What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
picture.php

Boats N’ Hoes x Panama Honduras at 10 weeks under the air cooled screw-ins.

Terpene

Veteran
10weeks and you are going how much longer?
Is this a clone run?

How many watts?

Those are 15w bulbs (180w) over 6sqft (30w /sqft). As you can tell by the airspace, I was expecting a bit more stretch, but they don’t care - plenty of penetration with the screw ins. All of the plants are from seed and seeing as these are the more squat plants of the cross, figure 12-14 weeks total before they finish.

Terpene

Veteran
That's a sweet little setup ya got there Terp. How much dry weight do you think you'll harvest on this run. Really nice job!

So I’ve decided I’ll buy a scale just to answer questions like these :laughing:

Realistically, it’s at least a quarter gallon mason jar each plant, which in my experience are 2oz a jar - so minimum 1gpw.

I’d expect I’ll end at 4.5-5 jars, so probably closer to 1.5gpw / 9.5-10.5oz.

Sunshineinabag

Why do screw ins have CRI color rendering index and when ya go big led this isn't mentioned? Or is it mentioned w certain brands of LEDs. I'm beginning to think for my grow room a combination of the sf4000 and screw ins ( ya know I love those feits) ..would be ideal.

indagroove

Veteran
Why do screw ins have CRI color rendering index and when ya go big led this isn't mentioned? Or is it mentioned w certain brands of LEDs. I'm beginning to think for my grow room a combination of the sf4000 and screw ins ( ya know I love those feits) ..would be ideal.

Samsung lm301b diodes come in a few different cri's, just depends on the manufacturer, which version they decide to use: https://www.samsung.com/led/lighting/mid-power-leds/3030-leds/lm301b/

A good LED manufacturer will tell you the specs on the LEDs they use in their fixtures.

MdNewgrower

Blynx...

sorry, I was going to do some kind of crazy post that showed I was hip ... But WTF...

I never really saw an answer in this thread from you.

How often did you water those 3 gallon tote/pots? I am using "sub irrigation(a sub soil reservoir)" in a 7 gallon pot, with maybe 5 gallons total soil and a 1.5 gal reservoir.

I give 1 gallon every 4 days.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blynx...

sorry, I was going to do some kind of crazy post that showed I was hip ... But WTF...

I never really saw an answer in this thread from you.

How often did you water those 3 gallon tote/pots? I am using "sub irrigation(a sub soil reservoir)" in a 7 gallon pot, with maybe 5 gallons total soil and a 1.5 gal reservoir.

I give 1 gallon every 4 days.

I would estimate maybe a gallon a week during full flower.

I water the micro cabs using an old 32oz Powerade bottle. I usually give it one or two of those every 3 or 4 days.

MdNewgrower

I would estimate maybe a gallon a week during full flower.

I water the micro cabs using an old 32oz Powerade bottle. I usually give it one or two of those every 3 or 4 days.

Thanks for the response. I will say again that your microcab grows and this thread are what inspired me. :bow:

Here is my current sensi seed Northern Lights about three or four weeks before chop(not sure yet how much I slowed her growth earlier in flower. I roughed her up quite a bit about week 3) under just over a hundred watts of SIL.

Attachments

• KIMG0595.jpg
    KIMG0595.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 39
  • KIMG0600.jpg
    KIMG0600.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 33

ScrogMonster

Veteran
These aren’t the most efficient SIL’s t 17.5w each for 1600lm.... but the CRI is 90 which I feel like does something great... I dunno much about it all other then these FIET brand bulbs grow some freaking sweet sexy buds for me and I have 72 or more
Of them on hand so I’ll probably use them until they die... constructive criticism welcome.

5 - 1gal GG girls under 8 x17.5w fiet electric 5000k at 5wk and 6 days lower
picture.php

Same girls 7 or 8 days later

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts