What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*MicroPod*

kamyo

Veteran
Clean setup! I remember doing a Lebanese outdoors here in a similar sized pot. Ended up taking u-shaped metal garden stakes and basically staking her down almost in a spiral. Seemed to work well, but that was with only one plant.

Either way, looks like you have a plan and it's always fun to see big sativas in small spaces.

Clean setup! I remember doing a Lebanese outdoors here in a similar sized pot. Ended up taking u-shaped metal garden stakes and basically staking her down almost in a spiral. Seemed to work well, but that was with only one plant.

Either way, looks like you have a plan and it's always fun to see big sativas in small spaces.

Thanks Kamyo! Although I have a rough plan, this is the first time I’ve grown in such a small space so there will be a bit of trial and error involved.

You’re PCK project looks fun! And using CS interests me. I’m keeping an eye on your progress.

PF

SolarLogos

Thanks Kamyo! Although I have a rough plan, this is the first time I’ve grown in such a small space so there will be a bit of trial and error involved.

You’re PCK project looks fun! And using CS interests me. I’m keeping an eye on your progress.

PF
You guys are making me want to build a grow cabinet (or 2, 3, 4, etc), like I need more (can't grow enough strains in the time we are on this planet). I may have to go to the second hand store, they have lots of cheap wooden cabinets for sale that I would love to refinish on the outside and convert into a grow cabinet.
Nice job PF! You get stuff dialed in quick.

Peace, God bless

You guys are making me want to build a grow cabinet (or 2, 3, 4, etc), like I need more (can't grow enough strains in the time we are on this planet). I may have to go to the second hand store, they have lots of cheap wooden cabinets for sale that I would love to refinish on the outside and convert into a grow cabinet.
Nice job PF! You get stuff dialed in quick.

Peace, God bless

Go for it Solarlogos. It was pretty satisfying to get this thing put together. If I were to do anything over again, it would definitely be to not use a metal cabinet. I’m certain that if it were wood it would be quieter.

Its fun to grow with restrictions, it’s like a little zen haiku garden, and if it provides for me I will be very happy. But alas, I will always long for the day I can dedicate more space and grow 6 or 7 different stains at once like I used to.

I am having a bit of an issue right now though. Fungus gnats. Previously I would just let the soil dry out a bit and soon enough they’re all dead, but this is my first go at a no till container and I’m trying hard to not let it dry out. I was thinking about powdered DE sprinkled on the soil but I’m pretty sure I’ll kill all my pot worms if I do that. There’s loads of them living in there. I really don’t want to use any chemicals of any kind. Is my only option to introduce predators? They are so expensive to buy where I live. I would be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions.

PF

kamyo

Veteran
I wish I had spent more time on mine. But legislation was passed on a Friday and I had sprouts on Monday. Wanted to get up & running as fast as possible with the Home Depot cabint. Only thing I'd really do different is measure and pre-install hooks for the light/fans. And also take more time with the intake/exhaust vents. But I need a mother cab soon and a family member has an old mini refrigerator, so that sounds like the next project.

Pandy, I didn't even realize it was metal. Holy shit, I don't think I would even attempt that. Makes it even more impressive.

I think I'm going to end up gifting the CS PCK girl to someone. Don't want it to contaminate the PanamaDC pollen that I have for another PCK girl. Can't wait to grow those seeds out.

SolarLogos

Go for it Solarlogos. It was pretty satisfying to get this thing put together. If I were to do anything over again, it would definitely be to not use a metal cabinet. I’m certain that if it were wood it would be quieter.

Its fun to grow with restrictions, it’s like a little zen haiku garden, and if it provides for me I will be very happy. But alas, I will always long for the day I can dedicate more space and grow 6 or 7 different stains at once like I used to.

I am having a bit of an issue right now though. Fungus gnats. Previously I would just let the soil dry out a bit and soon enough they’re all dead, but this is my first go at a no till container and I’m trying hard to not let it dry out. I was thinking about powdered DE sprinkled on the soil but I’m pretty sure I’ll kill all my pot worms if I do that. There’s loads of them living in there. I really don’t want to use any chemicals of any kind. Is my only option to introduce predators? They are so expensive to buy where I live. I would be grateful for any thoughts or suggestions.

PF
One part 3% hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts water. Water your plant when the soil is dry. Then use sticky traps around the plant and put a layer of sand on top the soil. I am not sure what peroxide does to the worms, but I would think it safe at that dilution, but I don't know. Maybe google it. DE will kill the worms for sure, that is why I don't use it.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

PF

I get really bad fungus gnats every spring... I just use insecticidal soap (pyrethrum or potassium salts) in veg and wash em with heavy sprays of plain water four or five times.. you could try a nicotine spray if u prefer something more homeopathic.
Bacillus Thuringensis is supposed to work on fungus gnats but I had only limited success. There’s also Spinosad as a Chem free option.
You could try to just remove the pots and spray the space with chems to kill the wall flys. Spraying root holes at bottom of pots is important too they hide in there.
Try covering soil with 2 or more inches of sand then DE on the dry sand. Put in sticky strips and bottom water for a week or two until they’re under control.

I controlled them through end of flower once by spraying the cover crop under my canopy then cutting cover low and covering all that with gravel and sand. I had to spray the gravel and cannabis main stems a couple times and just to be safe I threw away the bottom larf and trim. I also had sticky strips strung through about 4inches off the ground

I have predatory mites that came from “somewhere”... outside I guess. The worms and the soil mites therein are what sustains my predators while fungus gnat larva are off menu. I assume the predators came in when I mulched with 4 inches of wild Yarrow chamomile and dandelions.

Edit: I think pyrethrums are derived from marigolds or something so that’s “sort of” organic I guess.

SolarLogos

All excellent points my friend. I forgot about
Spraying root holes at bottom of pots is important too they hide in there.
That's another good point.
I've been fortunate and haven't had a problem with them for a few years now.
Peace, God bless

Thanks for the replies guys. Because I didn’t want to take any chances at all of hurting my worms I really want to stay away from anything that seems at all like a biocide. In the end I found that I could get fungus gnat larvae eating nematodes for £12 shipped (much cheaper than the hydro store prices) so I opted for that along with sticky traps, and a few days later - no visible fungus gnat activity! I still have my fingers crossed that it will take them out for good.

YukonKronic - I also seem to have little mites living in my soil. They freaked me out at first but they definitely aren’t spider mites and they’re not affecting my plants so I figure they must be either neutral or beneficial. I like having life in my soil, it’s pretty cool to observe —- as long as it’s not flipping fungus gnats or spider mites.

I wish I had spent more time on mine. But legislation was passed on a Friday and I had sprouts on Monday. Wanted to get up & running as fast as possible with the Home Depot cabint. Only thing I'd really do different is measure and pre-install hooks for the light/fans. And also take more time with the intake/exhaust vents. But I need a mother cab soon and a family member has an old mini refrigerator, so that sounds like the next project.

Pandy, I didn't even realize it was metal. Holy shit, I don't think I would even attempt that. Makes it even more impressive.

I think I'm going to end up gifting the CS PCK girl to someone. Don't want it to contaminate the PanamaDC pollen that I have for another PCK girl. Can't wait to grow those seeds out.

I really considered using a fridge, i think it would have many positives. The issue for me was that the only space I really had for a fridge was in my garage which is both unheated and attached to my neighbours garage. Needless to say, I don’t need him smelling what I’m growing.

Also, I already have 2 other fridges in there, one being a beer fermentation fridge and the other being a fridge full of bottles of homebrew. The Mrs wants to curb my fridge collection.

PCK/PanamaDC sounds like it would be a colourful and frosty treat! Good luck with it.

Update time

picture.php

The GTxHonduras smells very orangey when the stem is rubbed.

picture.php

picture.php

And the TikalxHonduras has started throwing pistils. Interestingly, there have been no preflowers at all. To be honest, I’m a little wary of this one. If I see any bananas I will show no mercy.

picture.php

picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
Hi Pandy, looking at the first photo I can't help admiring your determination in terms of space and strains...unbridled jungle you're going to end up with in there... :)
That hasty girl might have her own way about preflowering, safety is a must though...
Dead leaves is what I see? I wouldn't feel that safe thinking about horrid mould and all... they look lovely btw, not the dead ones :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Amazing job Pandy,a hard task to grow these strains in a cabinet,looking healthy and happy!

Thanks Big Nasty! I think they are really enjoying the soil mix. It’s the first time I’ve ever used it, it has a lot of buckwheat hulls which makes the consistency very loose but also seems to hold moisture quite well. It’s from a shop called indoor organics. Not cheap but it works!

SolarLogos

Amazing job Pandy,a hard task to grow these strains in a cabinet,looking healthy and happy!
I agree. That's taking some skills my friend. Nice job. I'll update you on my HxGT smoke (I think you're going to like it), but right now, kids and grandkids are here for the holiday.
Peace, God bless

Hi Pandy, looking at the first photo I can't help admiring your determination in terms of space and strains...unbridled jungle you're going to end up with in there... :)
That hasty girl might have her own way about preflowering, safety is a must though...
Dead leaves is what I see? I wouldn't feel that safe thinking about horrid mould and all... they look lovely btw, not the dead ones :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Hi orfeas. Haha yes determination is one way to put it. I must be either brave or stupid? Probably a bit of both. Honduras was one of the largest plants I’ve ever grown. And I know that no till works better with larger containers. But I want it all so I’m going for it!

The leafy covering on the soil is a half arsed attempt at mulching. I do agree with you to be honest, I think I’m going to remove it and put a bit of straw down soon. At least it has perhaps been some food for the worms for a time? Hmm...perhaps.

Thanks for your nice comments! I want to add, I have the pot on a platform right now so I still have an additional 5” or so of headroom once needed.

YukonKronic

Hi orfeas. Haha yes determination is one way to put it. I must be either brave or stupid? Probably a bit of both. Honduras was one of the largest plants I’ve ever grown. And I know that no till works better with larger containers. But I want it all so I’m going for it!

The leafy covering on the soil is a half arsed attempt at mulching. I do agree with you to be honest, I think I’m going to remove it and put a bit of straw down soon. At least it has perhaps been some food for the worms for a time? Hmm...perhaps.

Thanks for your nice comments! I want to add, I have the pot on a platform right now so I still have an additional 5” or so of headroom once needed.

Cannabis loves weedy mulch... I put all but the best trim right back into soil bed... only got mould once from spraying a bud near finish and that was before I put a fan in my box...if you have air movement it’ll probably be fine...

I agree. That's taking some skills my friend. Nice job. I'll update you on my HxGT smoke (I think you're going to like it), but right now, kids and grandkids are here for the holiday.
Peace, God bless

Solarlogos, you are a gentleman. I’m very much looking forward to your smoke report. I hope you have a great time with your family and enjoy the holiday. We have a long weekend here in my part of the world too :)

Cannabis loves weedy mulch... I put all but the best trim right back into soil bed... only got mould once from spraying a bud near finish and that was before I put a fan in my box...if you have air movement it’ll probably be fine...

Hey Yukon. I don’t have much air movement right now to be honest. Just the turbulence caused by the fan. I am planning on getting a little clip on fan soon to improve things on that side. If I lose any of my precious tiny stash to mould I will probably cry.

SolarLogos

Honduran x GT

Honduran x GT

Good morning Pandyfackler,
My son and I tried my Honduran x GT over the weekend. He also lives in a legal state, but I think smokes mostly dispensary pot. He's been smoking about 26 or so years, but not daily like myself.

We smoked a joint together and from the look on his face and red eyes, I could tell it was hitting him pretty good. He was suddenly quiet, then he went upstairs. I asked him if he was ok and he said it was just a bit too much. He likened it to stuff he had "back in the day." He told me it had a big creeper effect after about 20 minutes or so. I don't think he fell down the rabbit's hole, but he was pretty quiet and kept to himself for several hours.

We both felt colors, objects, sunny outdoors all seem bright and clearer, but mostly all introverted, very creative high. For me, it also has that wonderful, pleasant feeling that makes you appreciate everything around you, especially nature and enhances awareness of every moment of life itself. I personally enjoy it as much as the Malawi x Honduran.

I hope yours will meet all of your hopes and expectations. I would love to hear your thoughts when you get to try yours.
Peace, God bless