What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The joint doctor Lowryder SOG

Tricko

Hello Icmag and welcome to my grow log.

I did a grow operation 5 years ago with a constantly harvesting SOG. I did both autoflowers and regulars. It was kind of nerve wrecking having flowering plants 24/7 over time, but this time I'm just doing one run because I have family visiting sometimes and it would be hell on earth if someone found out what I'm doing....

I smoke a gram a day to medicate, and I'm currently using way too much money on weed bc of the corona prices. Time to make my own medicine again.... :smokeit:

Tent: 80x80x160cm

Light: 250w hps in a cooltube

Strains : Its maybe 4 autoflower strains, but i think 3 strains... I'm using 4 bags of homemade seeds from autos i have grown for some years. I marked the bags from number 1 to number 4.
I know its lowryders from joint doctor in there, I think number 2 and number 3 might be the lowryders. Number 1 and 4 might be a cross between joint doctor lowryder and a autoflower northern lights from sensiseeds. Might also be a cross between the lowryder and a unknown autoflower i got from a guy with green fingers.

I hoped to stack 25 autos in one gallon pots in there, but I just got 20 to sprout. Looks like it is going to be less crowdy than what i was hoping for. I will give the last seeds some more time and maybe sprout a second round just to get it filled up. half of them are going to be guys anyways.... Number 1. was very hard to sprout, I just barley got two seeds out of ten to open, number 2 and 3 sprouted fine. number 4 was also a bit hard to sprout but not as bad as number 1.
The funny thing is that the nicest seeds was most difficult to sprout.

KIQ9pNa.jpg

yUTvbsy.jpg

Tricko

I found my old blumat tropf system and set it up last night. Im waiting on a better water reservoar, so this 5l bottle with mylar will have to do for now.

wwOuJr1.jpg

BxKRHtl.jpg

nCQ23Rw.jpg

l1HdzQt.jpg

Tricko

Hi LizardMan. Yeah, I think the blumats are going to be perfect in this setup. I plan on hand feeding them lightly in addition to the self watering.

After a miserable germination I will have to do things a little different. Only 12/20 sprouts made it into little plants. It was mostly #2 and #3 that sucsesfully sprouted. #1 and #4 did get a little tap root on some seeds, but didn't bite the soil.

Plan B: Three or four stage SOG, I will have to sprout more seeds every 14 days until the box is full. And i'm Not giving up on the #1 and #4.....

I have read some roomers that gas from banana peel can make "feminized" seeds and reactivate old seeds, I doubt the fact that ethylene will make seeds feminized, but the fact that it breaks down the seed shell and "activates" old seeds is pretty good documented. (hopefully I get some ekstra females too...)

Tricko

Small update!

Im having a little trouble filling up the tent because some seeds does not even sprout when I transplant them into soil from the wet paper. Some of the plants are looking wierd and small, they seem to grow slower. I suspect it being a result of my not so stable seeds from my own seed production. And on the last batch almost all of them was males. Hopefully I get some more females in this batch, I have even tried the banana peel thingy on this batch. It surely sprouted more seeds much faster, but I doubt it will help on feminizing the seeds.... Next batch I will try to put the seeds directly into the soil and see if that helps. Maybe 2-3 seeds in every pot just to be sure i get one good plant in each pot.

When the water reserve is empty(I guess tonight), I am planning on moving the two bigger plants way back in the corners just to get some better work space.

And for the self watering system, its working like a dream. It seems to be using much less water this way compared to hand watering.

V7nZBHf.jpg

I have pollinated the lower parts of the plant to the left.

l8pFHcm.jpg

Its slowly filling up....

Tricko

NOrlj3V.jpg

This is how i try to do the banana peel myth. I did put em in soil today.

KVob8nW.jpg

I also reorganized the plants.

rsksSFC.jpg

Lower parts are pollinated on this girl.