What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wattage and potency of the high

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
light intensity that reaches the total surface area of plant material would be more correct, The WATTAGE of the lights is less important,My most potent growing has been done with low wattage bulbs closer to the plants in micro settings.

LOL OK. I think you missed my other posts. Its clear you thought process is somewhere else. Good luck with your garden :)

Last edited:

romanoweed

Yes Jammal, i recall now the Reports where People grew equatorial Satvas and they heightend Effects , they also mentioned to place Lamps closer to Plants helps

Jammal

Yes Jammal, i recall now the Reports where People grew equatorial Satvas and they heightend Effects , they also mentioned to place Lamps closer to Plants helps

yes some varieties can handle higher intensity to reach a higher potential. obliviously some don't try and just regurgitate what they have been told.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Original Haze, 100W led, grown in a micro cab less than 2' high. 10 / 14 light cycle.

6 weeks:

picture.php

12 weeks
picture.php

no 'regurgitation' required :)
VG

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I dont think that its so easy more light = stronger weed. The spectrum of the light is more important and the distance to it. U can get closer to a 250w hps than to a 600w. The total lighted space is way smaller with the 250 so less harvest.
I'm using 2 osram powerball hci-t 150w 942 together with a hps 250-400 dimmable. The 300w plus from the hci gave me more than double harvest with increased potency. I don't think that my growing skills doubled it was the better light spectrum imo.

romanoweed

I googled Watts of natural Sunlight per Squaremeter, you can red it on Wikipedia, on the very top of the Page, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight

They say OVERALL VATTS ON EARTH IS 120 OR 160 WATTS PER 24 HOURS-DAY. Lets assume 140.
Calculate away the Night, we endup with 280 Watts per Daytime. From earlyer Research know equatorial Sun is around one third Stronger than moderate Climates one like middle Europe/middle USA. So we calculate one third on top of 280, and we en up with 370 Watts.

370 Watts to imitate equatorial Sun. But Sunlight is Fullspectrum, you may need even more Watts of Leds, Cause they still today are not quiet Fullspectrum, they have Spikes in red and blue part and a small Dip in Green.

Just a theoretical approach.

prune

Veteran
Light intensity absolutely effects potency, I'm a little surprised by the responses, I guess some people just follow the herd and don't push things to the limits.

Exactly, that's why we have factory grows filled full of "healthy" dark green plants that yield our world famous dispensary hay.

Latest posts

Latest posts