What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you smell chlorophyll in plants?

Drewsif

Concentrated chlorophyll smells minty, but there's not a lot of relative chlorophyll in plant matter.

Can anyone actually smell natural plant levels of chlorophyll? I vape smalls as soon as i can shred some and air it out enough to vaporize. No minty anything, ever. Just sugars and soils.

Why is the online pot grower community telling newbies to look for signs that don't exist? You're never going to run across concentrated chlorophyll.

Am I mistaken? Is chlorophyll, like many terpenes, smelling completely different in low concentrations? Does diluted chlorophyll smell like hay? Fuck no. Quit blaming chlorophyll and water content for newbies shit bud and tell them what they are doing wrong.

Deadmenssilence

Personally I have noticed a smell I could only call "green plant" smell in most plants. I also have an extremely strong sense of smell. I can smell my diesel at 2wks(6 nodes) from seed on the other side of my house. I have to run a separate carbon filter during flower for my bedroom. But back to topic I personally dont think what I smell is chlorophyll... but idk lol I sure can taste that "green plant" smell even in properly dried and cured (2 month minimum) flower

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
A lot of taste is just down to genetics I think... any green smell usually departs while hanging I find. It usually seems to go: day 1&2 of drying smells of good bud, day 3&4 like a cut lawn then that fades out in the next few days back to niceness.
Good plants taste fine to me with minimal cure.