What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Preflowers with heavy orange pistils

Kwince

I'd appreciate help in confirming my fears. Beautiful female, 2nd week of flower, showing preflowers with fat, orange pistils located below normal female flowers with white pistils. Yesterday I took off some leaves and bud sites at very bottom-- and although no nanners/balls can be seen... think I screwed up. Can't find any info/pics online that shows what I'm talking about. Another pruned plant not yet in flower--developed more balls in a 12 hour dark period than I would have thought possible. It was covered...and promptly removed. I know you guys would love to have a pic, but that's not possible this evening. Surely someone has seen this before... I'm going nuts wondering. Thanks in advance.

Kwince

Pictures

Pictures

LEDs make for bad lighting, but there is no other light source. The LEDs themselves are crap-- whole room used to look like it was sitting on the sun; forward a couple years and they have lost 2/3 of their output. Better lights are next on my list. Anyways... I didn't see any balls when I went in to get these photos. Hope lives!:)

To be continued... can't get second pic to load.
Thanks for your time and advice in advance, K

Kwince

Pic 2

Pic 2

Here's a close up of what scares me.
picture.php

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
I can not really see on your pics, not a good resolution, but I do not think it is a nanner, just a female preflower.
Can you a take a better pic if possible? ( Sorry, I imagine you did your best with what you have, but not easy to be sure)

Kwince

No orange pistils outside. Yay me! This plant craves CalMag. More coming next watering. And I won't be using FF Ocean Forrest again-- there's always a gnat in room. Using S209 from (I think) Sierra Naturals. They have good stuff and free samples. Gotta love that!
BTW, plants seem none the worse for wear b/c of the ocassional gnat. Seed is from private stock and I left plant in the ground too long; started making seeds. Think it's God Bud, but not positive. No matta the lineage, it smokes good.

Kwince

Glad to hear others think it's fine. Those heavy pistils scare me. I think I've picked off tons of em.... Still learning. Thanks!

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I think it's fine but I will say gnats are more prevalent in wet conditions. Pots drying out properly?

Kwince

Appreciate you guys

Appreciate you guys

BSGospel, plants are in 7 gallon smart pots. Fan blows on em 24/7. I don't water until moisture meter goes down to a 2 (out of a possible 9). Usually give em 4 cups, wait 20-30 minutes, then another 3-6 cups to run off. About 2 weeks ago I began adding a couple drops of dish soap per gallon to nute water; supposed to help with dry pockets. Must work, lol.

The only problem I've had, that I know of, is the room getting too cold-- 68,69 degrees when I check them at around 10 each morning. Room is actually an out building cooled by a new, but touchy window unit. I used a humidifier to keep RH in the 70s during veg. Fixing to crank up the dehumidifier now that there are buds. That oughtta help.

Switcher, I'm learning Brother. Growing indoors is a whole new game. From now on, I WILL take plants outside to troubleshoot. :watchplant:

Thanks to both of you! I appreciate your replies.