What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I find growing fairly easy. I have been growing plants since I was little. Definitely got a green thumb.

The hard part is consistency. That's where I put in the most work. This environment peaked about 3 months ago(after 3 cycles) and now whatever goes in there comes out perfect. Machine like top shelf.

My second test flower zone is almost there. Took all the same gear and plants. Yields were about half!! Different source water. So now we truck well water down there weekly. Plants responded within 24hrs. They look like mine again.

I intend to formulate a base micro nute profile that exactly matches my well. Then I can share my water with you all.

RO is total crap next to my well. Well is 200ppm of S, Mg and CaCO3.
And as you can see...it produces loony plants.

Hey Shroom, can you elaborate a bit on the water difference between your two sites? 50% difference yield is huge. The new site was using RO? (I always thought RO plus cal mag was the way to go). Like your well water my tap is 200ppm.

Junk

Hey Shroom, can you elaborate a bit on the water difference between your two sites? 50% difference yield is huge. The new site was using RO? (I always thought RO plus cal mag was the way to go). Like your well water my tap is 200ppm.

I'm curious as well.

I used to use RO water and I was having trouble occasionally with ph swings. Something about the RO process seems to make it less stable. I didn't have that problem before RO. Now I just bubble the chlorine out for 24 hours and use it that way. and the PH is rock solid. Literally never had the issue again. All I really want removed from the water is the chlorine. The minerals etc, it feels silly to me to remove all the them, only to replace it again. I also use the DH water.

That's not what Mush is talking about, but I figured I would add it in. I actually prefer non-ro water in the hydro rig. I also don't have to adjust the PH in the hydro rig this way. I don't mess with it at all. The coco, I still have to ph down a bit, but the nutes are different.

Rondon

0.2 to 0.3 EC starting tap water typical of most city municipal waters is ideal for most popular brand base nutrient fertilizers. By typical I mean a tap thats in that range and mostly comprised of calcium/magnesium carbonates and of course the chlorine. About 7.5 pH. Of course it varies but east of the Mississippi River cities..its typical. Well waters..small town water & you growers out west can have some ridiculous crap in your tap. Some desert towns basically have unbalanced nutrient solution right out the tap. Nasty shit.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Site B is my media free test site. Growth setup is aeroponic in nature so growth etc should be insane. The water there was city water. 63 TDS pH 7.1 so we ran it as normal.

The flowers are the same size so all looked well. But they did not hold mass. 1.25 per light.
So I thought bump the cal mag as that's mostly whats in the well. Second run same story no mass after drying.

Third run I switched strain. A real heavy hitter. Well we defoliated plants on well water at 6am. Then at 8am defoliated the test site. Same strain, same stock. The difference in flower size was so obvious. We drove to the well, filled up water and went back to do a water change.

Tender called the next morning over joyed. Plants turned "on".

So its the exact make up of well plus my base nutes. Base nutes alone are shit lol. Meaning I will get accurate well analysis and replicate it indefinitely.

My plants look good right? It's the damn well.

So I plan on doing RO. And adding elements to exactly replicate my well. Once I know the amounts it will be a so easy.

DiverDave

Great thread

Great thread

It took me 3 days to read all of this thread.
I have learned so much and am waiting to see what happens next.:tiphat:

I have subscribed and gave you a top 5
wish I could have giving you a straight up 10

Great grow and really inspiring photos too.

DiverDave in Guam

mushroombrew

Veteran
It took me 3 days to read all of this thread.
I have learned so much and am waiting to see what happens next.:tiphat:

I have subscribed and gave you a top 5
wish I could have giving you a straight up 10

Great grow and really inspiring photos too.

DiverDave in Guam

Thats great glad you enjoyed it. Diver? I was a scuba instructor in Hawaii for 10 years. Didnt smoke then at all. Always had to find picky smokers to critique my flowers. Weird right?!

gorilla ganja

My buddies well water is, believe it or not about 800 PPM and his plants love it. I keep asking him to get it tested to see what is in it, but whatever it is the plants like it.

Peace GG

mushroombrew

Veteran
My buddies well water is, believe it or not about 800 PPM and his plants love it. I keep asking him to get it tested to see what is in it, but whatever it is the plants like it.

Peace GG

Damn what color is it? There are some bad spots near farms where nitrates leach into wells. And yes plants love it. But it sucks in flower plants are too dark. I am nitrate free so mine is potable. I think its 75ppm of N as a max for potable mine is 0.

Easy7

Veteran
Depends on the aquifer.

Our muni water is lime aquifer. Our country farm water is high sulfer, high iron.

Blazeee

Veteran
I just finished catching up on the last 30 pages or so of your thread.

Really great work mate, that vertical wall of buds looked crazy, same with that og table you had on the go.

So much great info in this thread really makes me want to switch up my style of growing.

The size of those elmers glue buds you posted from the last run were insane!

What was that table you had titled UKC post defoliation about 3-4 pages back, uk cheese?

Also glad to hear the ice cube thing to work for you then.

You got her. Just get her really cold. Maybe you could try ice cubing one? You hip to that? Ice cubes on top of media around plant base. Last 48-72 hrs. Works like a charm.

I doubt you can get 50F out your way lol!

DiverDave

I have been inspired by this thread .. but power here is a bit unstable
so my first attempt at hydro (areo) will be done with 12vdc timers and 12vdc pumps.
The lights will still be the 120vac Advanced Platinum series LEDs

I dont want to make my own COBS and use 12vdc just yet.

I am waiting for supplies to come in before I change over from soil to hydro.

Any thoughts?

mushroombrew

Veteran
I just finished catching up on the last 30 pages or so of your thread.

Really great work mate, that vertical wall of buds looked crazy, same with that og table you had on the go.

So much great info in this thread really makes me want to switch up my style of growing.

The size of those elmers glue buds you posted from the last run were insane!

What was that table you had titled UKC post defoliation about 3-4 pages back, uk cheese?

Also glad to hear the ice cube thing to work for you then.

Unicorn Kush. U.C.K. its a hybrid of mine. It rivals Fire OG its so gassy. But the structure is better. Insane bag appeal. Also the heaviest pure Kush I have ever seen or heard of! I think 3 per light is achievable. With OG?! lol that would be dope!

mushroombrew

Veteran
I have been inspired by this thread .. but power here is a bit unstable
so my first attempt at hydro (areo) will be done with 12vdc timers and 12vdc pumps.
The lights will still be the 120vac Advanced Platinum series LEDs

I dont want to make my own COBS and use 12vdc just yet.

I am waiting for supplies to come in before I change over from soil to hydro.

Any thoughts?

Whay do you mean "unstable". Aero requires 24/7 pumps. Will that be an issue? Power cuts?

DiverDave

power unstable

power unstable

Whay do you mean "unstable". Aero requires 24/7 pumps. Will that be an issue? Power cuts?

I mean in 24 hrs the power can go out from 1-2 mins to 3-4 hrs ..
unpredictable , hence why I'm building 12v system , all but the lights at this point.

Junk

Do what makes u happy. IMO, aero is not worth the trouble over other methods of hydro. It's lovely in a machine cloner, but it's a tricky setup to get right for flowering. It's doable of course, just know ahead of time it's not an easy diy setup compared to rdwc or the like.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Either deep cycle or areo .. will try both in next grow.
One then the other so we can keep good eye on what its doing , then compare once dialed in.

I meant deep cycle batteries for steady power/backup.

Most "aero" setups are basically NFT tubes with misters. T.A.G. is a whole other trip. Accumulators, filters, solenoids etc.

I got a new container that works champ. Just finished prototyping. Once patents drop I will share with you.

It grows like aero without all the BS.

Latest posts

Latest posts