What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drip Clean makes sense if it works like this...

DaleW

I'm hearing that if you use drip clean you no longer have to worry about run off. Please tell me this is true because if so this would be like a good send to me for a couple of reasons...feed back is appreciated.

D

DHF

Just saw this DW...sorry for the non-response.....Dripclean`s recommended doseage from H&G is . 4 ml per gal to help keep drippers and feedlines cleaned out of residual salt buildup , but.....

Several yrs back it was found that if the doseage was upped to 1 ml per gal , it`s "ionic properties" helped latch onto residual salt buildup in the medium itself/coco , and has over the yrs all but eliminated the need for excessive runoff in DTW setups.....and....

ALL my Growbro`s that do this shit for a living behind the scenes refuse to live without it , but....as Mr D has spoke of lately , if yas run lower ppm`s across the board start to finish there`s no reason to use dripclean and he runs Heath Robinson`s levels of 1.2 EC/600 ppm`s @ . 5 conversion with all but no runoff with dialed results......so...that said.....

I never ran over 750 ppm`s till shutdown but wasted assloads of juice DTW to prevent salt buildup as insurance before dripclean was known about , but even with dripclean there`s gonna be a certain amount of runoff in a DTW setup cuz you`re dependent on pumps and timers , but......

Runoff can be greatly reduced with the implementation of dripclean @ 1 ml per gal from every big dawg on and up the left coast on into Canada per the invite only sites......anyways......

Guaranteed with lower ppm concentrations in coco the likelihood of residual salt buildup is lessened and all but negated , but with unknown additive cations and other shit that can add ppm`s without really showing up in the forefront during the bloom cycle , it`s been unanimously voted as good insurance for big setups , and how could it hurt a small setup ..so......

Hope that helps.....DHF.....:ying:......

L

longwaters

Drip clean at 1 ml per gallon costs 5 cents, 0.4 ml per gallon costs 2 cents. Do you think it's worth it to up the dosage?

Tyga

Veteran
Actually just posted about this Earlier in the day I posted on this... Ive noticed first hand experience using blumats that at .4ML/gal it will do absolutley nothing besides keeping the dripper lines clean. At 1 ML per gal you will achieve both clean drippers and a clean medium. Lower the EC of your feed im sure the better chance you have of keeping a nice clean medium. Me personally never feed over 750 unless im giving a one time feed with a bloom booster.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
ok so i have been sitting on the fence with drip clean but now i am sold.. here is the thing - i hand water airpots, i dont even have drippers. will it still be useful at 1ml/gal for me?

M

moodster

i use blumats dripper with drip clean as directed 1ml to 10 litres and get no buildup at all also have no runoff drip clean is sweet

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
woldnt waste my $ on it

if your not feeding excessively, you should have no need for drip clean

D

DHF

woldnt waste my $ on it

if your not feeding excessively, you should have no need for drip clean
Opinions vary........but.....fact remains fact.........

Too many declarations of success to just preach not feeding excessively and not needin dripclean.......and why ?.....

Cuz most folks feed excessively due to all the bullshit bloom boosters and hype additives advertised as the absolute yield boosters for growin dope at the hydro whore stores.......so.....bottom line......

Less is more.....bet on it......Never ran over 750 ppm`s for many yrs with dialed results........but....I did use runoff in my coco setups well before dripclean`s appearance into the market.........but.....

Got waaaay too many success stories here and elsewhere just to say don`t waste your $ as per your post Farmdale.....

Shit works......period........but ......It`s been documented as well by Mr D that he runs 1.2 EC with little to runoff without usin dripclean with dialed results , so that supports your post FF , but.....

Usin it in coco seems the best insurance with such a finicky medium till dialed , and that`s why I stand behind it 100 %......

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

L

longwaters

I'm pretty picky about smoking, so I've been using it in coco because it improves taste and burn quality. Salt accumulation isn't easy to flush with plain water because coco has high cation exchange capacity. Drip clean at 0.4 ml/gal helps immensely, allowing for a clean burn with no flush. Or you can flush and get it even cleaner, but some claim that there is less "fullness" to the smoke.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
oh no doubt DHF, i feel what your sayin

i just tell people to save their $ only because i, at one time, fell for all that extra boosters and useless nutrient shit

once people realize you dont need to feed heavy if feeding regularly in coco, the better off we'll all be, ya know?

like you said, you never ran over 750. i myself max out at 850 w/ HG coco base and hydroplex in flower with zero salt problems

DaleW

Thanks guys that's the feed back I was looking for because I'm looking to do a coco grow but am not wanting to waste nutes on runoff because that shit adds up! So yeah sounds good

9 1/2

Ive used drip clean for about 2 years. I would say what i found, was that all them nutes stay in there
when watering.

so your ppm go very high were you would have to flush aggressively and your plants get deficiencies.i would water with no run off ..by the way

Latest posts

Latest posts