What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Honduran; Honduran x GT, and GT

SolarLogos

Love your smoke reports my friend gives a very precise picture of the high.
Thank you my friend. I went over to a friends house and smoked another joint with him. He loved it. I went home and smoked another as I was preparing dinner, then smoked another as I was watering the plants. No matter how far into the high I am, another joint takes it to another level. No ceiling at all. I was so high when I went to bed. My wife kept asking me what was so funny. I guess the Malawi in it allowed me to knock right out. No hangover this morning and I'm right back up there. It's going to be hard putting this stuff down.
I just sealed my cobs back up (MxH). Fermented them for 10 hours, sealed back up for a week, dried them 2 days and in 4 more weeks :smokeit:

Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Thank you my friend. I went over to a friends house and smoked another joint with him. He loved it. I went home and smoked another as I was preparing dinner, then smoked another as I was watering the plants. No matter how far into the high I am, another joint takes it to another level. No ceiling at all. I was so high when I went to bed. My wife kept asking me what was so funny. I guess the Malawi in it allowed me to knock right out. No hangover this morning and I'm right back up there. It's going to be hard putting this stuff down.
I just sealed my cobs back up (MxH). Fermented them for 10 hours, sealed back up for a week, dried them 2 days and in 4 more weeks :smokeit:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79247&pictureid=1945143View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79247&pictureid=1945144View Image

Peace, God bless
Yes you know when the Malawi in a cross hits you ha ha.
The Malawi x Ethiopian I have I cant get enough of no matter how small a dose I take its still over the top at some stage in the high.
Def cant drive even on the smallest dose ha ha.
I have to fit some more in my tiny grow schedule I just love the aroma of the flowers as they mature on the plant fine perfume of cannabis thats for sure.
I have a Purple Haze x Panama outside in the winter sun should be ready in 8 or 10 weeks smells super potent already and still 2 reflowerings to go ha ha.

Hi Solarlogos,

Great thread! Love your smoke reports and your grow space is making me jealous. I really miss growing under the sun.

I was reading your report of Honduras on the sticky thread. Spot on for me. I used to do a very active job (often walked 20kms a day) and I found Honduras paired well with all this activity. Speedy, happy, not too mashed but very high. A deceptive strength that had the kind of clarity that you can almost forget you’re high until you fall into a ditch or something. I was interested in your description of the smell. For me, the shorter plant I grew was like new tires. With a clay mud forest background, that’s a pretty good description. The taller one was very woody.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Honduran x GT4!

SolarLogos

Hi Solarlogos,

Great thread! Love your smoke reports and your grow space is making me jealous. I really miss growing under the sun.

I was reading your report of Honduras on the sticky thread. Spot on for me. I used to do a very active job (often walked 20kms a day) and I found Honduras paired well with all this activity. Speedy, happy, not too mashed but very high. A deceptive strength that had the kind of clarity that you can almost forget you’re high until you fall into a ditch or something. I was interested in your description of the smell. For me, the shorter plant I grew was like new tires. With a clay mud forest background, that’s a pretty good description. The taller one was very woody.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the Honduran x GT4!

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I'm glad you like the Honduran, it's really a nice way to start a day and get your thoughts all organized. It always keeps me motivated. I plan to try the Honduran x GT tomorrow morning. I took a day off today so I can give the HxGT a fair chance to impress me. I have always been fond of Central and South American weed, they have always been the ones that remind me of the good ol days when I would smoke and go off looking for adventure. I'm taking clones tomorrow from my Panama crosses, which will go into the flower room once rooted. I can't wait to sample them. I hope your GTxH gives you everything you are looking for, plus a little more.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Another Smoke Report

Another Smoke Report

Let me start by saying two things: First, thank you so much Tangwena for sharing with us your curing skills. You are a master my friend. I tried your cob/ferment version, it's the one on the right, in post #42 above, the Malawi pheno of my Malawi x Honduran.
Second, I may have been a little too naive in my judgement of Malawi, when I stated on the A5 thread that I don’t look for the Malawi phenos in my crosses. This one took me by surprise. Lesson humbly learned.
The smoke report:
The effects after the 1st joint:
It takes about 5 minutes to feel the effects, which are initially pressure behind the eyes and the sensation that my heartrate has increased, as well as that feeling of energy flowing through my upper body and arms, which signals there is more to come. That settled down, then 15 minutes later the real surge comes on. Big waves of energy throughout my body and a feeling of heartrate increasing again. But the peaceful feeling that comes over me is like a warm comforting blanket. Really a beautiful feeling. As time goes on, the feeling gets better. I don't like comparing things to opiates, but feels quite similar. It's not energetic or electric, but there is no body stone and it won’t make you tired or immobile.

The cerebral part is altogether different from her sisters and half-sisters. If I were to imagine an empty all white room and I were in there all alone with just my echo, that box would be my mind. Empty, but not a stupor, quite contrary. I am free to think as clearly as I want without any interference. It’s not creative thoughts or ideas that come from outside, but my own and they seem so incredibly clear and real. I can fill this box with as much though as I want. There is just enough Malawi influence to shut down the busy mind, without subduing my senses or conscious thought. I think that adds to the clarity.
35 minutes I Smoke another joint.

45 minutes in and I’m amazed at the detail in objects, very focused while hypnotic. I can’t help but notice my vision looks as though I’m looking out of a small round window, like on a ship. I’m back in the silent room, just with my thoughts and whatever I’m looking at or observing so intensely. Time slows a lot, almost stands still. When I walk past the clock, I cannot believe how early it still is. I’m about 1.5-2 hours behind real time. The whole experience is beautiful and I’m conscious that I am that experience.
An hour after the second joint, things haven’t changed, neither has time. I keep going back to how amazing life is simultaneously taking in this experience and both are just lovely.

Duration: 3 hours in and the high hasn’t changed in either the high itself or its strength. I guess that when I was looking at a jar of the traditionally cured flower of this plant, I rolled a joint. Upon finding it, I had to light it so I can’t comment any further on duration or comedown, because neither has taken place yet.

Conclusion: Not as much for contemplation, more peaceful relaxation from everything. Not much euphoria, but what a great sense of peace she brings and that more than compensates I think.
This is a beautiful evening smoke to put a little separation between your day and your evening at home relaxing. Just as there is a cause for every effect, every strain has an effect for every need. With that consideration, she does exactly what it is she aspires to do, but without fault. For this type of effect, she is potent, so as not to use the word vaguely. Truly one of the most serene experiences I’ve had on cannabis. I regret not keeping a clone. I do have a few more original F1 and some F2 from a couple small lower branches. Hope I can find another like her and wonder what my chances are. For now, I’m going to seal it back up and put some more cure on it, maybe pull it out for a special occasion or two.
Quick note on the plant: The plant had a Malawi structure, both branching and flower. The leaves showed Honduran with some Malawi influence (slightly shorter, fatter leaves) and the plant had that distinct Malawi smell. However, the traditional cured bud now smells like a Honduran with some Malawi volatility in the background.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey SolarLogos, I really enjoyed this thread brother. Great grow!, I loved your genetic line up. Will be waiting to see how the cure goes. I have always wanted to try Tangwena's cob style cure. Peace brother

SolarLogos

It will get better as it ages my friend get ready for some real tripps into the room.
Beautiful description as always.
Thanks friend, nice to hear!

Hey SolarLogos, I really enjoyed this thread brother. Great grow!, I loved your genetic line up. Will be waiting to see how the cure goes. I have always wanted to try Tangwena's cob style cure. Peace brother
Thank you my dear friend, that really means a lot coming from such an accomplished grower as yourself.
Today, I went over to my buddies house while walking the dog. He is an old school Sativa fan like myself and likes the creativity. Today, he told me my Honduran x GT4 was the best pot he's smoked in years. He couldn't stop talking about it. I ended up coming back and bringing him a few joints. I do want to grow the Malawi x Honduran and Honduran x GT again, but have it finish in early fall, when the sun and temps are still strong enough for it to realize it's full potental.

I think you will like the cob style. Very smooth smoke, different taste, but it certainly mellows and changes it's character a bit, faster than traditional cure. Makes sense, we ferment tobacco, tea, etc.
Great to hear from you Farmer. Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Preliminary smoke report Malawi x GT

I gave a joint to a friend of mine, of the Malawi x GT (thai pheno) the other day. We smoke together a few times a week and he's smoked everything I've grown.
Today he called me to tell me that was the strongest weed he has ever smoked in his lifetime. He kept on with words like, bar-none, swear to you, the strongest period! Then he tells me it was also the biggest mistake of his life.
Without giving out too much, my friend conducts an orchestra. He usually smokes a joint before rehearsal and smoked the joint I gave him on his way the other day. He lost his place in the middle of the symphony, so of course, they came to a stop. What made it worse was there was a world class conductor from a foreign country visiting. Of course the panic set in and that made things worse. He said it was the worst day of his life. Then excitedly asks if I have any more. He said that was the weed he had been searching for. Mind you, he smokes all day like myself and has been smoking since the 60's, quite the seasoned smoker.

I've tried it, but only in the afternoon which means there were many other joints beforehand. I will smoke it first thing in the morning the next three days and give a personal smoke report on Monday, while I'm smoking the sample as always. Have a beautiful weekend everyone!

Peace, God bless.

Tangwena

Veteran
Beautiful just beautiful report he must think he's the luckiest guy in the world ha ha.
Thats how weed and a joint should be day changing ha ha.

orfeas

Veteran
I gave a joint to a friend of mine, of the Malawi x GT (thai pheno) the other day. We smoke together a few times a week and he's smoked everything I've grown.
Today he called me to tell me that was the strongest weed he has ever smoked in his lifetime. He kept on with words like, bar-none, swear to you, the strongest period! Then he tells me it was also the biggest mistake of his life.
Without giving out too much, my friend conducts an orchestra. He usually smokes a joint before rehearsal and smoked the joint I gave him on his way the other day. He lost his place in the middle of the symphony, so of course, they came to a stop. What made it worse was there was a world class conductor from a foreign country visiting. Of course the panic set in and that made things worse. He said it was the worst day of his life. Then excitedly asks if I have any more. He said that was the weed he had been searching for. Mind you, he smokes all day like myself and has been smoking since the 60's, quite the seasoned smoker.

I've tried it, but only in the afternoon which means there were many other joints beforehand. I will smoke it first thing in the morning the next three days and give a personal smoke report on Monday, while I'm smoking the sample as always. Have a beautiful weekend everyone!

Peace, God bless.

G' day my friend!
I've been in your friend's shoes a few times, me myself being a well-seasoned toker, and boy sometimes you are caught off guard by some herb or other :biggrin: my line of work involves talking to as well as being talked to and at times cohesion/consistency just fails... yet, being an old fart I usually find my way out evading the consequent question " What are you on?" :laughing:
And yes, smoking first thing in the morning is the optimal way of understanding the qualities of subject... :)

:tiphat:orf

SolarLogos

Beautiful just beautiful report he must think he's the luckiest guy in the world ha ha.
Thats how weed and a joint should be day changing ha ha.

G' day my friend!
I've been in your friend's shoes a few times, me myself being a well-seasoned toker, and boy sometimes you are caught off guard by some herb or other :biggrin: my line of work involves talking to as well as being talked to and at times cohesion/consistency just fails but being an old skin I usually find my way out evading the consequent question " What are you on?" :laughing:
And yes, smoking first thing in the morning is the optimal way of understanding the qualities of subject... :)

:tiphat:orf
I bet we can all relate his situation. You know, the amphitheater can fill up with hundreds of people who just enjoy watching the rehearsal. The visiting conductor came up and asked if he was ok and he said he gave him a story about being ill. Cannabis enhances our perceptions and experiences and when a powerful sativa suddenly hits you and something unexpectedly disastrous happens, it can seem so much more surreal, bizarre while at the same time, reality is enhanced, which makes the problem appear at the moment even more cataclysmic.
I'm certainly looking forward to the next few mornings, as I analyze this cross for my self.
Thanks for stopping by my friends.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Greetings my dear friends Dubi and the Ace community! It's been a long time since I was online and posting. A lot has gone on in the past few years, but I'm still growing and the only thing that has changed in that regard is, I am growing legally under a license that allows me to grow 99 plants at a time. I have the room and privacy. Last year, I started with 100 plants and finished 62 females. I'll start a thread on the outdoor season when the time comes.

I've grown so many landraces and hybrids and there are really only three in particular that I want to devote the majority of my time on, which have been my favorites so far:

1) Honduras x Malawi.
2) Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh Bx
3) Santa Marta Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold

I'll get threads started eventually on 2 & 3 as well as an outdoor season thread.

I have Honduras x Malawi F2 in week 9 flower. The F2 phenotypes are all over the place, some that look like they could flower forever. I've narrowed down two females that have been pollinated by 3 select males. The F3 will go outdoors before the summer solstice and try to better stabilize the structure, smell, taste, and effects in the F4.

Honduras x Malawi #1 in week 9 flower
4-22-23b.jpg
4-22-23c.jpg

Honduras x Malawi #2
4-22-23.jpg
4-22-23a.jpg

In the tent, I grow in tubs with no-till mix of 1/2 coco and 1/2 ewc & potting soil and a bunch of other stuff I cannot remember. This is my 4th grow in the same soil. I don't remove the roots at harvest, just cut the plant off at the base.

I juice for my own personal health and the fruit and vegetable fibers go on top of the tubs, mixed with coffee grounds. I scratch the surface of the dirt and lightly bury it and in a week, the worms have consumed it all. I feed organic Agrithrive 3-3-5, along with molasses from start to finish. I supplement with fish emulsion during veg, flip and beginning of flower. Ca and Mg foliar spray. Right now, everything is being fed at 1.0 ec and the pH range is 5.9-6.3. During veg, they seem happiest at 5.7-6.0.

Lights set up as follows:
I flip at 12/12, but I have UVA and UVB lights that come on 20 minutes before the LED to replicate nautical twilight, which I believe wakes the plants up to start their day. UV stays on for 5 hours. Currently, the far red lights comes on a few hours before the lights go off and stays on for 20 minutes past daylight (when the LED panels go off). Each week I add 15 minutes to the start time for the far red lights. This is something I've been experimenting with for the past 4 grows and I'm still dialing everything in, but so far, I'm quite pleased with the results. Around week 5 of flower, I usually have the LED panels around 80% power and I'll start increasing it to 100% over the next couple of weeks and then start reducing the 12/12 time on the LED panels. The LED panels are currently at 11 hours 15 minutes on and 12 hours 45 minutes off.

Here is my reasoning for the light schedule. A few years ago, I was studying the light frequency near the equator in Colombia. I saw that in spring, the light consisted of about 90% lower frequency blue light, but by the end of fall, the light frequency was about 90% red light. I believe that it's the light frequency, more than the number of hours along the equator that signals flower time. I'm sure there are other factors, including the change in the number of daylight hours, which is not that significant of a change so close to the equator.

Everything works on polarity. The polarity of the winter and summer poles is number of hours, while the polarity of spring and fall (vernal and fall equinoxes) is light frequency; white light in spring for vegetation growth and the opposite end of the spectrum, red in fall for flower.

At night, red frequency signals the plants to go to sleep and I believe the opposite to be true in the morning, during nautical twilight (before the sun comes over the horizon) when the UV spectrum wakes up the plants to start doing what they need to do during the light hours.

Thanks for stopping by; it's nice being back.
Peace
SL

windmills

Peace, God bless.
That is really nice to hear, and what true friendship is really about. Thanks for sharing your report. Obliged

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful work @SolarLogos with your Honduras crosses with Malawi and Golden Tiger friend 🥰
I have never had the chance yet to explore such genetic combination. i usually like to cross Malawi with more terpy strains, since strong Malawi hybrids that lack of good terpenes miss something in my opinion.

What a joy to read your great detailed smoke reports on both crosses and to be able to visually evaluate traits of your 2 hybrids.

The Honduras x GT harvested flowers have the dense flower Malawi structure and resins.
Glad your musician friend like it so much and rate it as the strongest he ever tried :) His anecdote getting lost in himself while the orchestra keeps playing is really funny :LOL: hehehehe poor him, hope he is not afraid after that, and better he chooses a not so challenging work time to enjoy strong GT type of highs.
GT power is so intense, deep, trippy and long lasting, it's nearly impossible to dominate or hide the effect, even more when working and socializing with others.

Love also your description on the Honduras x Malawi cross, the effects sounds like the best from both worlds: clear headed, energetic and non ceiling from Honduras with the strong trippy Malawi side.
The flowers of this one looks very Central American sativa, much more Honduras dominant than the GT cross.
Is the Honduras x Malawi your favorite Honduras cross so far, even when compared with Honduras x Panama ?
Happy to know you already brought Honduras x Malawi to F3 stage and growing it this year outdoors to keep working on it. Did you find any parent plant similar in traits to the F1, but better ? Or other desirable blend of traits in F2 not found in the F1 ?

Thanks brother, makes me feel super happy that you are getting so much fun and good results crossing our genetics and reaching new territories not explored by ACE yet ;)

Much love :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts