What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slight nute burn and high ph runoff

coldcanna

Veteran
What is the PPM/EC of your runoff? Pour enough tap water through until you can collect 50-100ml of runoff and test that. If its above 3-3.5 you could just flush for a day with fresh water

My main issue is the tap water I found out was too high Ph (8.5) so I’m correcting that along with I was going to transplant this weekend, so wondering if it’s worth flushing before transplanting or not.

G

Flush with pH'd nutrient solution. What EC are you feeding? Do you have a pH pen? It is essential.
A good flush will see you some happy plants again.

Ph pen. I haven’t really hit them but with 1/2 strength nutes and they didn’t seem to like it (well 1 plant didn’t) so I was gonna flush it before transplant this weekend

Kesey

Your run off Ph is high because carbonate build up in the medium...CO3 + H = H2(CO3) aka carbonic acid...H2(CO3) dissolutes to H2O+CO2. This is exacerbated with frequent irrigation methods like coco. I always recommend RO with a fertigation program devoid of carbonates (calcium, magnesium, and potassium carbonate)...less stable Ph in the reservoir, but thats the point of coco...short rez life with frequent irrigation to maintain Ph in the medium..

Latest posts

Latest posts