supposed to write...

Attachments

• BCP.jpg
    BCP.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 11
  • BCPClose.jpg
    BCPClose.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11
  • M.jpg
    M.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
  • MClose.jpg
    MClose.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Together.jpg
    Together.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11

FinFarmer

New gadget

New gadget

Here's my new "brains" for the HPS lights. Gavita Master Controller EL1.

My grow room height is an issue. The room height is only little over 2 meters, so many times heat from the lamps can make canopy too hot and that's one thing I really don't want. Hopefully this controller will help me out in this issue.

Main reason why I bought this device is that it has temperature sensor that has capability to lower the power of lights if the temperature gets too hot.

I will post some comments on this device when I have used it for some time.

Attachments

• LP1.jpg
    LP1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 13

ULMW

Small update.

Ok, so I changed the nutrients today from Sensi Grow to Sensi Bloom. Still using Canna Buffer Agent also and AN Nirvana, and probable will continue to do so for pretty much till the end.
I got some Silver Bullet Root for a test, but I haven't tried it yet with my Ace seeds ladies.
I have used it for my other plants for about 5 days now. Hard to tell is there any benefits yet. It is sterilizing agent, containing H2O2 and silver.

In the pictures Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 has bigger "buds" and it has less branches. BCP has developed little bit of resin and it smells pretty nice, not fruity as many times resin smell at this stage.
Hard to describe. I can already tell it will produce quite hard buds if nothing unexpected happens. Unexpected things happens every time.

Malawi is the on with more Sativa looking flowers. Not yet resin but I'm not worried at all. It is going to produce less dense buds than BCP, but dense buds doesn't tell much to be honest.
I've been wrong before and my plan is to continue to do so in future also.

Still using only Viparspectra LEDs because temperatures won't allow me to use My precious Gavita 6/750 DE lights. They're great by the way.
Dear winter, I'm ready for you. My plants would appreciate cold and dry air.

Temps around 26°C
Humidity about 63% (it will raise when the plants keeps growing). When the temps go down I will be able to use dehumidifier.

Haven't started to use CO2 tank, but will do so soon. Now CO2 is about 500ppm.

pH is about 6.

I must have forgotten something I was supposed to write...[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427488&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427489&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427487&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427486&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427490&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Rocking it FinFarmer!!! Glad to see the girls looking so well. See you soon
Happy Growing!

FinFarmer

Here's my new "brains" for the HPS lights. Gavita Master Controller EL1.

My grow room height is an issue. The room height is only little over 2 meters, so many times heat from the lamps can make canopy too hot and that's one thing I really don't want. Hopefully this controller will help me out in this issue.

Main reason why I bought this device is that it has temperature sensor that has capability to lower the power of lights if the temperature gets too hot.

I will post some comments on this device when I have used it for some time.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=427769&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Too soon, too soon.
As soon as I turned LEDs (all together 1800W, little over 800 true Watts) off and let the HPS's ( adjusted to max 600W X 2) take over temperature climbed from 26°C to 30°C. Well it took about 15 minutes to do so.

Later then.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi FinFarmer,

Nice new toy :) the digital environment controllers are a must for advanced indoor growers who want to have the temps and ventilation in the proper range :yes:

Really nice to see the new Bangi Congo x Panama so advanced. Thanks for the updates!

FinFarmer

Hi FinFarmer,

Nice new toy :) the digital environment controllers are a must for advanced indoor growers who want to have the temps and ventilation in the proper range :yes:

Really nice to see the new Bangi Congo x Panama so advanced. Thanks for the updates!

Hi dubi,

It sure is a nice toy! And you're right it is very helpful gadget, especially because my grow room is only 2m tall and that makes growing constant battle of keeping parameters in check. I think this device will help.

I will post more pictures on weekend form the plants.
Thanks for the interest!

:tiphat: