What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Amsterdam November 2017 get together

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
looks like ill be there too.
seems that hightimes is taking it over this year.
been invited to be a expert judge. should be interesting and fun :bongsmi:

cya there

zamzia

Veteran
Good to hear brother Gaius!! What dates are you about? I'm looking to get flights and accommodation booked today!!

edit.... flight booked. Arrive in morning of Friday 24th November and leave evening of Monday 27th!

Accommodation prices are pretty high again :(

Last edited:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to hear brother Gaius!! What dates are you about? I'm looking to get flights and accommodation booked today!!

edit.... flight booked. Arrive in morning of Friday 24th November and leave evening of Monday 27th!

Accommodation prices are pretty high again :(

Wish i could be over there with ya zam and Gaius
gutted but just too much on and i imagine the " apartment " situation is gonna get worse until Amsterdam gets rid of the stag nights etc,,,
We found a lot of the nicer flats are asking for stays of more then three nights only so blowing the stag dos out the water and once thats in place then they might be a tad cheaper,,,,,,,
i really liked that small hotel near Batavia,,rooms are like mini flats,,, and round the corner from the main reception with big windows and a lounge with big bedrooms,,
I smoked the shit out of it and had no problem but stay away from the windows or end up like Chet Baker on the pavement,,,,,s2:tiphat:

zamzia

Veteran
Wish you were coming too s2 bro. Don't suppose you remember the name of that gaff do you?

All the best

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone booked anything yet ?
The airbnb situation is not great I have to say... the tyre station hotel is still looking ok, but a bit out of the way as on the southern end of overtoom.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
supposed to get my hotel free, but he hasn't given me any details yet, so maybe the whole thing won't work out. was supposed to be an invited expert judge, but now hightimes has taken over the organization i'm no longer sure whats happening lol.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wish you were coming too s2 bro. Don't suppose you remember the name of that gaff do you?

All the best

Zamzia,, Gauis,,,and Chevy,,
that small hotel is next to the Barbazon Hotel ,that big one just before ya get to batavia,,on the same side of road as batavia,
and if ya google chet bakers death in Amsterdam then you may get it there as he fell out the window when stoned on smack and died,,
Thats where i would head for if i was coming..
ask for a 1st floor room around the corner,,,,,
All the best,,,,s2

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Chet Bakers death hotel? my dad told me about his death as a cautionary tale against taking drugs lmao. poor guy, what a way to go.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Far out ! I have stayed there before but had no idea.
Rest in peace Chet, legend...

Sounds like a good idea though. I mean the hotel, not the falling-out-the-window-on-smack.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I'd love to go to Amsterdam again, but I'll never attend another High Times hosted/sponsored/whatever event again.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Checked out prices for the Prins Hendrik, but 450GBP for three nights is something...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be suprised if you could get a central apartment for much less Chevy and you do get breakfast ,,, best of luck mate,,,s2

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I'd love to go to Amsterdam again, but I'll never attend another High Times hosted/sponsored/whatever event again.

dude, you should aim for our ic 420 cup event, much more fun and interesting then hightimes, keep an eye on this forum for info on this years coming event, it should be an amazing time, we are working on a huge surprise announcement regarding this years IC 420 Cup. but it's too early to announce it as it's still not sure if it all works as we hope. but go ahead and take off work from 17th April to 20th April...2018.

zamzia

Veteran

This meet isn't about HT, this is IC crew get to together since HT ditched the cup. Come along, it's always a great meet up. Plus, as Gaius says, there's no excuse for not trying IC420 2018!!

zamzia

Veteran
dude, you should aim for our ic 420 cup event, much more fun and interesting then hightimes, keep an eye on this forum for info on this years coming event, it should be an amazing time, we are working on a huge surprise announcement regarding this years IC 420 Cup. but it's too early to announce it as it's still not sure if it all works as we hope. but go ahead and take off work from 17th April to 20th April...2018.

Oh Gaius!! You're teasing us! As Jellyfish says... Intriguing!!