What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to drip irrigation and need assistance

DunHav`nFun

If you intend on full automation after you get back , the best insurance there is for the drip setup is H&G`s "Drip Clean" to prevent dripper clogs and residual salt buildup.....Be sure to employ an inline filter and as you said you already knew about an anti-siphon hole above rez level.....The link Dots gave on Pico`s manifold tutorial that I suggested from the beginning is by far the most bulletproof setup and time tested , but there`s many ways ta skin a mule...…..anyways....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Thanks everyone for your help! I recieved about a third of my drip setup today, supposed to recieve the rest of it tomorrow. I will have something thrown together by tomorrow night, have to leave out on my trip Thursday morning. Hopefully this goes as planned.

4 400gph pumps
4 timers (goes down to the seconds)
4 main half inch lines
4 DIG 12 outlet manifolds rated at 1gph

I love what I have been reading about the manifold drippers, supposedly DIG claims regardless of the dripper tube length, water will be distributed evenly guaranteed... If you guys have not looked into them, do so. They are awesome and supposed to be very reliable and easy.

I only wish amazon prime offered the DIG 12 outlet manifold with adjustable emitters built in. Those are the best ones as you can choose anywhere from 1gph all the way to 10gph. But oh well, gotta go with what I could get on a time frame.

One thing I dont think I like about the DIG is that they come with 1/8 outlets and drip lines, that's pretty small but that is the most common lines associated with them. They do sale adapters to convert the 1/8 into 1/4 but I think what I have will work for now. There are supposed to be filters already installed in the DIG manifolds, hoepfully jt will get me through these 5 days!

:tiphat:

NoMore

been running from 3 weeks now a 30 points system with PC drippers from amazon (4 liters/h), U shaped 1/2 manifold and different length 1/4 tubing, pump is a 2000 l/h aquarium pump....runs 3 times a day, the drippers do their job, each one drips exactly the same but today i noticed one was not dripping, but i've not used drip clean or any product yet
also pump filters at least are a must as the smallest body hair can clog those
I'm planning to change it by taking off the drippers and go just with equal lenght tubing