What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can't get cloudy trichomes :(

sclm7

I can't see them ...only a few. I have a ton of transparent ones and amber is starting to pop up. Any reason why they don't turn cloudy?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
How many days have they been in flower? What strain [basically, indica or sativa]?

A little more detail and people can help you better. Pics would be nice. :)

sclm7

Hey Ringo ...

It's been almost a month of flowering and all the signs are indicating they are ready: orange hairs, purple leaves and all that. I have two Tutankhamun and two Cinderella 99, both sativa.

pinkus

Veteran
Sounds like MAYBE you have had a pollination events. Pretty early to be thinking cloudy trichomes.

sclm7

Drag and drop does not work lol ... I will try to upload the images

Second thing: by over a month I was referring to the fact that it passed so long since I thought I have to harvest

sclm7

I'm using LED 600W light and the switch from 16-8 to 12-12 was done sudden, without a "smooth" transition. Can this be a reason for the[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]"pollination event" Pinkus?

Again sorry for the long ridiculous code post ... (facepalm)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Pollination means they got pollinated by a male plant, if they had you would see seeds. I notice a couple cloudy trichs on that second picture, but not a ton. Since they are sativas they might just take longer to ripen. They both seem to be in the 8-10 week range, so you are 1/2 done with flower numerically, but I would always trust my eyes over a breeders timeline.

sclm7

I don't see seeds and I'm happy about that. My concern is that while I'm waiting for the cloudy ones to appear, more and more of the amber ones will pop up and I don't really want that since the high will be a "couch-lock / sleepy" one - indica

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't see seeds and I'm happy about that. My concern is that while I'm waiting for the cloudy ones to appear, more and more of the amber ones will pop up and I don't really want that since the high will be a "couch-lock / sleepy" one - indica
Well it's all down to genetics and what you like best. I recommend taking some a little before you think it would be ready, most of it when you think it's ready, and then save a little bit more to grab the next week or two. That way you can directly compare them and if you grow out that strain in the future you have an idea when to harvest that you will most prefer. I don't think there is any set, hard rules because it's up to the preference of the smoker. Some people want body high some people want mind high and some people just want the medicinal value with no high.

Latest posts

Latest posts