What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fox Farm Jump Start

kamyo

Veteran
Tried searching, but there doesn't seem to be much mentioned about this one. 3-4-3, and appears to have the same stuff as a lot of their other stuff - alfalfa, kelp, blood, bone, guano, etc.

Obviously, it's meant to give a decent start to your mix, but I was curious about its ability to do a little more than that and maybe get me into flowering with the need for some P once or twice.

Only asking about this one as opposed to mixing everything individually is that I happen to have a bag of this and some soil laying around. Thought a cup or two of this in the soil might do some good.

Would love to see anyone else's experiences.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
IMHO and experience... it will depend on how long you veg them. Your girls will clean their plates as the soil doesn't have the required nutritional value to see them to the end.

I veg for 8 weeks yes a long time. That being said, most "feeding issues" will manifest themselves before the flip. Depending on the pheno, some require special treatment during bloom. The last place I want to be, is troubleshooting nute issues in flower. Been there done that :)

You should be good 3-4 weeks but... if you don't have a good nute base going into flower, you are just asking for trouble :tiphat:

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
3-4-3 sounds fine, i use epsoma 4-5-5 and topdress a little before i switch to 1212 , its slow release with a small N burst at first when i water it in first time, but i know its there. growing weed is like cooking , once ya learn the tek ya can cook with anything and make it good

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've not used jump start, but over the last 15yrs or so Fox Farm hasn't let me down and Ive used the whole lineup and beastie bloom, open seasem too. Id maybe use 1/2 strength the first go and see what you think. I used marine cuisine, American pride before too, but I prefer the Ocean Forest or Happy Frog. But i know what works for me, it may not be the next guys cup of tea

kamyo

Veteran
Good info, thanks guys. Definitely planning on topdressing at some point and don't expect it to last through the grow. Also don't have a lot of space, so veg probably isn't going to be more than 4 weeks. Still has some time to break down before I use it.

Would still love to hear other experiences with it. Once I give it a run, I'll try to post my experiences with it.