What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
but i can show you what i mean with big, bag-like calyxes on my amnesia haze, she also does this - not as extremely as that amnesia haze from enchede (that's really just a cluster of such calyxes, not that much foxtails as on my AH)

21805Amnesiamakro.jpg

nomaad

Veteran
Thanks for this thread. I have learned a lot. Especially appreciate maintaining a positive atmosphere in search of the best and clearest possible information.

+K to all.

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran

just reviewing the core cut pics, and there it is... clusters of bag-like calyxes...

now maybe that in enchede is the core cut...

but then i would wonder why ojd feels that the clone i have is a better represantation of the old-not-core-cut-AH as i really think this clone is related to what i smoked in enchede...

now congratulations you got me even more confused than i was before...

def have to try that core cut asap...

if it's the one from enchede i think i wouldn't grow the pheno i have anymore...

but i think i finally really understand where that amnesia name comes from lol funny is i called a cross i made with my AH confusion :D (the cross is AH x (nyc diesel x strawberry diesel) - so that name really fits in more than one way lol )

if anybody who knows the core-cut well stops by in enchede let me know what you think ;)

greetz

BlueBird

Looks verry nice dude.

I love this one same as the soma lavender and killerkush.
Amnesia haze is just started to flower here.
Ill start a topic about in a few days.

Couple years ago i had a few clones of that nycd.
I had to flower them al and it was a wunderfull good weed.

If i can find that clone again i would be verry happy.

Keep up the good work.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
celestial temple sativa

celestial temple sativa

...smoked some in mid 90's i think....then i remember seeing it in a seed catalog not too long after that...always thought it was HTC for some reason...is that from soma? what did you think of it?

solarz

Subrob...the CTS is from federation...and i've been looking for these genes after i smoked some a few years ago in Canada. it was amazing....the tast, the smoke, just everything about it. It had a VERY up sativa high on it, and lasted a good 4-6 hours...and thats no exaggeration.

solarz

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Wow , this is getting complicated....:1help:lmao

sideshowbob, nycd#1 is what looks to me like the real nycd.

And about the A5 and C5, i had those cuts but lost them in a bust 2 years ago (together with 16 other strains) , those cuts arent sold and the bud isnt for sale as SSH or Amnesia. The group around that dutch dude "Freakje", has those cuts. Barney's had them on their menu (and entered in the htcc with it) a few times under other names, if i remember well their Willie Nelson was the A5. Flowertimes of those are 12 and 14 weeks , but these cats claim to get yields up to 1.8-2.0 gr a watt, with hardly any veg time. I never flowered em myself.

Hope this helps.....:1help:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
so here is a pic of that amnesia haze from the sharon coffeeshop in enchede my friend sent me...

looks good for shopweed eh? :D

Wow , this is getting complicated....:1help:lmao

sideshowbob, nycd#1 is what looks to me like the real nycd.

And about the A5 and C5, i had those cuts but lost them in a bust 2 years ago (together with 16 other strains) , those cuts arent sold and the bud isnt for sale as SSH or Amnesia. The group around that dutch dude "Freakje", has those cuts. Barney's had them on their menu (and entered in the htcc with it) a few times under other names, if i remember well their Willie Nelson was the A5. Flowertimes of those are 12 and 14 weeks , but these cats claim to get yields up to 1.8-2.0 gr a watt, with hardly any veg time. I never flowered em myself.

Hope this helps.....:1help:

Thx for letting us know moppel :) yeah i remember reading about that crazy yields on a5 and c5 with the hps being like 1-2m away from the plants or something like this...

K

Karma Genetics

I flowerd the A5, C5, HPH years ago, I still now somone that runs one of the A5 cuts. (as there where more also al in the same group) Based in breda is al i can say.

Let me find some pics for you. of the cut i run.

11133Amnesia893.JPG

11133Amnesia7weeks2.JPG

11133Amnesia7weeks.JPG

11133Amnesia6weeksa.jpg

11133Amnesi891.JPG

11133Amnasiadry2.JPG

Those nugs look like ultra frosty super dank Karma! Looks like you got some absolutely killer gear in your stable. Can't wait to get some seeds of your work!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ahhh now... hold up wait a minute...(lol)..

I've run the hypro Amnesia before now and it smelled like tangerines as I said previously - that's like a mandarin, whoever mentioned that - and I currently have some just finishing which I'd decided weren't Amnesias after all as they smell too sweet..plus my mate has a history of telling me later down the line that "the cheese is infact chocolope" etc - in fact the first lot of amnesia arrived under the label PP..... but now I'm back to thinking they could be "bubblegum" amnesia ... which I'm guessing I've never tried... as to me, Amnesia is tart and citrus flavour with haze fuel.

SillyCone

Hey Karma, the cut you're running now is looking very close to the Core cut... Same leaves, same buds... How long do you flower that one ?

The difficult thing in this debate, is that we miss common references for smell... Who knows if what mr.X calls lemony, mr.Y would call it fruity/spicy ? One thing this thread proves, is that everything depends on the pheno... The SSH I smoke is reaaally rarely the same as the SSH you smoke...

For example I remember clearly buying some NYCD in a coffee shop in Dam that had that grapefruit smell and taste quite a few years back, but all the NYCD I've grown had sort of a bacon smell instead, sometimes with a little grapefruit aftertaste, but never dominant like the A'dam pheno. I guess the Soma cut you guyz are talking about has that grapefruit taste, the Tangerine cut. I can confirm for sure (having smoked and being growing it now) the NYCD "Soma cut" Locco is talking about IS NOT the tangerine cut.
It's all I can say, really, coz like many of you, I'm not into history, as long as I like to grow and smoke the plant, and most of all, share it so many of us can rejoice on it like we're doing now with the "Core cut" ;)

BlueBird

Hmmm, looks pretty nice for coffieshop weed.

i am going to roll an amnesia right know.

Love tha smoke

Take care and keep up the good work.

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
I flowerd the A5, C5, HPH years ago, I still now somone that runs one of the A5 cuts. (as there where more also al in the same group) Based in breda is al i can say.

Let me find some pics for you. of the cut i run.

How are your yields on her? Did you grow her on soil? I know these dudes grow her hydro with chemical (powder) nutes.

Or are we getting way of topic now?

K

Karma Genetics

De amnesia, SSH that i run goes 10,11 weeks

keep in mind that the same cut can produce many difernt end product, meaning grown on soil, hydro , coco, Much heat ore a good room the food etc, I see a lot of batches of this cut every month, an some look more yellow from the amber trichs, some the taste and smell changed less sweet from the poor drying method etc.

Moppel, they use that powder they got made many years ago, sound like the same crew to me.

I used to grow the A5 on soil good yield but defantly not more then 1g a watt ( that is a good yield to me), the A5 yields better then the C5 and the HPH (Hashplant Haze) is proberly my favorite of them harder nuggets and a devastating stone simmilar to the A5 but less high more bang.

I will fly by the guy before coming to the dam next week, and see if i can get som samples again like in aprill, MR haze has seen the A5 i brought last time.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Hi everyone,

This thread has really cleared up some things. I have posted many times how
much I have enjoyed smoking Amnesia during my trips to the Netherlands.

But, there has always been something "fishy" about the information concerning
the genetics that are in the Amnesia Haze seeds from Soma.

I even posted a question in Mr. Nice and Soma forum sections, last year, but
the only answer that I got was from Mr. Haze420, and it was the same
information that he posted in this thread (about it being the SSH cut).

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=90975

here is the thread from Mr. Nice section, maybe some of this information will
spill over to that thread, since it seems that SSH has been producing some
impressive "end-results" without being given the "full credit" that it deserves.

Later,

SouthFlorida

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how about bringing some cuts with you karma

id def like to get hold of any of these old cuts a5 c5 hph if any of you dutch guys have the connections

peace

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i had about 10g from direct from Soma about 8 or 9years ago..it was the years he won the HTCup the first time with it!! and this was from another cut def. from another !!! deep brown looking weed but with a strong frankincense/church smell and not soo sweet!! maybe the best weed i smoked until know!!!

I am sure until i read the hole story here that Somas Amnesia is a cross between one of the Amnesia Cuts and the G13HAze male.....
why da hell he not sell a Amnesia HAze x G13 HAze cross!!! every other strain he sells xx with da G13HAze...i allways knew the Somas Amnesia have the G13 Haze already in it!!!
Know i can imagine that his AH is only the AH cut x the the G13Haze

what i also know that there are min. 2 AH(Indica dom) cut around Amnsterdam a more brown one and a deep green one....what looks the hypro cut like-karma may u can help????

Latest posts

Latest posts