What's new

Post Your ACE X's !!!

Shua1991

(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger

#13 - Cherry Tootsie Pop pheno, smells exactly like cherry and tootsie roll(sweet chocolate, not earthy), also expresses my old Plushberry's "bleeding" phenotype traits. It produces red sap on stems and leaves, i thought at first it was those goddamn spider mites that made a comeback, but my worries were put to rest on close examination it was red and hard sap deposits. hopefully it does produce these on the flowers themselves.

this is a recessive/rare trait that the mother plant never exhibited, granny did. I called that plushberry the "cherry Bleeder" phenotype, while the terps are much more like the Cuvee f2's chocolate cherry dad's phenotype. I hope this plant is a colorful one, and potent, it's already sticky from stem rub, and it produces roots fast, exhibits good hybrid vigor and some sativa traits(double leaf serrations, good internodal length).

20221128_014908.jpg
20221128_014942.jpg

This plant showed its sex today, its a female! I hope it's not the only plant like it, because if I find a male counterpart to this phenotype, I am definitely making f2's if the smoke is high quality, I may have to grow another 50 just to find this pheno again.

Shua1991

(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger #8

Chocolate liqueur pheno- smells like nesquick syrup, no cherry or fruit, has a slight whiskey barrel scent to it, stem rub smells like Dark Chocolate liqueur, displays more sativa characteristics than indica, produces thick individual strands of roots rather than the more webbed type I have on the Cherry Tootsie pheno, similar size and growth with slightly less internodal stretch on lower limbs.

Double serrations forming on top fan leaves. No sap deposits and no purpling on the main stem, very likely a green pheno. Hoping this is a "Chocolate Thai" pheno.
20221129_010707.jpg

Full canopy shot after watering them.
20221129_011924.jpg

I plan on breeding the funky/rotting smelling phenotypes among this bunch, depending on how the smoke quality turns out i have a bunch of "Red Scare Seed Company" Afghan Shit Show (American Shit Show x Afghan Maruf Black) that I am currently pheno hunting for the foulest funky expressions, they bred using Afghan/Indian landrace exchange "Maruf Black", at about 13 days since germination they're already starting to stink 😊 and that's a really good sign! They smell like rotting garbage and poop, a few are more fruity, like apples.
20221129_011953.jpg

Here they are after watering, I've got another 40 seeds left to grow out, I plan to start those once these plants reach 4 weeks of flower, that way they can immediately be put into flower after the initial runs harvest, I'll know what to look for regarding the "Maruf Black" Phenotypes.

Last edited:

Shua1991

(Plushberry/Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger I'm happy to say, after 5 weeks since germination, from 44 plants I've got 10 males that look and smell like keepers, all of which have female counterparts listed from my favorite to those that appear like they have high potential, and only 2 weeks left until I begin flowering them all. I've started transferring the quickest rooting plants into their final 3 and 2 gallon pots, the fun part starts soon!

1. Cherry Tootsie Pop- two females and two males, 1 male with purpling stems and red sap and a male equivalent! The other two f/m are green with no bleeding/sap.

2. Chocolate liqueur/whiskey- some purpling on stems and more sativa growth characteristics.

3.Toffee pheno- buttery and earthy burnt caramel odor, strong root growth with mild coloration and more sativa characteristics.

4. Orange/clementine liqueur pheno- sweet and alcoholic smelling, very sticky stem rub, likely going to be resinous!

5. Pumpkin spice/Pie 🎃 phenotype- the male has a more pumpkin pie smell while the female smells like a pumpkin spice latte, earthy sweet and hints of nutmeg/spice, the rarest phenotype, only one female and male among the 44. Has a sticky stem rub like the very best phenos.

6. Carrot Cake 🥕 pheno, it's got the malawi carrot terps with a sweet cake-like background, similar to the cuvee f2 lineage(chocolate cherry cake) tied with pumpkin pie pheno for rarest, slower maturing and less overall vigor than the rest, this makes me think it will be quality flower but a slow veg because it's sticky on stem rub.

7.Cherry floor cleaner pheno- smells like the floor cleaner I use at my old restaurant job, I could never mistake it, my least favorite smelling because of that 😅, it smells like it's going to be potent smoke and has a sticky/resinous stem rub, this is the most prevalent phenotype, I had several males with this terp profile, the best males I kept and culled the rest, the later they sexed the better they smelled. Some of the quicker sexed males had that urinal cake type of soapy smell, the later ones were more like mop solution, slight differences.

Last edited:

Shua1991

(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger)

I snipped the tops off all my male selections and culled the pithe filled males, as they tend to be Inferior in nutrient/water uptake, they also tend to produce inferior resin/potency as the trait is more associated with hemp-like growth as compared to the hollow stemmed plants.

Luckily all of the best phenotypes had hollow stems, the best male also produced red/pinkish sap that cauterized its wounded stem, so far that one male is looking like the top candidate for f2's.

If none of these males exhibit autoflowering or intersexing traits then each of them is going to produce unique f2 lines, otherwise I will cull them if they do and start another 50 or so seeds.

burningfire

Veteran
I snipped the tops off all my male selections and culled the pithe filled males, as they tend to be Inferior in nutrient/water uptake, they also tend to produce inferior resin/potency as the trait is more associated with hemp-like growth as compared to the hollow stemmed plants.

I think that's a myth that's been popularized by DJ Shorts. Very few of my plants have not had a solid stem and resin coverage has always been excellent. I also don't think the pithe is what they use to make fiber for rope/paper.

Shua1991

I think that's a myth that's been popularized by DJ Shorts. Very few of my plants have not had a solid stem and resin coverage has always been excellent. I also don't think the pithe is what they use to make fiber for rope/paper.
The more hemp-like plants always have heavy pithe production, that isn't up for debate, they also have better resistance to drought and are more cold tolerant, upsides and downsides. so from my experience it's been proven true. The solid stem plants never have as strong terps/resin production, including my current grow.

goingrey

The more hemp-like plants always have heavy pithe production, that isn't up for debate, they also have better resistance to drought and are more cold tolerant, upsides and downsides. so from my experience it's been proven true. The solid stem plants never have as strong terps/resin production, including my current grow.
Hemp strains grown for fiber usually have hollow stems, somewhat counterintuitively.

burningfire

Veteran
I've grown absolute stinkers without hollow stems

you are right, there's no debate.

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/a...23/industrial-hemp-a-new-crop-for-nsw.pdf.pdf

page 2

as far as potency goes.. maybe it's a marker but it doesn't seem to be something to select for or against from the conflicting reports of people who follow or ignore the myth.

Shua1991

(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger)
20221217_040615.jpg
20221217_040654.jpg
20221217_040816.jpg

The very last plant to show its sex might be a male but I still cannot tell, I hope it is female since it is the most "sativa" dominant phenotype from 40+ plants, displaying double leaf serrations on, a sweet Rosé wine smell with light cherry tartness coming from its stem rub, very similar to its grandmother plant Plushberry, it also has what about 10% of plants have displayed so far- double branching, so far 5 of the confirmed females have shown this trait, a few of the mother plant's relatives had this trait too.
20221217_034425.jpg

Pumpkin spice pheno has it.
20221217_034346.jpg

Cherry Tootsie Pop pheno has it.

20221217_034228.jpg

Cherry mopping solution pheno has it, and 2 others, makes it really easy to clone as 2 extra shoots grow per node, usually weeks after the first branch is matured.

I will have to wait and see how this trait effects flowering and end product, if it's harmless I will cobtinue to use these plants to produce f2's.

Last edited:

Mountainkush

Hey everyone,
Wanted to add a couple more pics of some Pck x Jamaican plants I grew. They didn’t have a chance to finish but looked and smelled great and the samples I tried were pretty good. Both seemed to lean more to the unknown Jamaican side for effect with a nice warmth and happy vibe. The more purple one smelled to the Pck side and the other had a unique fresh scent all its own.
D1198FFB-9A49-4880-B019-E33E231C47F9.jpeg
F6CAE221-828A-4639-B27B-ED83572478FF.jpeg
27E2E9EF-4561-4B48-AD4D-6C075A115972.jpeg

Not sure what’s up with the main top being so different but it was interesting to watch it grow.
Left is the main top and right is actually one of the bottom branches.
11776607-DB9B-40F2-84CF-690D6B42A906.jpeg
A75E4500-3662-46AD-B262-3EB9FBF941AB.jpeg