What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vegging Blue Dream: leaves wrinkled, canoeing up

Mart1n

Got 2 plants in 1x1x2 meter (3x3x6 feet) tent: HSO Blue Dream and Blimburn Sour D.

Sour D is doing great without any signs of stress.
Blue Dream have these wrinkled, canoeing leaves going on for 2 weeks now. At some point stopped, but now new growth have them again.
I know it can be heat stress, so I put fan blowing closer to this plant tops and light, but no change so far...
Anyone have same experience, can share some advice please?

Plants age: both 21 days from seed
Soil: Coco from brick + perlite 20 %
Light: 400W dual HPS (light is 55cm/21 inch from plant tops)
Pots: 20L (5 gallon) air-pots
Nutes: Canna Coco A + B 1.5ml to 1L water; CalMag 1ml / 1L water
Watering over 1 day when pots feel half-dry
Temp: 30-32C/86-89F (I know it`s hot, but I have managed to grow in similar temp without problems before)

Attachments

• 20190101_171624.jpg
    20190101_171624.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190101_171435.jpg
    20190101_171435.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190101_171613.jpg
    20190101_171613.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190101_171601.jpg
    20190101_171601.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190101_171554.jpg
    20190101_171554.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 20

jwm

Veteran
Looks like maybe too much food?
I'm certainly no expert that's why I've gone w/ super soil.
No more guessing and measuring.
Should have gone this route years ago...
Why more aren't going this way is a mystery to me? Or maybe they are...
Doing original blueberry in a small green house and I've never had such care free growing.
Just add water.

S

Sertaiz

ew supersoil is nasty.
but i understand. people think my buckets of funky rotting stuff is nasty, but it makes great smokes!!!

edit, ive had that canoeing just never knew what it was....

jwm

Veteran
exactly why i've gone the super soil route...no more dealing w/ this nonsense.
good luck, hope you get it figured out. :)

jwm

Veteran
ya outta give it a go.
I thought the same thing even while my friends were growing trees w/ the stuff.
I'm totally sold now....never go back

S

Sertaiz

you are putting only a third more nutes than cal mag, so could be overdoing the calmag, idk though.

Greenthumber

I had the same issue last year with a few plants, what’s your humidity at? Pretty sure your humidity may be to low for the temps you’re running at and your plant is trying to transpire moisture out of the leafs to fill the humidity void in the growing environment. I would check out a vpd chart and adjust, though that is just my opinion. Happy growing

Greenthumber

I had the same issue last year with a few plants, what’s your humidity at? Pretty sure your humidity may be to low for the temps you’re running at and your plant is trying to transpire moisture out of the leafs to fill the humidity void in the growing environment. I would check out a vpd chart and adjust, though that is just my opinion. Happy growing

St. Phatty

The soil sounds a little un-natural, even though I know you're trying to feed them right.

The biota in soil in nature are really important. They're not hard to come by, but they take time to build.

I don't there's anything wrong with coco & perlite as soil mixers.

Do you have access to organic soil from somewhere in the country-side ? Some place where there's 12 inches of humus built up ?

Mixing Coco & perlite with some nutes is not natural soil. It is different from the soil combinations that Cannabis, the weed, grew in over the last many millions of years.

Do you have access to redworms ? They can help nature-ize a soil mix.

The other thing people do with their soil is, give it time to "cook" = and get eatem by redworms & earthworms.

I end up with depleted, possibly crappy, certainly less than perfect soil, in the end of my Cannabis plant pots (32 gallons) at the end of each year. But I really don't feel like emptying out the pots & filling them back up.

So I just start piling the compost (food scraps & chicken compost) on top, and it gets rained on all winter long (washes out acidic salts that can be hard on seedlings). When it gets warmer the worms get really active and eventually it is a fairly rich layer of new worm castings (with coffee filters mixed in because I never removed them) on top of the older soil. Of course there is a lot of interchange between the 2 layers because the worms are crawling everywhere.

Anyway that's what my clones & seedlings get planted on.