What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crazy heat beating LED scheme.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The temperature on the surface of the leaves is what matters most and 88F is ideal, check the light science thread in my signature for full explanation. Led doesnt produce radiant heat (infrared light that heats things it comes in contact with), they produce conductive heat to the surface they are mounted to which doesnt make it to the plant's leaves. I refer to plants being cold blooded under led, The problem most people encounter when first trying led is stress from too much light like jellyfish mentioned earlier.

G

GatorGumbo

The temperature on the surface of the leaves is what matters most and 88F is ideal, check the light science thread in my signature for full explanation. Led doesnt produce radiant heat (infrared light that heats things it comes in contact with), they produce conductive heat to the surface they are mounted to which doesnt make it to the plant's leaves. I refer to plants being cold blooded under led, The problem most people encounter when first trying led is stress from too much light like jellyfish mentioned earlier.

I use IR and UV LED supplementation lighting, should have mentioned it as well. That might explain it based on what you're saying.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The more efficiently a photon is used in photosynthesis the less the leaf surface is heated. The supplemental IR added from led is focused at specific wavelengths highly utilized for growth or phytochrome manipulation, negligible really in regards to heating leaves compared to HID.

I posted in this thread earlier with information about plants using far red wavelengths that would help explain further:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362079

pinkus

Veteran
I appreciate y'all's input, but as I said it's working. :)

I also live in close proximity to the tents. Humid and 88 isn't my cup of tea.

:bandit:

Thanks again. :tiphat: